1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Ethics
  3. » Henrietta versus the Clerics

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 02:50 pm

Catchabula

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 02:56 pm
@Catchabula,
Wonderful, zero replies! Well, I had some reaction through other channels, and I'm now convinced this is a complete "Scheinproblem". So please don't mind, it doesn't matter. Damn, there's a reply now... ;-)

Caroline

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:13 pm
@Catchabula,
Give it some time Catch, it evokes alot of feelings and thoughts and needs time to sort out in the brain, alot of the stuff you've asked about Henrietta im not sure about because i dont know her, for instance, she's a nurse so does she already have bad days, (like you mentioned), and if so how does she deal with them? As always Catch there's alot in your posts and it takes time because it is thought provoking and you know yourself it takes time to go somewhere.

Poseidon

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 05:56 pm
@Catchabula,
Well, my only major medical problems in life thus far have been dental, as a result of intollerance to fluoride. Fluroride toothpaste burnt my gums, so I avoided teeth brushing as a child.

A few years ago I had my yearly root canal treatment, and 3 times the dentist asked if I had any allergies, and each time I told him : fluoride.

After the op, he told me he had put a fluoride capsule in the tooth.

For two weeks thereafter I had mouth ulcers, and after that the filling just fell out.

I decided to (mostly) stop eating suger, and be meticulous in brushing teeth with expensive non-fluoride toothpaste when my will is weak and I give in to the suger craving.

I no longer have a yearly root canal, and have not even had toothache since.
The only time I have been to a doctor (other than dentist) in the last 20 years is for a broken leg playing soccer.

I just do not trust them very much.

During my childhood, the doctor would regularly give injections into the backside, for which there is absolutely no medical benefit.

I did have a good freind who was a retired medical doctor, and she told me that in her entire life of doctoring 80% of her patients really just needed a psychologist.

As a psychologist, I would reckon that 80% of people seeing psychologists, just need a bit of TLC.

jeeprs

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 05:57 am
@Catchabula,
Quote:
A few years ago my wife was almost completely paralysed and we had nurses visiting us several times a day.

I guess you live in the developed world, hey.

Catchabula

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 08:49 am
@Catchabula,
Yes, but in spite of their visits I often had to remove her faeces myself. Yes, it was my weakness to ask for nursing assistance, I should have done this the whole time. You would, wouldn't you?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Ethics
  3. » Henrietta versus the Clerics
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:28:44