Why do we eat meat?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

sometime sun
 
Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 04:54 pm
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;164721 wrote:

I got into Oxford, no? Somehow I think I am stronger than you too. No offense, but it's just so true.

Yes you got into Oxford, but what if meat were to help you get through it?
Somehow I know you are stronger than me also, but is this a steroid strength or possibly a spiritual one?
How can one measure spiritual strength against another?
 
platorepublic
 
Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 04:59 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;164738 wrote:
Yes you got into Oxford, but what if meat were to help you get through it?
Somehow I know you are stronger than me also, but is this a steroid strength or possibly a spiritual one?
How can one measure spiritual strength against another?

To be honest, I could care less if I got through Oxford. (Not implying I am giving up due to the realisation that being a vegetarian would make me less capable.)

I thought you always fought on my side, so it doesn't really matter.
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 05:10 pm
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;164740 wrote:
To be honest, I could care less if I got through Oxford. (Not implying I am giving up due to the realisation that being a vegetarian would make me less capable.)

I thought you always fought on my side, so it doesn't really matter.

I always fight on the side of what I believe in and I certainly want to believe in you.
 
Ergo phil
 
Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 05:33 pm
@platorepublic,
I've seen free-range cows while driving on the interstate in Upstate New York. You know what? I've never seen a cow run! They are usually standing still or laying down. They are not confined in factory farms because in their natural state they prefer a very small area. And they are also compensated in that they enjoy their lives because the feed they are given is better tasting than grass. They don't even have to mooove because the food comes to them. This is equivalent to a man being confined to a coffin for living but compensated by perpetual orgasms. Morally, the cows are treated fairly.
 
mark noble
 
Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 06:03 pm
@Ergo phil,
Hi all

I eat meat because I like eating meat, I've always liked it, and will eat it for as long as it is available. I used to hunt and fish and swat flies and spiders just because they irritated me, then I realised that all life has only one crack at the whip, and I was playing God with it. I don't kill anymore - I value! I also believe we are intricately entwined with all things. And if I re-emerge as a spider, fly, rabbit etc. I'm going to bump into ME and realise my life will not end here.

But if others keep putting meat in the marketplace, I'll keep eating it.

Bless you all

Mark...
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 06:09 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble;164760 wrote:
Hi all

I eat meat because I like eating meat, I've always liked it, and will eat it for as long as it is available. I used to hunt and fish and swat flies and spiders just because they irritated me, then I realised that all life has only one crack at the whip, and I was playing God with it. I don't kill anymore - I value! I also believe we are intricately entwined with all things. And if I re-emerge as a spider, fly, rabbit etc. I'm going to bump into ME and realise my life will not end here.

But if others keep putting meat in the marketplace, I'll keep eating it.

Bless you all

Mark...

You give yourself a lot of possibilities for some one who thinks we only get one crack at it.Smile

Thank God for the impossible.Smile
 
mark noble
 
Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 06:23 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;164761 wrote:
You give yourself a lot of possibilities for some one who thinks we only get one crack at it.Smile

Thank God for the impossible.Smile


Hi Sun,

One conscious crack at it, in each location, an infinite ammount of times. Never aware of the previous or next.

Thank you and journey fantastically.

Mark...
 
salima
 
Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 12:42 am
@platorepublic,
the only people who need to study what to eat in the way of non veg food are those brought up in a society where meat is the staple. here in india nobody knows anything about nutrition but they dont suffer from any deficiencies as a result of being vegetarian. and in fact they would not have the enzymes necessary to even digest meat if they were given it. apparently human beings are able to subsist either way, which makes us able to populate a larger portion of the globe.

in america when i first became a vegetarian i studied up on how to have a balanced diet, but it isnt really that complicated once you learn how to cook things properly-to my taste that means using lots of spices and hot peppers. no wonder no one in america likes vegetables since no one knows how to cook them. and the idea of what vegetarians eat in america is really crazy...diets made up by people who want to feel and believe they are still eating meat. no one here knows what tofu is, believe me...

food supplements are risky...

so what people choose to eat is basically what they are used to-and to get used to something totally different is not easy, except for a select few that were never doing well on what they were used to. proper nutrition is easily available either way, so basically i conclude that it is neither better or worse for human beings to be vegetarians or meat-eaters-it is only better or worse for the animals and the vegetables.
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 02:06 am
@platorepublic,
Has it occurred to anyone that unless we ate animals, all (unless you hunt) of the animals we eat would not have been alive had they not been raised for food? We don't eat pets, you know.
 
platorepublic
 
Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 02:41 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;164861 wrote:
Has it occurred to anyone that unless we ate animals, all (unless you hunt) of the animals we eat would not have been alive had they not been raised for food? We don't eat pets, you know.

Well there is always a 1st generation.
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 07:37 am
@salima,
salima;164842 wrote:
the only people who need to study what to eat in the way of non veg food are those brought up in a society where meat is the staple. here in india nobody knows anything about nutrition but they dont suffer from any deficiencies as a result of being vegetarian. and in fact they would not have the enzymes necessary to even digest meat if they were given it. apparently human beings are able to subsist either way, which makes us able to populate a larger portion of the globe.
I don't know if this is scientific or not, however I would assume these vegen people have had hundrets/thousands of years to adap to vegen conditions. When many modern western vegen people don't have the time to adapt and therefore get malnurised.
 
xelzaar
 
Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 07:49 am
@platorepublic,
I eat meat because I like meat. It makes me feel strong. I like the taste. However, I do feel sorry for these beasts when they are mistreated.

I suppose it's not essential to eat meat.

Still, the way God made things, killing to eat seems to be part of the plan.

If you don't like it, tell it to God's face when you see him.
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 07:58 am
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;164866 wrote:
Well there is always a 1st generation.


No idea what you mean.

---------- Post added 05-16-2010 at 10:02 AM ----------

xelzaar;164917 wrote:
I eat meat because I like meat. It makes me feel strong. I like the taste. However, I do feel sorry for these beasts when they are mistreated.

I suppose it's not essential to eat meat.

Still, the way God made things, killing to eat seems to be part of the plan.

If you don't like it, tell it to God's face when you see him.


But, as I just pointed out, those beasts would not exist at all unless it was believed that you were going to eat them.

I don't know whether it is a part of God's plan, but it is certainly part of the cattle raiser's plan.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 03/02/2024 at 11:36:59