Artist group

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Arjuna

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 07:28 am
Anybody interested in an artist group where we could share inspirations and what we're working on?

Krumple

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 07:37 am
@Arjuna,
Arjuna;130991 wrote:
Anybody interested in an artist group where we could share inspirations and what we're working on?

Sure, yeah that sounds like a great idea.

melonkali

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:22 am
@Arjuna,
Do you mean "visual art", painting, or all of the "arts"?

Arjuna

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:54 am
@melonkali,
melonkali;131025 wrote:
Do you mean "visual art", painting, or all of the "arts"?
I'm thinking any kind of art that we members do. There have been folks presenting their literary stuff already. What do you think?

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 11:07 am
@Arjuna,
I'm down, only learning to paint and whatnot though

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 11:57 am
@GoshisDead,
I think some of the best artists were cooks; but how the present flavours and texture on the Forum?

I could get a picture of my tulips, grown at home!:whoa-dude:

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:07 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pep:
I can always use a good new recipe to try

sometime sun

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 01:24 pm
@GoshisDead,
Maybe we could choose a media and we all go away and try and do that, take pictuers and we all vote on who the winner is.
One month we could do charcoal, the next papiermache, the next caligraphy, the next photograhy and if we are including literary media, perhaps we could specify the type of poem of short story or lymeric. I would love to take up my needle point again,
art is natural reflex, no one is bad at moving.
The only bad artist are those who do not create any.
Either any way i am in.

---------- Post added 02-22-2010 at 07:31 PM ----------

Pepijn Sweep;131062 wrote:
I think some of the best artists were cooks; but how the present flavours and texture on the Forum?

I could get a picture of my tulips, grown at home!:whoa-dude:

I think a food guide and recipe corner would be a great idea, i make the best oat fruit sunflower seed cookies known to man.
And my brownies are so stodgy and thick i have to limit myself from making them, they are best when eaten straight from the freezer.
Any wine buffs could tell us the best tipple to have with the recipe.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 01:57 pm
@GoshisDead,
I'll have to use European measures... Metric

I do have some American magazines!

---------- Post added 02-22-2010 at 01:05 PM ----------

sometime sun;131091 wrote:

I think a food guide and recipe corner would be a great idea, i make the best oat fruit sunflower seed cookies known to man.
And my brownies are so stodgy and thick i have to limit myself from making them, they are best when eaten straight from the freezer.
Any wine buffs could tell us the best tipple to have with the recipe.

I can't get the webcam working to show you my tulips; 3 yellow and 1 pink.

Yes! Let's start a corner for healthy good food. I love regional kitchen, esp. Spanish and Italian. Sicilian...:Glasses:

mister kitten

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 03:33 pm
@Arjuna,
I'm interested!!!!!!!!!

Arjuna

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 04:48 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;131105 wrote:
I'll have to use European measures... Metric

I do have some American magazines!

---------- Post added 02-22-2010 at 01:05 PM ----------

I can't get the webcam working to show you my tulips; 3 yellow and 1 pink.

Yes! Let's start a corner for healthy good food. I love regional kitchen, esp. Spanish and Italian. Sicilian...:Glasses:
Art Food and Bulbs. Now that's philosophy!

3k1yp2

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 06:52 pm
@Arjuna,
Im a painter/sculptor/poet. I would totally be interested in talking about art stuff. GREAT idea, im in Smile

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 06:54 pm
@3k1yp2,
Oh 3k1 that's intimidating, people with actual talent in a group. Now I'm sorta scared.

mister kitten

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:52 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;132573 wrote:
Oh 3k1 that's intimidating, people with actual talent in a group. Now I'm sorta scared.

Put up some walls; doing so always helps.

e.g. :brickwall:

Krumple

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 10:41 pm
@Arjuna,
oh yeah by the way, what's art again?

sometime sun

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 07:58 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;132660 wrote:
oh yeah by the way, what's art again?

Expression,

I really hope this happens, got some new charcoal pencils today that i dont want to use as back scratchers.

Bad art is better than none at all.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:34 am
@Arjuna,
Arjuna;131185 wrote:
Art Food and Bulbs. Now that's philosophy!

How to cook a Philosopher (Filosoof in Frisian)

300 gram cooked meat
1 onion
50 gram butter
4 deciliter stock
750 gram boiled potatoes
1 1/2 deciliter milk
seasoning with salt, freshsly ground pepper and grated nutmeg

breadcrumbs & butter

Dice the meat. Peel and chop the onion. Heat half the butter and sautee the onion. Add the meat with the stock and gently heat. Thicken the cooking liquid with a smooth paste of (corn)flour and water. Season to taste.

Smoothly mash the potatoes with the rest of the butter and milk and season with the pepper, salt & nutmeg. Grease an ovenproof dish, spread half of the mashed potatoes on the bottom, spoon over the meat and cover with the remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and dot with butter. Bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven of 175 C for about 40 minutes till crust is golden.

Arjuna

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:29 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Is philosopher red meat? Is it bettter rare or well-done?

If you go to "Community" on the blue menu, the art group will appear among the new groups, (the icon is tiny right now, some sort of technical difficulty)

Please share thoughts and pictures.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 12:47 pm
@Arjuna,
Was worried i mis-mailed my recipe. The beef goes as you like, but if you first fry it it is more tasty. i enjoyed the respons and talked about it with a friend at Facebook.

The pink tulip died. Three yellows to go, but new one's are growing on the balcony ! I saved the petals for later...Laughing

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:47 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
I couldn't find the supposed artists group so I'm posting here. This started as a project to get the feel of using sandpaper as part of the painting process. and ended as something that really upset me when I looked at it. And that is the reason for the circle made with my dremel tool, I suppose to impose a little order. But all in all its 12 layers of acrylic with sandings between all ofhttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4406880695_7833826d4c.jpg them with a final sanding with the dremel over top.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 02:12:39