What is the ultimate question with man?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What is the ultimate question with man?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 10:08 pm
I have put this here so you can answer without confinement as to where we must sub-catergorise eveything.
The question is open,
even if i have an answer that is apparently based solely in morality.

My answer although it was given before i received it; Man means human by the way.
Is morality in man more important than personalist, preservationalist power?
Can man give freely and genuinely to the other as he would his self? Why not?
If so why does another more isolated meaningless influence win over? Or does it have meaning i just dont see?
Why does man not believe in rooted morality as the imperative to any other?
Why is free consent of morality so hard to find, use and ignore from man to man?
Why can man not accept ethical morality when it comes to all others who exist yet knows it is real for he will insist upon it when he is in need of the treatment enlistment?
Can I give myself to be myself? Can I be myself by giving myself?

Fido

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 10:34 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;108461 wrote:
I have put this here so you can answer without confinement as to where we must sub-catergorise eveything.
The question is open,
even if i have an answer that is apparently based solely in morality.

My answer although it was given before i received it; Man means human by the way.
Is morality in man more important than personalist, preservationalist power?
Can man give freely and genuinely to the other as he would his self? Why not?
If so why does another more isolated meaningless influence win over? Or does it have meaning i just dont see?
Why does man not believe in rooted morality as the imperative to any other?
Why is free consent of morality so hard to find, use and ignore from man to man?
Why can man not accept ethical morality when it comes to all others who exist yet knows it is real for he will insist upon it when he is in need of the treatment enlistment?
Can I give myself to be myself? Can I be myself by giving myself?

The ultimate question is how can we be realized, because only by surviving today can we say we existed tomorrow...

sometime sun

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 10:58 pm
@Fido,
Fido;
The saying being the only realization of self alone or by participant other than just self listening?
Or would it have to do with believing, by letting others hear you or listening toward someone else conviction/existance?

midas77

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:31 am
@sometime sun,
For the Ultimate Question I will bow to Martin Heidegger's Fundamental question, "Why is there Being, rather than Nothing?"

kennethamy

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:34 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;108461 wrote:

Why do you suppose there is one?

sometime sun

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 05:35 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;108485 wrote:

Because there is only One answer.

There just has gotta, to be.

kennethamy

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 08:19 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;108503 wrote:
Because there is only One answer.

There just has gotta, to be.

Those two "replies" you just gave me are not very helpful. I am sure you realize that.

---------- Post added 12-06-2009 at 09:22 AM ----------

midas77;108483 wrote:
For the Ultimate Question I will bow to Martin Heidegger's Fundamental question, "Why is there Being, rather than Nothing?"

Well, Heidegger got there late. Leibniz already asked that question in the 18th century. In so far as it is a sensible question at all.

Arjuna

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 01:51 pm
@kennethamy,
The ultimate question.

My thought: each question that can be asked is a facet of the diamond-like ultimate question.

Dwelling with the unanswered question is like floating in mid air.... abiding between birth and death.

kennethamy

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 01:57 pm
@Arjuna,
Arjuna;108566 wrote:
The ultimate question.

My thought: each question that can be asked is a facet of the diamond-like ultimate question.

Even, should we have Mu Chu Pork, or Moo Goo Gai Pan?

prothero

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:11 pm
@sometime sun,
is the universe blind indifference, accidental and without purpose?
You have to decide about the universe before you can determine mans place in it.

Zetherin

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:12 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;108567 wrote:

Well, I guess one could say that was the ultimate question in regards to what's for dinner!

Arjuna

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:30 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;108567 wrote:
Definitely. I grant that 1000 years from now, not many people will realize how pivotal this choice was in the formation of their world. The Devil is in the details.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:49 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;108485 wrote:

Realization is a funny thing you seldom achieve it without an answer.

Why do I suppose that there is an ultimate question with man?

A harder question to answer than on first inspection, even though we ask to answer, even though for us 'to be' is to ask th elusive question.

Suppose; 1 to consider likely or probable, to regard as certain or probable 2 to treat (a possibility) as as fact for the purposes of forming an argument or plan. 3 said of a theory, to require (a factor or assumption) to be true in order to be itself valid, Latin 'supponere', to substitute.
Ultimate;last or final 2 most important, greatest possible 3 fundamental basis 4 best, most advanced From Latin 'ultimus' last.
Question; 2 a doubtor, query 3 an uncertaintly 4 a problem or difficulty 5 a problem set for discussion or solution 6 an investigation or search for information 8 an issueon which something is dependent.
Man; 2 human beings as a whole, the human race.

Not knowing makes us, makes being, difficult.
What is uncertainty but knowing something/anything is missing, knowing we dont know something?
We need to know to make ourselfs valid. STRONG.

We try to consider/prove something we dont already know/regard as certain, and the ultimate would be the final or first thing we will ever need to answer, ourselves, but in order to know the something most fundamental (the we), we need to know what the uncertainty or doubt that needs to be found out and solved is. we need to know the what.
Trust is the issue.
Trust by knowing we are asking and getting the full explanation truth.

Do we need to ask for truth in order to know it?
We may be living the answer, we may already know it but dont know we know it, but unless we know there/where the issue is we cant ever truthfuly and fully know and trust ourselves, know truth, know importance.
We must ask in order to know what we dont have, even if we have what we know we are looking for, at least we have the search.

Can we have it (being, anything)if we dont know what it (being, anything) is?

