What is the ultimate question with man?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

kennethamy

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 07:33 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;109027 wrote:
You can never say that you existed tomorrow. Tomorrow is that always fleeting moment that never arrives. As soon as it appears it will, it is today.

I would think that to say that you existed tomorrow is bad grammar, since "existed" is in the past tense, and "tomorrow" designates the future. Yesterday's tomorrow arrived today. Here it is! Today!

Philosophy seems to make some people forget how to speak.

Reconstructo

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 11:03 pm
@kennethamy,
But new ways of speaking are what philosophers have to offer us.

kennethamy

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 11:05 pm
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;109090 wrote:
But new ways of speaking are what philosophers have to offer us.

That was an ungrammatical way of speaking. I don't have to go to philosophers to hear that.

Reconstructo

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 11:06 pm
@sometime sun,
Sorry, Mom. I will pray to Grammar and tell him I'm sorry. And on top of that, I disagree. Sure it's a sentence phrase, but so what?

kennethamy

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 11:10 pm
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;109093 wrote:
Sorry, Mom. I will pray to Grammar and tell him I'm sorry. And on top of that, I disagree. Sure it's a sentence phrase, but so what?

The wrong tense is used, as I already pointed out. See #21

Reconstructo

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 11:11 pm
@sometime sun,
I thought you were attacking my grammar. Sorry!

Fido

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 09:51 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;109027 wrote:
You can never say that you existed tomorrow. Tomorrow is that always fleeting moment that never arrives. As soon as it appears it will, it is today.

You can say tomorrow that you existed today... The closest proof that we exist is our memory of existence...It isn't all that obvious...There is no objective proof that we exist, and our hold on existence is tenuous...Through our forms, through our relationships we are reminded that we are some one to some one, and we are helped to survive today, and to live into tomorrow...Whether you call it food, or medicine the ultimate question is one of survival...

fast

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 10:14 pm
@sometime sun,
Gee, I was going to say, "what's for supper," but it looks like it's already been mentioned.

Reconstructo

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:00 am
@sometime sun,
Does she put out?

Fido

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 06:22 am
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;109512 wrote:
Does she put out?

If that is the question, your need for an answer is balanced by the desire to get your face slappped...

Reconstructo

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 02:44 pm
@sometime sun,
Fido, you know I'm joking. I'm happily married and value monogamy. But my joke followed a joke about food. I thought I would complete the cynical picture, reducing man to his belly and his gonads.

Deckard

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:46 am
@Reconstructo,
The ultimate question for man is: "What is the ultimate question for man?" :sarcastic:

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:33:57