Teleportation would you use it?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Teleportation would you use it?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 10:42 pm
Greetings,

Scientist have succeeded in teleporting a light quanta over a distance of a few hundred yards or so

They use quantum entanglement to do it, but in reality they are just teleporting the information.

One quanta know exactly what the another is doing regardless of distance instantaneously resonates with each other, overcoming the light speed barrier of information communication.

This is the first tiny step Now to my question would you allow yourself to be teleported when all that is really happening is the information that make up your being is destroyed and reassembled on the other side of the universe

An exact copy , but is the copy you or what is it where is your consciousness then?

xris

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:39 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;74200 wrote:
Greetings,

Scientist have succeeded in teleporting a light quanta over a distance of a few hundred yards or so

They use quantum entanglement to do it, but in reality they are just teleporting the information.

One quanta know exactly what the another is doing regardless of distance instantaneously resonates with each other, overcoming the light speed barrier of information communication.

This is the first tiny step Now to my question would you allow yourself to be teleported when all that is really happening is the information that make up your being is destroyed and reassembled on the other side of the universe

An exact copy , but is the copy you or what is it where is your consciousness then?
Good one Alan:) would those who dont believe in a soul take the chance their soul would be left behind.I may take the view that our brain is a receiver of thoughts that originate outside of it so there would be danger of me disappearing.

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 05:37 am
@xris,
xris;74239 wrote:
Good one Alan:) would those who dont believe in a soul take the chance their soul would be left behind.I may take the view that our brain is a receiver of thoughts that originate outside of it so there would be danger of me disappearing.

Yes xris where will all those brave young men be if they were not sure the entity that popped out at the other end is really the same person. Maybe you die and they just create a perfect copy of you, but would you be human

Peace

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 06:03 am
@Alan McDougall,
In my hand is copy A of book X. When I retype book X, thereby creating copy B, copy B is just as much book X as copy A is book X; however, copy B is certainly not copy A.

So, assuming there is such a thing, where is individuality, or self? Is self X or A?

xris

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 08:23 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Its a gamble with your true"I".

Elmud

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:54 pm
@Alan McDougall,
To quote Brundlefly, "breathe deep ,,the plasma pool".

William

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 09:28 pm
@Alan McDougall,
It think teleportation is an interesting concept. Oh and by the way, Gene Roddenberry is another one of the most influential individuals in my life I failed to mention in another thread. Considering the "new physics" being introduced by Nassim Haramein, I don't think mankind will ever be able to duplicate the original which is what teleportation literally means. First we must identify all the makes up the human body and that is impossible if Haramein is at all correct in his theories. I think referring to teleportation as we define it is being done in our rebirth from one dimension to another in the onward continuum that is our existence. IMO. We are disassembled and reassembled in that universal, godly process. Those so very tiny, imvisible links that can be associated with consciousness and thought and 'soul' that connects everything to everything else will be lost in the process of that "man made" attempt to achieve such a feat. What disappears and reappears will lose vital information in the process; information we are not privy too. IMO.

William

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 10:11 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;74258 wrote:
In my hand is copy A of book X. When I retype book X, thereby creating copy B, copy B is just as much book X as copy A is book X; however, copy B is certainly not copy A.

So, assuming there is such a thing, where is individuality, or self? Is self X or A?

You are referring to the soul, regardless I would never teleport because the other me would be a copy and i gone exterminated in the teleport transfer

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 10:17 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Actually, I see no connection with the soul and my breakdown of what occurs. Even from a purely physical perspective, the issue remains.

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;74446 wrote:
Actually, I see no connection with the soul and my breakdown of what occurs. Even from a purely physical perspective, the issue remains.

That accepted would you teleport your body, in the Starshiip Enterprise manner?

Would the reassembled copy be you with the same consciousness. I would never go through such a machine, there is simply no way subjectively of objectively prove the transported person is you!

I think , hypothetically that the moment captain Kerk was beamed up he died/vanished and only a copy remained

Scientists and I mean serious scientists are speculating that the soul/mind is a quantum field, hovering near the head!

Would you teleport or allow your spouse etc to do it?

Did you ever see the movie, The fly?, this guy teleports himself from one booth to another , and unkown to him there is also a fly in the departure booth. What is reassembled at the other end is a horrible human/fly hybrid

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 11:07 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Well, now we have officially moved beyond the realm of science and into science fiction. Thus, I am moving the thread to a more suitable forum. Carry on!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Teleportation would you use it?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 04:29:03