Tattoo

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

NecromanticSin

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 04:31 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;122228 wrote:
Are your tattoos to be shown or are they yours alone, in which case if they are all your and nothing elses why would you put them on a part of the body for the world to admire.

well,making the choice to have half sleves and possiblity both half of my legs and feet covered,i take on the responibility of who sees them. As i can wear long sleve shirt,or pants. I also do not only pick my tattoos for what they are, but for where i put them on my body. I already have a pretty good idea of all the parts of my body that i would like to have tattoos,and the parts i don't.

I love tattoo art also, i think the whole medium is under-rated, just because most peoples imagination is predicatble does not make all the art work.
Just research the artist and make sure that what they do is all yours, and if need be pay that little bit more for something that you will have always.

Agreed.

If you believe in any kind of eternity, any kind of eternal body and your being, will this eternal body have the art you have put on it in life?
Can angels and spirits have tattoos?

I am ok and comfortable with saying that I do not know if i think there is an after life, if there are spirits angels or demons, heaven or hell, or if our bodies are eternal,beacuse noone TRULY knows. These are just beliefs,that make me uncomfortable. I think we're giving this life from day one to day over, thats it. I think the foot prints we leave, like the things we do for the world and the people around us, the memories we create with people we're involved with, and growing our families is the only eternal thing about us. Our existence beyond life can be carried by the things we do while we are alive.

i also do not think i'll regret any of the tattoos i ever pick.

if i rambled and make no sense,i'm sorry. hehe. :shocked:

sometime sun

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 04:56 pm
@NecromanticSin,
If it was legal would you have your skin and art work taken from you after death to be preserved in this the real world, make a nice skin-lamp or hide-pillow?
he he:shocked:

Sam I Am phil

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 05:37 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;122243 wrote:
If it was legal would you have your skin and art work taken from you after death to be preserved in this the real world, make a nice skin-lamp or hide-pillow?
he he:shocked:

Haha no I think one of the greatest things about tattoo art is the organic quality, that its lifetime is by nature limited. Sculptor Andy Goldsworthy uses a similar concept. All his art is done in nature and is nature limited in how long it can last.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 05:49 pm
@Sam I Am phil,
Sam I Am;122261 wrote:
Haha no I think one of the greatest things about tattoo art is the organic quality, that its lifetime is by nature limited. Sculptor Andy Goldsworthy uses a similar concept. All his art is done in nature and is nature limited in how long it can last.

It only lasts for a life time, it is only ever worn by you, i like that.
I know that guy, he is the one who goes among the treees and creates builds those almost webs made from willow and birch with the center hold window that will capture the sun. The wind can take it all.
Mud on a window sort of thing.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 12:02 pm
@sometime sun,
Aedes;121975 wrote:
Yeah, or maybe O-Z-Z-Y on my fingers.

Lol, I'd prefer "LOVE" on one hand and "HATE" on the other.

Funny, though, my real name has ten letters. I once thought of getting my name on my toes, just for the hell of it. They'd almost never show, and it sure would be a great laugh... for being far too wasted on the beach and needing to remember your name, for example.

G-Thomson

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 12:48 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;122437 wrote:
it sure would be a great laugh... for being far too wasted on the beach and needing to remember your name, for example.

It happens to people more often than you think! :bigsmile:

AdventavitAsinus

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 01:30 pm
@G-Thomson,
I have one on either of my arms:

The left arm reading, From the Nag Hammadi Library, "I am disgraced, and I am the great one"

The right arm reading, From Goethe's Faust, "Eritis Sicut Deus, Scientes Bonum et Malum

I also have a piece done by Takashi Murakami, 727 across my back however, thats just because I think it looks good,

EDIT: I'm also planning on getting the Sacred Chao of the Principia Discordia on my left shoulder.. Yes..

-Alexander Eliot

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:40:38