Summarize your philosophy in a few sentences

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

ughaibu

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 10:16 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;169342 wrote:
as per the handy Instructional Video from the Python team....
Or the real thing: virtual philosopher: Philosophers Football - Match Report from the Ref.
not to mention: Phutball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kennethamy

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 02:04 am
@LordScroop,
LordScroop;169233 wrote:
To summarize my philosophy I would use a quote. "Nothing be good nor bad but thinking makes it so" Thats one of the most profound and easily understood axioms of our lives.

[INDENT] Hamlet:
What have you, my good friends, deserv'd at the hands of
Fortune, that she sends you to prison hither?

Guildenstern:
Prison, my lord?

Hamlet:
Denmark's a prison.

Rosencrantz:
Then is the world one.

Hamlet:
A goodly one, in which there are many confines, wards, and
dungeons, Denmark being one o' th' worst.

Rosencrantz:
We think not so, my lord.

Hamlet:
Why then 'tis none to you; for there is nothing either good or
bad, but thinking makes it so. To me it is a prison.

Hamlet Act 2, scene 2, 239-251 [/INDENT]

Soul Brother

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 04:19 am
@apehead,
apehead;169092 wrote:
And you seem to be confident enough in your accumulated knowledge and decision making process to determine what is good and what is evil.

What makes you think it is so difficult to differentiate between good and evil?

apehead;169092 wrote:
Could I possibly have some examples of what made Crowley the most satanist(?) and evil man in history?

Surely I do not need to outline to you the wicked acts of this evil man, after all he is your hero no?

He was a 33rd degree mason who raped young boys for pleasure, even sacrificed children and babies in the name of satanic rituals. It is said that During a 1921 ritual, he induced a male goat to copulate with his mistress, then slit the animal's throat at the moment of orgasm.

Would you conceive of such acts as good? I certainly hope you don't.

sometime sun

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 02:43 pm
@Soul Brother,
Always look on the life side of bright

HexHammer

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 02:12 am
@Render,
Think the right thoughts! - HexHammer

mark noble

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 03:32 pm
@Ding an Sich,
Hi all,

To live and learn, to toss and turn
To dance and laugh and cry
To say hello to everything
And wave it all goodbye
To grow and reap, to rise from sleep
To dream, to scream, to fly
To be as me, to always see
Then settle down...and die.

Mark...

Reconstructo

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 03:39 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;169692 wrote:
Always look on the life side of bright

Now that is efficiency!

Zetherin

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 04:53 pm
@Render,
Soul Brother wrote:
During a 1921 ritual, he induced a male goat to copulate with his mistress, then slit the animal's throat at the moment of orgasm.

The goat didn't know if he was coming or going.

Ha

Ha

Ha

Twirlip

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 05:45 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin;170531 wrote:
Soul Brother;169491 wrote:
It is said that During a 1921 ritual, he induced a male goat to copulate with his mistress, then slit the animal's throat at the moment of orgasm.
The goat didn't know if he was coming or going.

Ha

Ha

Ha

Then Crowley said to his mistress, "You see? I told you this magick stuff was only kidding."

apehead

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 06:37 am
@Soul Brother,

Because metaphysical questions cannot currently be answered by man.

Surely I do not need to outline to you the wicked acts of this evil man, after all he is your hero no?

I wouldn't call him my hero, but I happen to agree with his simple philosophy.

He was a 33rd degree mason who raped young boys for pleasure, even sacrificed children and babies in the name of satanic rituals. It is said that During a 1921 ritual, he induced a male goat to copulate with his mistress, then slit the animal's throat at the moment of orgasm.

Although rather imaginative, I heard the Pope does the same stuff, as do the members of the Bohemian Grove club, and the Montauk Project. Accepting wild stories as fact does not an evil man make.

Please spare me the patronizing chiding. How are you so positive that your moral compass is pointing the exact direction? Nothing but arrogance.

HexHammer

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 06:51 am
@Soul Brother,

Demagogues who preaches good, will often commit immense evil

Medical drugs designed to do good, can often have really bad sideeffects, back in the 70-80'ies babies were born without arms because of the painkiller drug for pregnants.

GW Buch promised to protect us, but only caused more harm in the process.

Nobel invetor of dynamite with good intentions wanted it to end all wars, when it only enhanced the effect of war.

...so year, good and evil isn't always clearly defined.

sometime sun

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 10:58 am
@Render,
I can not deserve anything.
I can earn everything.

Humchuckninny

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 01:13 am
@Soul Brother,
I find that, when all is said and done, ethics tends to be what is most essential to the philosophical mind. Personally, I believe that it is the intentions one has which determine the rightness/wrongness of their behavior. Of course, this makes it difficult to judge from an objective standpoint, but this series of quotes gives an excellent example:

apehead;169075 wrote:
That's easy. Take it away, Al!

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" - Aleister Crowley

then,

Soul Brother;169088 wrote:
Wow, you seem to have staunch admiration toward the most satanist and most evil man in history.

It seems to me that the intention of apehead is to state his general philosophy in an enlightening manner. Evident by the phrase "take it away, Al!"

It also seems to be that the intention of Soul Brother's comment is solely to tear down the prior commenter. I see no other way, within the context of the thread, to interpret his comment.

Regardless of whether or not A. Crowley rapes young boys or engages in bestiality, I have a very hard time believing apehead's quote advocated such behavior.

Which behavior has the purer intentions? This is my philosophy in a nutshell. Smile

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:46:21