Tattoo

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 03:18 pm
(Done before i see but shall refresh)

Thinking of getting a tattoo.?

What would you get if you could put up with the mutilation?

Unless you already have one, in which case take a picture and post it in your profile, or for us who dont have cameras and are without this vital sight describe it for us. (got to get a camera)

I wont ask if it was painful because we all have our own boundaries and thresh-holds, but if someone could describe the pain this i would be interested in.

It may be common but i would have lots and lots of feathers, a feathered thing perhaps, but i would want to be the thing so just feathers no creature, or at the least two particular feathers going from the crook of my elbow with the quills resting in the palm of each hand.

What tattoo ideas have you had that if brave or stupid enough would you get?

3k1yp2

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 03:25 pm
@sometime sun,
i was with this girl who had a long, epic dragon tattoo that stretched from her wrist down to the ankle of her opposite foot, that was super sexy to me at least...

fast

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 03:28 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;121347 wrote:
Thinking of getting a tattoo.?
Never have; never will. It's just not me.

Quote:
What tattoo ideas have you had that if brave or stupid enough would you get?
Dragon and tiger

G-Thomson

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 03:58 pm
@fast,
I don't know if I would get one, but it certainly wouldn't be a big one.
It would most likely be something really small in a place easily covered by clothes.
Maybe some sort of phrase I like, but not in those big fancy letters that look like something from the medieval times.
It would be something comical or thought provoking. A phrase from a Monty Python sketch, a comical image, something just plain odd. I wouldn't want my name or anyone elses name that I know.

Haha, maybe just some abstract shape that has no significance to anyone.

Pyrrho

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 04:37 pm
@sometime sun,
I would never get a tattoo. But if I were considering a tattoo, I would think about a couple of things:

Most tattoos look like they were done by a 12 year old of ordinary artistic talent. If you are going to get such a long lasting thing, that is difficult to get rid of, you should research the matter, and find someone for whom the phrase "tattoo artist" is not simply a joke. I remember talking with someone who had a tattoo on his arm, and people asked him about it. He said he got it because he liked having a work of art with him all of the time. He researched the matter, and found someone who could do a good job, and he paid several hundred for it (price does not determine quality, but an especially cheap job is likely to not be so good). That was a number of years ago; if prices have gone up with inflation, it would probably be a couple of thousand now. Anyway, his tatoo was truly a work of art, and it was beautiful in its way. But even so, I would not want one, but at least he was not an idiot who had his body scarred by a talentless hack. Unfortunately, most people with tattoos do not show such foresight, and end up with exceedingly ugly scars on their bodies.

Tattoos do not stay the same over time, though how much they alter varies from person to person, as well as being somewhat dependent upon where on the body it is. This should be remembered when getting one.

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:16 pm
@sometime sun,
I would have to hire a master tattoo artist to accomplish this, but I would
get a full face tattoo that was an exact duplicate of my own face.
Then when I told someone I got a tattoo and they asked where,
I could say, "you're looking at it."

sometime sun

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:21 pm
@G-Thomson,
G-Thomson;121370 wrote:
I don't know if I would get one, but it certainly wouldn't be a big one.
It would most likely be something really small in a place easily covered by clothes.
Maybe some sort of phrase I like, but not in those big fancy letters that look like something from the medieval times.
It would be something comical or thought provoking. A phrase from a Monty Python sketch, a comical image, something just plain odd. I wouldn't want my name or anyone elses name that I know.

Haha, maybe just some abstract shape that has no significance to anyone.

Yes i dont understand people who get a language they cant read and express with imprisoned within their bodies, why? if it is not the language that you create with.

---------- Post added 01-21-2010 at 12:28 AM ----------

TickTockMan;121397 wrote:
I would have to hire a master tattoo artist to accomplish this, but I would
get a full face tattoo that was an exact duplicate of my own face.
Then when I told someone I got a tattoo and they asked where,
I could say, "you're looking at it."

Shave your head i presume and have it behind you so no-one could sneak up on you.Smile

3k1yp2

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 10:58 pm
@sometime sun,
if i got a tattoo, i would design it myself. im an artist, and i like the designs i make (naturally) so i would just have to find someone who knows how to replicate. i probably wouldn't get one because i intend to join FBI, and body art is frowned upon...it will probably be on impulse, but if i all of a sudden want a tattoo, ill draw the design first.

Sam I Am phil

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 07:14 pm
@3k1yp2,
Atleast in America, tattoo art is one of the last things an employer can segregate you for. That being said, I intend to get a tattoo myself. Something small but meaningful.

sometime sun

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 07:17 pm
@Sam I Am phil,
Sam I Am;121888 wrote:
Atleast in America, tattoo art is one of the last things an employer can segregate you for. That being said, I intend to get a tattoo myself. Something small but meaningful.

Have you decided upon placement upon in your body?
Where will it go?

Sam I Am phil

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 07:35 pm
@sometime sun,
I've always favored the underside of the wrist. I think its subtle enough that it can be covered by a sleeve but not hidden. A hidden tattoo to me always seems a little odd.

sometime sun

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 07:56 pm
@Sam I Am phil,
Sam I Am;121897 wrote:
I've always favored the underside of the wrist. I think its subtle enough that it can be covered by a sleeve but not hidden. A hidden tattoo to me always seems a little odd.

