Sense

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 05:46 pm
Which sense would you miss the most if you lost it and why?
 
mister kitten
 
Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 06:45 pm
@Ali phil,
My sight. I would miss it because I have seen very little. I would also not be able to see my drawings anymore.

I wouldn't mind losing my sense of touch...I'd be like a zombie fighting machine.
 
Ali phil
 
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 12:09 am
@Ali phil,
Ah your an artist?
If you couldnt toutch wouldnt that mean you cant feel any physical feeling? such as warmth?
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 12:24 am
@Ali phil,
I would miss my sense of touch. I cannot even truly imagine what the world would be like without it.

When my eyes are closed I can imagine not having sight.
When my mouth is open I can imagine not having taste.
When I plug my nose I can imagine not having smell.
When I plug my ears I can imagine not having hearing.

Bit I am never without touch, I have never really tried to imagine life without touch, I am going to think about it more.
 
Ali phil
 
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 01:18 am
@Ali phil,
Tutch is love.
The feeling of another hand.
The feeling of a hug.
The feeling of a kiss.
The feeling of skin.
The feeling of a lovers warmth.
etc
etc
etc
 
mister kitten
 
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 07:57 am
@Ali phil,
Ali;155973 wrote:

If you couldn't touch wouldn't that mean you cant feel any physical feeling? such as warmth?


Yes, that would be the case. And pleasure/pain.
 
Wisdom Seeker
 
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 08:09 am
@Ali phil,
the mind which is also a sense, without mind there are no other senses...
 
Jebediah
 
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:14 am
@Ali phil,
I'm not sure you can lose your sense of touch without being paralyzed. So that would be the worst I think. Some people lose the ability to feel pain, which sounds nice but is even worse in actuality. They end up scratching their eyes out in their sleep and breaking bones by being careless.

Sight would be next because it truly is a handicap. It's our primary sense and you would really be cut off from the world.

Hearing is a bit tough to place because I think they can cure it pretty well with the cochlear implant. But you would lose out on music and normal social interaction. Harsh.

Taste and smell go together, you need smell to really taste anything. I guess smell is more important than taste.
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:01 am
@Ali phil,
Ali;155850 wrote:
Which sense would you miss the most if you lost it and why?


Commonsense....................
 
Fido
 
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 03:36 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;156079 wrote:
Commonsense....................

Good one; but Aristotle said sight; and there I agree with him...we get so much information from that sense that the want of it does not only leave us blind, but ignorant...

---------- Post added 04-24-2010 at 05:38 PM ----------

Wisdom Seeker;156045 wrote:
the mind which is also a sense, without mind there are no other senses...

The mind is not a sense, but an infinite; a moral form... That there is such a thing to lose has never been shown, and that is why one lost has never been found...
 
yamamoto
 
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 06:15 pm
@Ali phil,
i guess it would have to be sight


p.s how many posts do i have to make before i can make a topic?
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 07:41 pm
@Ali phil,
Ali;155850 wrote:
Which sense would you miss the most if you lost it and why?

Excellent question.
May i just say welcome to the forum.

Mine would be sound or sight, but came out on the side of sound would be my biggest loss because if i were to lose my sight i could still imagine a sunset, to never hear music again would be terrible and there are many books on tape so could still read and still imagine.
Very few people can read music and hear it, but many people can hear music and see everything.
Music is my biggest aid to my imagination, it is the only thing that has atmosphere that can not be found in the other senses, maybe the touch of the vibration but music is so much more than beat or belt.
Music is the combination of all the senses, it gives vision, it makes your skin tingle and sweat, it tastes, it scents.
Yes sound would be my biggest loss, music can transport you from any prison. The rest of the senses can infact lock you harder in your cell.
You can of course always hum an internal song, but i am a great believer in the soundtrack of our lives.
You are alive as long as you can hear music.
I may talked myself out of this tomorrow as i would not be able to see another great work of art or stary sky, but i could still paint my own canvass in my mind, but i suppose the same could be said about composing a new song.
I have always wanted to learn sign, i think it is amazing.
Sight or sound, you choose for me.
But then there is alot to be said for touch as well.
I suppose all i can for sertain is that the two i would miss the least would be taste and smell and i love cooking.
I think this question highlights how privileged we are for having all five senses, but for the grace of fate we would be without.
I wonder the depths and heights those who have a sense less have come to know their remaining senses true genius genus.
I wonder what a blind mans dreams are like?
Have you ever seen the deaf give applause it is a beautiful expression we may never have seen if it weren't for those with a sense less.
Imagine what a taste sensation a deaf and blind man must have.
Imagine what it must feel like to have someone hold your hand and comb your hair.
But for the grace of God go I.
 
Ali phil
 
Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 01:26 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;156181 wrote:
Excellent question.
May i just say welcome to the forum.

Mine would be sound or sight, but came out on the side of sound would be my biggest loss because if i were to lose my sight i could still imagine a sunset, to never hear music again would be terrible and there are many books on tape so could still read and still imagine.
Very few people can read music and hear it, but many people can hear music and see everything.
Music is my biggest aid to my imagination, it is the only thing that has atmosphere that can not be found in the other senses, maybe the touch of the vibration but music is so much more than beat or belt.
Music is the combination of all the senses, it gives vision, it makes your skin tingle and sweat, it tastes, it scents.
Yes sound would be my biggest loss, music can transport you from any prison. The rest of the senses can infact lock you harder in your cell.
You can of course always hum an internal song, but i am a great believer in the soundtrack of our lives.
You are alive as long as you can hear music.
I may talked myself out of this tomorrow as i would not be able to see another great work of art or stary sky, but i could still paint my own canvass in my mind, but i suppose the same could be said about composing a new song.
I have always wanted to learn sign, i think it is amazing.
Sight or sound, you choose for me.
But then there is alot to be said for touch as well.
I suppose all i can for sertain is that the two i would miss the least would be taste and smell and i love cooking.
I think this question highlights how privileged we are for having all five senses, but for the grace of fate we would be without.
I wonder the depths and heights those who have a sense less have come to know their remaining senses true genius genus.
I wonder what a blind mans dreams are like?
Have you ever seen the deaf give applause it is a beautiful expression we may never have seen if it weren't for those with a sense less.
Imagine what a taste sensation a deaf and blind man must have.
Imagine what it must feel like to have someone hold your hand and comb your hair.
But for the grace of God go I.



That was fantastic thank you (:

There is a book called the black book of colours wich is for children and blind, is interesting.

---------- Post added 04-25-2010 at 07:34 PM ----------

yamamoto;156166 wrote:
i guess it would have to be sight


p.s how many posts do i have to make before i can make a topic?



just go to 'Forums' then to the area you would like to post about and go new thread, then post away (:

---------- Post added 04-25-2010 at 07:41 PM ----------

new thread should be around the top.
 
wayne
 
Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 02:25 am
@Ali phil,
I think I would suffer from the loss of any of my senses, the greatest loss would probably be to lose my sense of humor.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/16/2021 at 04:07:18