This man

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 07:34 pm
In January 2006 in New York, the patient of a well-known psychiatrist draws the face of a man that has been repeatedly appearing in her dreams. In more than one occasion that man has given her advice on her private life. The woman swears she has never met the man in her life.

That portrait lies forgotten on the psychiatrist's desk for a few days until one day another patient recognizes that face and says that the man has often visited him in his dreams. He also claims he has never seen that man in his waking life.

The psychiatrist decides to send the portrait to some of his colleagues that have patients with recurrent dreams. Within a few months, four patients recognize the man as a frequent presence in their own dreams. All the patients refer to him as THIS MAN.

From January 2006 until today, at least 2000 people have claimed they have seen this man in their dreams, in many cities all over the world: Los Angeles, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Tehran, Beijing, Rome, Barcelona, Stockholm, Paris, New Dehli, Moskow etc.

At the moment there is no ascertained relation or common trait among the people that have dreamed of seeing this man. Moreover, no living man has ever been recognized as resembling the man of the portrait by the people who have seen this man in their dreams.

The aim of this website is:
- to help those who have seen this man in their dreams and to foster communication among them;
- to understand who this man is and why he appears in an apparently pattern-less array of situations in the dreams of such diverse human subjects.

-via
http://www.thisman.org/

[Moderator edit and note: Members should be aware that the site in question appears to be a viral campaign , and the information contained therein should be taken with a huge grain of salt, as it is likely a hoax. jgw.]

richrf

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 11:00 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;97796 wrote:

The aim of this website is:
- to help those who have seen this man in their dreams and to foster communication among them;
- to understand who this man is and why he appears in an apparently pattern-less array of situations in the dreams of such diverse human subjects.

I think the aim of the website is to get viral traffic and I think it is a novel idea. I am always amazed at what the human brain can cook up. Smile

Rich

mister kitten

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 03:34 pm
@mister kitten,
Regardless, it's a neat something to wonder about.

And, addressed to mods if there is anything I did wrong, I'm sorry I'm not sure whether or not I could copy paste some stuff and put a link.

Caroline

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 04:00 pm
@mister kitten,
Mk can you give me a proper link please, appreciate it, only makes life a lot more easier. I'm multi-tasking so would be grateful. Nice story.
Thanks.

mister kitten

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 05:47 pm
@mister kitten,
(Link Removed)
Here ya go Caroline.

(Moderator edit: link to viral campaign removed. jgw)

salima

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 07:27 pm
@mister kitten,
actually he does look familiar...but i cant place who i am thinking of. someone who is famous already and wrote books though. i am probably wrong because someone else would have made the connection already.
but it is interesting. there are a lot of theories saying we are due for another 'visit'. great idea, showing up in dreams-at least that way nobody will shoot him!

Caroline

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 08:13 pm
@mister kitten,
Why would anyone want to shoot him, I ask?
Thanks MK.

---------- Post added 10-16-2009 at 09:41 PM ----------

We do not live in barbaric times, we live in a civilised society, so what are you on about salima?
Thanks.

salima

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 09:04 pm
@Caroline,
sorry, off topic...never mind

Pangloss

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 10:57 pm
@mister kitten,
This is just part of a viral marketing campaign, and is fiction.

Caroline

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 11:45 pm
@mister kitten,
I would hope that someone who "visited", as salima puts it, that in this day and age we are a little more understanding compared to Jesus' time or even Socrates. I think only an extremely selfish and mentally ill person would shoot this person. Thanks salima.

kennethamy

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 12:06 pm
@Pangloss,
Pangloss;98028 wrote:
This is just part of a viral marketing campaign, and is fiction.

Well, I am not sure, but he looks a hell of a lot like my postman. I'll let you know.

Pangloss

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 12:09 pm
@mister kitten,
Well, run a WHOIS on the domain registrar...the guy who setup the site even has his contact e-mail address as "@guerrillamarketing.it" (in italian). Ha! I guess he's too cheap to even do an anonymous registration with all of the ad money he must be pulling in from his viral website.

Sometimes we should evaluate the veracity of what we are reading before we decide to spread its "information" all over the place...

salima

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 08:07 pm
@Pangloss,
Pangloss;98148 wrote:
Well, run a WHOIS on the domain registrar...the guy who setup the site even has his contact e-mail address as "@guerrillamarketing.it" (in italian). Ha! I guess he's too cheap to even do an anonymous registration with all of the ad money he must be pulling in from his viral website.

Sometimes we should evaluate the veracity of what we are reading before we decide to spread its "information" all over the place...

how do you run a WHOIS? :detective:
that is the kind of detective work i really like!

Pangloss

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 08:20 pm
@salima,
salima;98204 wrote:
how do you run a WHOIS? :detective:
that is the kind of detective work i really like!

WHOIS Search for Domain Registration Information | Network Solutions

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:03:28