Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 03:30 pm
@wayne,
wayne;142293 wrote:
Pepijn,
How about this question.
Why are the fish not biting today?

My best guess would be confusion. Now we are in Spring with still Wintertime going on.

I used to be glad fish weren't biting because I thought it so cruel after the only fish I ever catched myself.

Kindness, Pepijn Sweep
:nonooo::shifty: are you glad with Obama's coupe ?

wayne

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 03:34 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;142317 wrote:
My best guess would be confusion. Now we are in Spring with still Wintertime going on.

I used to be glad fish weren't biting because I thought it so cruel after the only fish I ever catched myself.

Kindness, Pepijn Sweep
:nonooo::shifty: are you glad with Obama's coupe ?

I thnk it may be a start.Maybe we can build upon it.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 03:50 pm
@wayne,
wayne;142320 wrote:
I thnk it may be a start.Maybe we can build upon it.

Many people hope so. We Euro's are not that bad. Neither is USofA.

morganix

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:38 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;142135 wrote:
:bigsmile:Sorry to butt in. We had a discussion about Mnemes recently. Very interesting theory about trans-mittans of Information. One of the routes is Oral History cq. parental advice.

Pepijn Sweep's:detective:

I don't think anyone would question the importance of oral influence, especially that of a parent. I'm kinda sad I missed this mnemonic discussion. When I think of oral history though, being a fan of ancient Greek literature, I can't help but imagine myself sitting around a fire in ancient Greece while a traveling poet recieted The Iliad and The Odyssey. A form of oral history that has been lost. I tried to recreate this effect by imagining myself in just such a scenario while hiding under my bed sheets listening to the audio books. Smile

wayne;142173 wrote:
I also find that this site solves the problem of being alone in my conversation, I see that most people here have a lot of the same reasons as myself for being here. I need this sort of stimulation to develop my thoughts.

I left the explanation out in my message to my daughter, just ended the story at the part about wanting to tell dad. I think I wanted to plant a seed, who knows , maybe someday her experience will bring her to a memory of that story and she will repeat the process. Can you imagine my great,great etc.grandchild hearing a similar tale? I felt more connected to the past and future. It just seemed like the proper thing to do. Odd?

I recently gave somebody the advice to write out their feelings about something that was depressing them, as if they were explaining it to somebody else. I fiend the best way to organize your thoughts is to write them out instead of dwelling on feelings and emotions. It helps guide you to a deeper understanding of the not only the problem but the solution as well. I quickly realized I had lost this ability myself. That's why I'm here, to clarify my own thoughts and feelings and to learn from others.

I see what you're saying. You are probably right, I'm sure at one point or another a similar situation will arise for her, but hopefully you'll be there for her to tell. If not, maybe she'll tell her child. I like the concept of planting seeds. I remember always planting three together to make sure that at least one would grow. Might be something to take into consideration...

wayne

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 12:26 am
@wayne,
I too like the idea of the traveling poet, the american indians had a similar system for passing lore and wisdom on to their children. They felt a strong connection to their ancestors too. We use books and other media to do this in our present society but I think it leaves too much room for entire genetic pools to slip through the cracks, too many persons simply spend their time listening to Beavis & Butthead and fail to seek out a more substantial meal. On the upside ,much broader perspective is available to those of us willing to seek it out.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 12:49 am
@wayne,
wayne;142475 wrote:
I too like the idea of the traveling poet, the american indians had a similar system for passing lore and wisdom on to their children. They felt a strong connection to their ancestors too. We use books and other media to do this in our present society but I think it leaves too much room for entire genetic pools to slip through the cracks, too many persons simply spend their time listening to Beavis & Butthead and fail to seek out a more substantial meal. On the upside ,much broader perspective is available to those of us willing to seek it out.

wayne

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 01:26 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;142476 wrote:
Who wants a broader view ? Information amount grows; quality is lower than cent. ago. I collected boox over the years and the key to learning is research. Now the only sources are Wicki, YouTube and Google. Rather limited.

I seldom go to funerals; start going soon. Family-members are getting older & funerals are our meets now-a-days. We went to Church in a Dutch Reformed one, moved back to the Old Curch and renamed it to General Protest. Netherlands; or somethink

My mothers ceremonie was sweet. I was sure she did not care a'bout Orchids, but who am I to contra-dict mw Father ? No priests, we're all lay-men of X. My Mothers family was sitting in the opposite row from my point of few. Three people had to cover my Father from my Anger.

This summer We (me & boyfriend) go to Spain, NW. To costa del Morte where the Gailic people went (Tolkien), to Santiago de Compostella and to put a nice plaque for my friend/mother-in-law. She died 5 years Ago/Tsunami-Day.

GI/GO > trash in, trash out
I am afraid western culture is nomore

Exc. To Spill my Heart,
Greetings to your family

Pepijn Sweep

Brings to mind academic vs layman, knowledge for knowledge for knowledge sake little use. Better to have little knowledge put to good use.

I am often angry with god for burdens, then I am spoiled child, wake up soon to count blessings

Good friends are most important, learning to accept is hard , learning to be accepted harder still. :BRB: Surprised

My country has great freedom ,and we are spoiled children

Kansas is perfect heaven, far far from troubles, only petty spoiled children.

Love each other, accept, only share.

