what if you knew it was the end of the world?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » what if you knew it was the end of the world?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

salima

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 01:24 am
let's say the day after tomorrow, everything will be gone. but you are the only one who knows-how would you spend the rest of your time? and who would you want to be with and why? you are allowed to tell anybody, but they may not believe you and it may start a panic if they do...would you tell anyone? if so who or if not why not?

just curious...

sometime sun

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 11:18 pm
@salima,
I would tell no-one but when i called to say my goodbyes to the people i love i would tell them to make sure they made it clear to the people they love that they do so.
It is the rare times in life when you get a warning and a reminder form someone to tell the people they love they do so, so just hope they take your sage advice, which i think most would.
Sometimes people need a little reminding to tell the people they love they do so.
Just for the record and just incase, I love you Salima and dont forget to tell those you love this also.

salima

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 04:35 am
@salima,
does that mean it's ok if we spend the end of the world together?

yep, i love you too...

xelzaar

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 05:16 am
@salima,
I would spend the rest of the day rebuking God for breaking his word and making me believe in a lie. The next day, the last day, I would find myself a companion and then eat, drink and by merry.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 03:50 pm
@salima,
salima;162109 wrote:
does that mean it's ok if we spend the end of the world together?

yep, i love you too...

I have already been at the end of some wolrds extinguishments and was always alone when they finished and were over and done with.
It might be wonderful to spend it with some one when my or their or the whole world ends.
Just a little to used to doing it alone i suppose.
I think it might be harder to do with company that by the lonesome,
but this is as said is just that i am used to it.
And would never turn anyway in their final hour if anyone needed to be with some one. Needed to be with me.
Just my blessing that it would give a chance to hold each other.
Worth a world ending to be able to be with you.

Outside of time yours, sometime sun

Cortland

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 12:05 am
@salima,
If I knew there was one day left... I would quickly remember what I believe, that whether there is an after-life or not I am going to enjoy what time I have in this life, gather all the people I feel really close to and we would all just go crazy. Do anything we want for a whole day and really ring in the end of the world just like it was a new year

salima

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 01:43 am
@salima,
i think i would get about 8 bundles of beedies, dependable lighters, and a frig full of ice cream along with some trolley cakes and coffee...

xris

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 03:46 am
@salima,
Knowing is the curse. I would try to not let anyone know and try to be as normal as usual. If you ain't let those you love know how much you love them ,by now, you never will.

HexHammer

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 09:02 am
@salima,
1) I have many times been 100% certain about things, and still been wrong ..MANY times.

2) if the world was doomed and there was bright mushroom clouds everywhere, the dog in me would most likely take over, and my anarchistic side would rule.

Ergo phil

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 07:05 am
@salima,
Everything was gone last night while I was sleeping.

The "end of the world" is dramatic. What's the world if no one is conscious of it?

The "end of consciousness" is more like it. What would I do if I knew it was two days away?

Kill myself so I know I left with my own power.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » what if you knew it was the end of the world?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 12:37:02