Agreed, however people do things that they dont want the entire world knowing about, even creative things can be better for the secret they are conceived of, held not given, especially to the creator, our tattoos are rarely anyone elses, and if you tell the artist before you tell the story of you it seldoms is your tattooo.

Sam I Am phil

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 08:20 pm
@sometime sun,
Good point. For me, a good tattoo has enough ambiguity to it that its always hidden in some sense.

Aedes

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 08:52 pm
@sometime sun,
If I were ever so inclined, I'd get some obscure word tattooed in Japanese or Chinese characters, because it's so cool and it's never been done before.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 04:30 am
@Aedes,
Or maybe an awesome "tribal" band around the arm.... or barbed wire! Though, I've always thought of getting a butterfly on my ankle... yes, that would be unique. Indeed.

salima

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 07:56 am
@sometime sun,
actually i always wanted a tatoo, but was afraid to go to those places because there werent any near where i lived. nowadays it is more common. i wanted it done on my left shoulder (which is always covered) not too big, a heart with wings and the crescent moon and a little star. i used to carry a picture of it around with me for years and years just in cas i ever found myself in a really great tatoo parlor...but somehow it doesnt seem to matter any more. i think i wouldnt have told anyone, but when i died there it would be and everyone would realize there were things they didnt know about me. not that i was doing it for other people-but it just occurred to me that it would happen that way. unless i was in a coma when it was discovered and then woke up and had to explain myself...

Aedes

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 09:05 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;121952 wrote:
Or maybe an awesome "tribal" band around the arm.... or barbed wire! Though, I've always thought of getting a butterfly on my ankle... yes, that would be unique. Indeed.
Yeah, or maybe O-Z-Z-Y on my fingers.

sometime sun

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 09:46 pm
@Sam I Am phil,
Sam I Am;121904 wrote:
Good point. For me, a good tattoo has enough ambiguity to it that its always hidden in some sense.

Does this mean that we must always hide something, keep something of ourselves form the world so as to make it ours alone, if so is there anything one can own and keep away from the world? Not a part of the world just a part of me? Mine all mine nothinfg elses? Does the world own all of me? cant i just keep a small part just for myself, just for me and no one, nothing else can have all of me, just for me?
Can we ever even keep secrets from the world that holds all and knows how all comes and all goes?

NecromanticSin

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 03:56 pm
@sometime sun,
I have 4 tattoos, one above my elbow on each arm, mirror image of a record label i've listen to,and been apart of my life since i can remember and holds a lot of meaning to me. Others would have some negative things to say...so not that i care,i just don't wanna hear it so i won't say what they are.
also, i have two on each side of my legs. the beginning of filling up both my legs with art work from a cartoon,and comic by the same guy. Which one will be colorful,the other just black and white.
I need to be symmetrical with my tattoos. sort of like a butterfly. Also my half sleve ideas for my arms are going to a ying-yang sort of idea. i mean,i can go on forever about this beacuse i plan to have many tattoos.

i have had 24 piercings and i'm only 20. so i like pain,so i can't really say much about the pain besides that, its only annoying beacuse tattoos take a while. so it feels like a scratch happening to your skin.
It also depends on where you get it sometimes,i've been told.

i support tattoos. Any kind. I think when people get them, at those times or beacuse of a experience, it has meaning and our bodies being ours, we should be able to record memories in any way we see fit. :whistling:

sometime sun

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 04:16 pm
@NecromanticSin,
NecromanticSin;122209 wrote:
I have 4 tattoos, one above my elbow on each arm, mirror image of a record label i've listen to,and been apart of my life since i can remember and holds a lot of meaning to me. Others would have some negative things to say...so not that i care,i just don't wanna hear it so i won't say what they are.
also, i have two on each side of my legs. the beginning of filling up both my legs with art work from a cartoon,and comic by the same guy. Which one will be colorful,the other just black and white.
I need to be symmetrical with my tattoos. sort of like a butterfly. Also my half sleve ideas for my arms are going to a ying-yang sort of idea. i mean,i can go on forever about this beacuse i plan to have many tattoos.

i have had 24 piercings and i'm only 20. so i like pain,so i can't really say much about the pain besides that, its only annoying beacuse tattoos take a while. so it feels like a scratch happening to your skin.
It also depends on where you get it sometimes,i've been told.

i support tattoos. Any kind. I think when people get them, at those times or beacuse of a experience, it has meaning and our bodies being ours, we should be able to record memories in any way we see fit. :whistling:

Are your tattoos to be shown or are they yours alone, in which case if they are all your and nothing elses why would you put them on a part of the body for the world to admire.
I love tattoo art also, i think the whole medium is under-rated, just because most peoples imagination is predicatble does not make all the art work.
Just research the artist and make sure that what they do is all yours, and if need be pay that little bit more for something that you will have always.
If you believe in any kind of eternity, any kind of eternal body and your being, will this eternal body have the art you have put on it in life?
Can angels and spirits have tattoos?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:12:23