Cult

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:57 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;146005 wrote:
Imo Christianity is a cult. It just so happens to be a very popular one. It involves itself in child indoctrination and the spreading of false information. It tries in every turn to undermine scientific understanding and not only that but the scientific method itself. It insists the follower abandon reason and resort to a god did it stance. It sells a false hope that it can not be verified and relies heavily on the follower to accept it.

Krumple

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 01:51 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;146037 wrote:

In fact some theists actually make the claim that Disney was an attempt to indoctrinate children. Funny how the guilty becomes the accuser. In the movie dogma they play off that fallacy.

Christianity even has a commandment, not to worship other gods. It purely wants to protect it's own investment meanwhile condemning anyone outside of it's group. It doesn't matter to a Christian if a Buddhist is a good person or compassionate giver of necessities. They still condemn the Buddhist and say they are misled and hell bound.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 02:06 am
@Krumple,
:bigsmile:[COLOR=RoyalBlue wrote:
some theists actually make the claim that Disney was an attempt to indoctrinate children. Funny how the guilty becomes the accuser. In the movie dogma they play off that fallacy.

Christianity even has a commandment, not to worship other gods. It purely wants to protect it's own investment meanwhile condemning anyone outside of it's group. It doesn't matter to a Christian if a Buddhist is a good person or compassionate giver of necessities. They still condemn the Buddhist and say they are misled and hell bound.[/QUO/Krumble][/COLOR]

Nationality could then be seen as a cult...
Or Politics, regardless ideas or promises

Could the Quest for Wisdom & Knowledge become a Culture ?

VIVA SOFIA
PepI Sweep

Krumple

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 02:18 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;146055 wrote:

Could the Quest for Wisdom & Knowledge become a Culture ?

Yes. It has already begun. It is secular reasoning. That society is complex and should be allowed to move within it's own rights. The benefit of the system is that as long as you are not purposely imposing against the system then everything you do is fine. Let the community be and keep the dogma to yourself.

It is alright to believe in invisible friends. I don't care what you do, what rituals you want to perform as long as they are not causing harm to lives of the people or damaging others property or restricting their freedoms to do the same. If you want to believe in a god, that is fine by me, but it is not fine to impose those beliefs onto the society and expect them to uphold to some make believe moral code.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 02:30 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;146059 wrote:
Yes. It has already begun. It is secular reasoning. That society is complex and should be allowed to move within it's own rights. The benefit of the system is that as long as you are not purposely imposing against the system then everything you do is fine. Let the community be and keep the dogma to yourself.

It is alright to believe in invisible friends. I don't care what you do, what rituals you want to perform as long as they are not causing harm to lives of the people or damaging others property or restricting their freedoms to do the same. If you want to believe in a god, that is fine by me, but it is not fine to impose those beliefs onto the society and expect them to uphold to some make believe moral code.

I would not intentionaly harm other sentient be:ings. It's none of any-one business if I believe any-thing. It's my brain. I decide access unless physicly forced. I do not forget.

Play with imagination is Good & Creative. Not as productive as baking bread or making a pot; but OK.

sometime sun

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 11:16 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
some one told me this today, a cult is easy to get into but hard to get out of.
Does this then mean religion is easy to get out of where as a cult is not?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 11:31 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;146226 wrote:

But as far as it concerns the forum it would be easy. There is noone who wants to keep members. Well i pleaded twice to keep anew member interested.

sometime sun

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:21 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;146238 wrote:
But as far as it concerns the forum it would be easy. There is noone who wants to keep members. Well i pleaded twice to keep anew member interested.

Duty to the cause.
Do we need to brainwash new members to keep them?

PappasNick

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 04:11 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;146226 wrote:

Some religions leave one with a great sense of guilt for leaving the fold. So, no, not all religions are easy to get out of.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 04:16 pm
@PappasNick,
PappasNick;146355 wrote:
Some religions leave one with a great sense of guilt for leaving the fold. So, no, not all religions are easy to get out of.

Why Religion if you can meet on Philidelphia square wth clock...

Liberty Bell ! repaired with funding Philosopy Forum

Honor History

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:46:48