To be human is to not know, to have doubt, we are trying to become more than human by broadening our understandings our horizons. By becoming.

And we are trying to be God somehow, to live happily ever eternity and we cant do this unless we know how, who, what, where, when, was, will, why.

I dont feel i have lived up to answering what you asked because i feel i am missing a point you are trying to make, but will continue at least now asking myself, until i find solution, a solution that I would gladly share if I am ever to find it out. This is what questions do, they ask the asker to ask, to find truth in of themselves so they unbderstand/recognise the truth when it comes or is found. Realsiation, awake, aware. Ready willing and able.

Question formulation of what needs to be known.
Needs to be.
And there is always more to know, (or as i may be hinting that it is the simplest thing not known to all man) or in this case the one thing that always precedes, concludes all reason. Reasons for knowing, asking, answering.
The one thing, the one question that at leasts asks and can answer everything/anything, world, self, God.
Rest forever. Peace, fulfillment (though all is of God, it is not necessarly with God).
We wont need to doubt anymore, we will, or i will be God for lack of the doubt.
And i think by now you know, even if i dont know for sure the question that needs to be asked.
I know the answer lies with the One first final truth and trust, it is at least there to be found.

So kennethamy what is your 'the' question that has brought you closest to your ultimate truth?

---------- Post added 12-06-2009 at 08:57 PM ----------

Arjuna;108566 wrote:
The ultimate question.

Dwelling with the unanswered question is like floating in mid air.... abiding between birth and death.

The entire universe is that diamond with an elemental coar of a question?
What is that question that is our very creation and reason?
Maybe not even the diamond, the reason behind the substance of the gem.
But we are talking about man, and man is (self) made substance.

---------- Post added 12-06-2009 at 09:04 PM ----------

prothero;108570 wrote:
is the universe blind indifference, accidental and without purpose?
You have to decide about the universe before you can determine mans place in it.

Indifference is still a state, is still a consciousness?

Same as your question;
Is the universe sight reason (the reason for seeing), intentional and with purpose?

Fido

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:08 pm
@midas77,
midas77;108483 wrote:

As if anyone can answer that... Being a Catholic it is possible he had proof without evidence, but for most of us, that will not do...

prothero

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:15 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;108576 wrote:
Indifference is still a state, is still a consciousness?
I suppose one could postulate the universe is completely indifferent consciousness (still without aims, intents or purposes) but I fail to see how that would help the human condition?

Same as your question;
Is the universe sight reason (the reason for seeing), intentional and with purpose?
in 50 words or less what does "sight reason" mean?
The universe is rationally intelligible and does that tell you something about "man" or something about the universe? Nature is a slaughter; does that tell you something about the nature of the universe and what aims or purposes could possibly be?

Arjuna

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:15 pm
@sometime sun,
The entire universe is that diamond with an elemental coar of a question?
What is that question that is our very creation and reason?
Maybe not even the diamond, the reason behind the substance of the gem.
But we are talking about man, and man is (self) made substance.

Yea.. everything that happens creates new possibilities to explore. Exploring is the same thing as asking a question. The question is a journey of discovery... a call for the experience that becomes the fertile ground from which wisdom grows... blah blah blah.

Your question is the core question. Who am I? Am I alone? How do I make this damn thing work?

Fido

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:16 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;108466 wrote:
Fido;
The saying being the only realization of self alone or by participant other than just self listening?
Or would it have to do with believing, by letting others hear you or listening toward someone else conviction/existance?

We are realized by our forms, primarily through social forms, but really all forms which are also forms of relationship... That is how we survive, through structured relationships, and it is also the source of all the evidence we have that we are real, when others relate to us...No one relates to the dead, but one point of our forms is recognition... That is the why of formal behavior and uniforms; to be seen and to see who is real...When forms die it is because they do not keep us alive and so cease to have meaning...So; we need our physical lives, and for this aim forms exist, but we also need more than our solitary existences to tell us we are real...It is through our forms that we are kept alive, and that life has meaning...

---------- Post added 12-06-2009 at 04:40 PM ----------

Zetherin;108571 wrote:
Well, I guess one could say that was the ultimate question in regards to what's for dinner!

Who's for dinner???

sometime sun

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 04:24 pm
@prothero,
prothero;108584 wrote:
I suppose one could postulate the universe is completely indifferent consciousness (still without aims, intents or purposes) but I fail to see how that would help the human condition?

in 50 words or less what does "sight reason" mean?
The universe is rationally intelligible and does that tell you something about "man" or something about the universe? Nature is a slaughter; does that tell you something about the nature of the universe and what aims or purposes could possibly be?

Consciousness equals God. Some may postulate that it surpasses God.

Always look on the bright side of life.
There is 8 words for you, for a start, even if there are warranted more.
The reason for being able to see, there are another 7.:a-ok:

Reconstructo

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 06:28 pm
@sometime sun,
I think one good answer for man's primary question is: what am I?

I see philosophy as the quest for self-knowledge, but also for self-creation. And who knows what all....

Theaetetus

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 07:25 pm
@Fido,
Fido;108465 wrote:
The ultimate question is how can we be realized, because only by surviving today can we say we existed tomorrow...

You can never say that you existed tomorrow. Tomorrow is that always fleeting moment that never arrives. As soon as it appears it will, it is today.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What is the ultimate question with man?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 06:20:50