Sharing we are doing , like, like, like Very Happy

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 02:53 am
@wayne,
wayne;142480 wrote:
Brings to mind academic vs layman, knowledge for knowledge for knowledge sake little use. Better to have little knowledge put to good use.

I am often angry with god for burdens, then I am spoiled child, wake up soon to count blessings

Good friends are most important, learning to accept is hard , learning to be accepted harder still. Surprised

My country has great freedom ,and we are spoiled children

Kansas is perfect heaven, far far from troubles, only petty spoiled children.

Love each other, accept, only share.

Sharing we are doing , like, like, like Very Happy

[CENTER]I would love to visit a place like Kansas again. Peacefull. My life is more turbulent. I am fighting effects of manic-dis-order; bi-polair according to a me foreign book DSM revised version X.
No progress in treatment last ten Years. Last year I charged up to a Hypo-manic state like 4 Times. Very stress-full for every-one.

I am a good professional/entrepreneur but can not work like this. So kill Time with Philosophy.

I do except Faith, I am not cross with god, want to do my own thing. I think it's more honorably to correct your mistakes than make none at all by avoiding any Act.

Glad U feel positively a Democrat. I would call myself a capitalistic Humanistic & Spiritual Social Demo-Craat...

You would like stories a'bout our local customs ? VAT hits the roof with 19%, food etc. only taxed add 6%. That's after Income taxes which vary between 1/3 & 1/2 your income. Then of course taxes on gas, sigarettes, properties, valuables, inheritance's not received, health-insurence and on top of VAT on electricty and cooking-gas we pay for the Enviroment extra taxes.

I am yust convinced we trade-partners of US are helping to hard to keep little Paradizes like Kansas and the USA keeps Western-Europe hostage in the NATO. Why it is still there with the Sov-Jets gone ? Was it all about the prefered System, not as much about the Commonners ? I feel cheated... My own fault.

With best R, Pepijn Sweep
:shifty:

[/CENTER]

wayne

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 03:10 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;142488 wrote:
[CENTER]I would love to visit a place like Kansas again. Peacefull. My life is more turbulent. I am fighting effects of manic-dis-order; bi-polair according to a me foreign book DSM revised version X.

No progress in treatment last ten Years. Last year I charged up to a Hypo-manic state like 4 Times. Very stress-full for every-one.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]I am a good professional/entrepreneur but can not work like this. So kill Time with Philosophy.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]I do except Faith, I am not cross with god, want to do my own thing. I think it's more honorably to correct your mistakes than make none at all by avoiding any Act.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Glad U feel positively a Democrat. I would call myself a capitalistic Humanistic & Spiritual Social Demo-Craat...[/CENTER]

[CENTER]You would like stories a'bout our local customs ? VAT hits the roof with 19%, food etc. only taxed add 6%. That's after Income taxes which vary between 1/3 & 1/2 your income. Then of course taxes on gas, sigarettes, properties, valuables, inheritance's not received, health-insurence and on top of VAT on electricty and cooking-gas we pay for the Enviroment extra taxes.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]I am yust convinced we trade-partners of US are helping to hard to keep little Paradizes like Kansas and the USA keeps Western-Europe hostage in the NATO. Why it is still there with the Sov-Jets gone ? Was it all about the prefered System, not as much about the Commonners ? I feel cheated... My own fault.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]With best R, Pepijn Sweep
:shifty:[/CENTER]

Iam also manic-depressed, very bad at times.
I hate the depressions the most, I am eiyore at times. Is difficult to maintain any rythym or routine, at the mercy of feelings much of the time.

I kill time ,philosophy and fishing. I am accepted by friends and am learning to trust right people. This helps.

Have plenty food ,fish to catch , animals to see, flowers I love ,comfortable chair, wonderful daughter,paths to walk much much much, only be grateful. I tell myself

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 03:42 am
@wayne,
wayne;142489 wrote:
Iam also manic-depressed, very bad at times.
I hate the depressions the most, I am eiyore at times. Is difficult to maintain any rythym or routine, at the mercy of feelings much of the time.

I kill time ,philosophy and fishing. I am accepted by friends and am learning to trust right people. This helps.

Have plenty food ,fish to catch , animals to see, flowers I love ,comfortable chair, wonderful daughter,paths to walk much much much, only be grateful. I tell myself

For me it wasn't a big suprise. In highschool i realized that i would have a good change of this dNA mutation. Both sides of the Families are Menthally different. The few which do not face it shun US like the pest we would say.

I all-ready got a clue. Well, U could have been on Meth... No serious, you'r quick to the point and interesting. Goog quick mood. I love more nature now. Petty my pet died with X-mas (boycot it now) so no more strolls (I do not walk alone to avoid rare things).

I developped some pre-vision. I am not a prophet so I am slowly building up capital again. My boyfriend (Spanish) works hard, I do the Housekeeping. In the end even a tomato can be an investment. Just reducing the numbres. Even ina Hypomane state I am good in my fields. With the credit-crunch I made a profit. Not much, but 5% monthly. Sorry 10%.

With my income it doesn't make me rich, but I still made the best decission I could. I am not afraid, I do not often roll the dices.

Student Mr Pepijn Sweep's MD & pHD:devilish: (just liked Red)Laughing

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 12:32:03