Are we engaging in philosophy?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

wayne
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 01:41 am
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;158281 wrote:
a lot of philosophy consists of trying to define words you think you know the meaning of.


I've not heard that said before, very true I think.
I've noticed, as I grow older, how many times I've had a definition for a word, since childhood, that I discover to be slightly skewed. I have been keeping a dictionary closer and closer as the years are passing.

"OH MY GOD", I'm becoming my father. Laughing


What's next? Glasses I think.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 01:58 am
@wayne,
:perplexed:
wayne;158295 wrote:
I've not heard that said before, very true I think.
I've noticed, as I grow older, how many times I've had a definition for a word, since childhood, that I discover to be slightly skewed. I have been keeping a dictionary closer and closer as the years are passing.

"OH MY GOD", I'm becoming my father. Laughing


What's next? Glasses I think.
 
wayne
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 02:07 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;158300 wrote:


Can't wait for the 3d printers to come out so I can have some of that bread.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 02:23 am
@wayne,
wayne;158302 wrote:
Can't wait for the 3d printers to come out so I can have some of that bread.


I could give the recipe

Your cousin could bake it, i am sure

You have an oven ?

Yeast is important; use mix of Dutch and French
Maybe it turns into a baquette instead a Gallic maisbread
 
wayne
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:03 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;158306 wrote:
I could give the recipe

Your cousin could bake it, i am sure

You have an oven ?

Yeast is important; use mix of Dutch and French
Maybe it turns into a baquette instead a Gallic maisbread


I have oven, no baker, baker gone fishing all time. :bigsmile:
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:12 am
@wayne,
wayne;158314 wrote:
I have oven, no baker, baker gone fishing all time. :bigsmile:



Bread and fish mmmh.h

Lots needed in the world !
Smile
 
wayne
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:45 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;158331 wrote:
Bread and fish mmmh.h

Lots needed in the world !Smile


I should cook some fish soon. Fried Catfish and Bread mmmm.
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 06:45 am
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;158281 wrote:
a lot of philosophy consists of trying to define words you think you know the meaning of.


Yes, and the other part of it is making important distinctions that are overlooked. Between definition and making distinctions, that's most of it. The rest is argumetation.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 10:19:43