Could anyone help me finding a book to read, please?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Vasska

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 02:58 pm
@Caroline,
Most books that are mentioned are the one's I recommend as well. I would put George Orwell on top of the list, but that is just me have just re-read Animal Farm.

One of the lists I've used to get some ideas of which books to read next is this one from "the art of manliness". Don't let the manliness scare you. The list is woman-friendly.

100 Must-Read Books: The Essential Man’s Library | The Art of Manliness

Lily

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 09:17 am
@Lily,
So, now i'm back from the library. These are the books I got:
Faust, Hamlet, Through the looking glass, Wuthering hights, Solaris and More Tales of Pirx the Pilot (both by Stanislaw Lem), Through a glass, darkly(by Jostein Gaarder) and two books with the brothers Grimm fairytales.

I wish I had had a basket to carry them when I was walking around in the library. They were really heavy! Next time I'll get something by Edgar Allan Poe, Hemingway and Ibsen. But for now, I have enough to read. Thanks guys:a-ok:

Caroline

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 09:42 am
@Lily,
Hey Lily,
All really good choices especially Hamlet. I've read Through the Glass Darkly too, it is what it says, (in the title). Smile

Catchabula

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 10:18 am
@Lily,
Great choice indeed, Lily. I would like to ask something, but of course that is completely up to you. Can you tell us about your impressions after you read one (or more) of these? Just say what effect it has on you. Perhaps you will think Shakespeare is a bore. If so, just say that, writers are not holy cows. Happy reading :-).

Lily

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 10:25 am
@Lily,
Yes, sure, I'll post something in the book review-room

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:31:25