Regarding Ego

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:44 pm
@sometime sun,
:devilish:
sometime sun;147638 wrote:
Dict, Ego, 1 personal pride. 2 self centredness or conceit. 3 pshchol, in psychoanalysis, the part of the mind that maintains contact with the outside world, and is concerned with perception memory and reasoning.

I think it is far more important that on first reflexual flippant dismissive.
Could the Ego ever be regarded in terms befitting such an important aspect of our notarised being?
(i probably sound like a devil worshipper)Laughing

What is the Ego?

My ego is just big enough to survive this World.

Is the Ego natural?

Ego changes all the Time. It not constant. It develops over Time.
Have no Idea of Ego/babies.

Can the Ego or nature be neutralised?
(Should we try? Why?)

What is Neutral ? I see Ego as Self-defense of the Mind.

Is the Ego misrepresented misinterpreted?
(Are we being to hard on oursleves?)

What's right and or wrong with the Ego?

Does the Ego mean survival?

Does the Ego facilitate prosperity?

Would you cease if your Ego could be ended?
(Would we die with out our Ego?)

You would be locked up as an Idiot.

Is God egotistical?

Is God Ego?

What the hell is Ego?

God and Ego do not go well together. Imagion a Omni-potent Egotist... Well, allmost potent egotists enough.

Pepijn Sweep
Magister OXY:shifty:

SuddenShift

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 09:44 am
@sometime sun,
I Kinda Feel As Though Ego Now Is Not As Its Always Been. A Biiiiiig Thanks To The Television Set lol ......Ego Has Such Away Of Forming Itself Into Alot Of Mindless Things, And Probably The Number One Cause Of Misperception. This World Is Filled With So Much Insecurity And Also Conceitedness, All Part Of The Same Thing. If Anything, I Think The Ego Would Be Like.. "The Devil Energy" lol ...Now I Dont Believe In Christianity But I Can See Where Early Man Came Up With Evil

To Completely Rid Yourself Of Ego Though, I Feel Would Be To Give Up The Want To Live. For It Is Only Our Egos That Make Us Scarred Of The Unknown...or....Make Us Think We NEED To Be Here For Tomorrow. With No Ego I Think We Would Be Completely Content With Just Living In The Now And Things Like Evolving, Materials, And Possibly Even Surrviving Would Be Minute Considerations.

William

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 10:57 am
@sometime sun,
I know it's difficult to imagine one without an ego. I think we will agree the ego is a defense mechanism. A Self defense mechanism. If we give away what we think we are that leaves who we really are and if all did that we would never want for anything. This is true in so many contexts. This should be a give/give world, not a give and take one. We desire so much more than we actually need whether it be intellectual, physical or material we feel we will be losing something if we gave any of it up. We paid a price for it so we become extremely possessive.

The sad part of the ego is if anyone has nothing we can recognize they can offer we consider them little or nothing because they didn't do what we did to pay that price. So we make them our slaves and reward them little and command they be grateful for what we throw their way and we call that charity.

Let me tell you what lies behind the curtain so many do not see. When we give, those we give to truly want to compensate us for that which we gave. But we want that to be a fair trade, monetarily. Once you truly give what you don't need away to someone who has less without any thought of repayment the rewards you do received far out weight anything you can receive monetarily as it relates to heart mind and soul. It is beyond description. Even if one did try and reward you with physical, or material things you wouldn't care for it and come to know how precious little you need to truly make you "full" and fulfilled.

William

Jackofalltrades phil

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:39 pm
@sometime sun,
What is the Ego?

Ego is You, Your self. Alternatively it is, I and the me in everyone.

Is the Ego natural?

Ego is in every living being.

(Should we try? Why?)

Can't answer.

Ego should be tamed, Religion or discipline or knowledge is the path to be taken. With an intellect it is not very hard.

Ego makes us live, Ego is also the reason for our death.

Yes,

Yes and No, Individual prosperity -Yes; Societal - No.

can't answer.

Is God egotistical?

God is our alter-Ego.

Is God Ego?

God is Nature, and nature is ego.

What the hell is Ego?

Ego is our nature.

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:48 pm
@Jackofalltrades phil,
Jackofalltrades;150562 wrote:
What is the Ego?

Ego is You, Your self. Alternatively it is, I and the me in everyone.

Is the Ego natural?

Ego is in every living being.

(Should we try? Why?)

Can't answer.

Ego should be tamed, Religion or discipline or knowledge is the path to be taken. With an intellect it is not very hard.

Ego makes us live, Ego is also the reason for our death.

Yes,

Yes and No, Individual prosperity -Yes; Societal - No.

can't answer.

Is God egotistical?

God is our alter-Ego.

Is God Ego?

God is Nature, and nature is ego.

What the hell is Ego?

Ego is our nature.

High Jack would you please explain this? [Ego is also the reason for our death] Thanks:)

Reconstructo

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 03:49 pm
@sometime sun,
It seems to me that the egotist passes from inferior stages to superior stages. The young man (to focus on male ego) at first must thrive on negation. He is too young to understand the treasures of the culture he has inherited, and knows that he has not mastered them, is outside of them. Therefore to fight off the feeling of having missed out (simply by being young) (in other words inferiority), he is drawn to negations of this culture. "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." Whatever requires not much work and just plenty of attitude. That's the young man's ego.. And yet to the degree that he is educating himself, be it in Karate or post-modern etc., he will tend to invest value in exactly this pursuit, and all the sudden initiation is a necessity (for others, as he will invariably consider himself sufficiently initiated, if not quite a master). And entry into any discipline with rules and a hierarchy is already the taming of that lazy primitive egotism, that loves self for no other reason that it's one's own self. Eventually this same guy might despise all that is contingent and merely self, in the name of his true self, which is not just self at all but quite universal indeed. They say Euler was humble, and the man was a supercomputer in the flesh.

Jackofalltrades phil

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 01:03 am
@sometime sun,
Hi rl,

Good to hear from you again. I just knew that it may create a confusion, and intelligent people will certainly question it. I kept it that way since i wanted to go sleep and had no time for long sentences. Thanks for asking.

It is simple, although it may send a few into a tizzy. There is nothing biological about the cause and effect here. This Ego, is rather an extended version of the Individual Ego. It is extended into society. The Societal Ego, which derives itslef from the collective ego of individuals leads us to believe in things like patriotism, nationalism, racism, and comparisons of qualifications, overly secured feelings and self attribute of vested power. When these traits become manifest in societal action, it results in mutual destruction and decay. Therefore, death in a sense.

There are many examples for your taking, you can pick any.

Secondly, and more pertinent to the issue in hand, and since people always equate the Ego with individuals, it is to be noted that Individual Ego, manifested in psychological forms, behaviours and actions may also lead to problems in life that eventually turns fatal too, in many cases.

Therefore, the submission.

jeeprs

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 02:13 am
@sometime sun,
Do birds, bats, elephants or monkeys have ego, or only humans?

wayne

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 02:48 am
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;150758 wrote:
Do birds, bats, elephants or monkeys have ego, or only humans?

Cats sure have thier share.

jeeprs

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 03:53 am
@sometime sun,
or maybe just a piece of yours:bigsmile:

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:04:32