Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 05:26 am
@Elmud,
Kate Beckinsale

http://justentertainment.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/kate_beckinsale_1.jpg

or

Jennifer Connolly

http://www.celebritywonder.com/picture/Jennifer_Connelly/jenniferconnelly_051.jpg

But definitely agree with Aedes and others that emotional associations are far more important to such judgments than unaffected outward appearance.

I also have to say, I'm going to be stealing most of Aedes' post to use on my own girlfriend. Kudos.

Shadow Dragon

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:26 am
@Elmud,
On just looks alone, I would have to say Angelina Jolie.

Khethil

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 03:22 pm
@Elmud,
The prettiest woman is the known woman; where her mannerisms, voice, gestures, smile and natural grace combine to present a picture of a trusting, expressive woman - best observed when in love or in the company of those held in close esteem.

mister kitten

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 12:08 pm
@Elmud,
The prettiest girl in the world, hmm. Why can't it be the prettiest 'person' in the world? That's how I'll answer it, anyways.
I have 6 people that I think are very, equally, pretty. The names may not mean anything to you but; Paige, Emily, Kevin, Sheila, Alyssa, and Christie.
I don't see any prettyness in "Celebrities"

timunderwood9

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 08:57 pm
@mister kitten,
I think that rather than trying to point out particular celebrities a better approach to a question like this is to think about the ways in which people try to answer the question. And from the perspective of how people actually approach and see the world at any given moment "my girlfriend" is probably a far truer answer than "celebrity X" normally. Simply due to the already noted changes to your brain when in love.

Another aspect is the way that appearance relates to stereotypes, and concepts of behavior, status and personality is important to attraction. I actually don't find most of these celebrities mentioned particularly attractive, because a large portion of my sexual aesthetics was created by my upbringing as a fundamentalist Christian, and as a result I find very blatant sexuality strongly offputting (Angelina Jolie simply isn't on my list of people who I would really like to be with based on appearance).

This relates to another aspect of the question. What actually is meant by 'the prettiest' as a descriptor? The most sexually attractive to the person? The most sexually attractive to the most people? Something that has nothing to do with sex? The closest to some particular set of objective physical ratios?

rhinogrey

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 03:31 pm
@Elmud,
I'm very disappointed with all the celebrity-worship in here. Isn't this a philosophy forum?

I can't even bring myself to find celebrities attractive anymore. Either they are under perfect lighting conditions to accentuate the curves of their muscular structure, or they are airbrushed, or their faces painted into oblivion with bizarre make-up.

Celebrities are some of the most un-beautiful people in the world, especially after they've been in the game for a while. Their fame/popularity/superficial lifestyle jades them, and they begin to react to life in a dulled manner, no genuine expression, no inner joy, just a "pretty" face to maintain.

I for one refuse to allow the mass media to define my idea of an Absolute Beauty just because it's shoved down my throat through my senses being inundated with their ridiculous clowns and barbie dolls.

Beauty comes from within; the facial features are an expression of one's inner reaction towards life and everything within life...the features are merely a vessel for beauty, they contain none in-themselves. . .

Beauty is something real, that affects you viscerally...a breath, a glance, a laugh...it is not a picture produced by the mass media to look as symmetrical as possible. People want straight lines drawn for them because the curves are just too much to handle.

Leonard

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 07:11 pm
@Elmud,
I doubt i've met anyone i'd consider the prettiest woman ever, though someone I know comes pretty close. True beauty for me is a beautiful mind, and it takes more than looks to make a 'pretty girl'.

7skullz

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 11:55 pm
@Elmud,
Well, to me, the prettiest woman in the world would happen to be the one that repeatedly disregards me, puts me off, and rejects me. To me, she is profoundly beautiful. I have no clue what it is, be it her deep, thoughtful eyes, her petite frame, or the radiance that seems to oose from every pore of her paled skin, but to me, she's beautiful.

Pineapple

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 06:23 am
@Elmud,
I think that this girl in Brisbane called Brienna Lind would have to be the cutest girl that I know.

chaz wyman

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 08:41 pm
@Elmud,
Have you thought of any philosophy questions for the "Philosophy Forum"?
Why not ask your stupid questions on Yahoo Answers where you will find many people of your intellectual ability and interests.

scottaleger

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 12:35 am
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_n61amWUt-Co/TKjKHG-GrlI/AAAAAAAAACE/IppvGzJIB-s/s1600/1201059242_hermione3%5B1%5D.jpg

Emma Watson (Actress)

Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson was born in Paris, France to parents, Jacqueline Luesby and Chris Watson. At the age of five, Emma's parents divorced and she then moved to Oxfordshire, England with her mother and younger brother, Alexander.

From the age of six, Emma knew that she wanted to be an actress and, for a number of years, she trained at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts, a part-time theatre school where she studied singing, dancing and acting. By the age of ten, she had performed and taken the lead in various Stagecoach productions and school plays, including "Arthur: The Young Years" and "The Happy Prince". In 1999, casting began for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001), the film adaptation of British author J.K. Rowling's bestselling novel. Casting agents found Emma through her Oxford theatre teacher, and the producers of the film were impressed by her confidence and her natural acting abilities. After eight consistent auditions, producer David Heyman told Emma and fellow applicants, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, that they had been cast for the roles of the three leads, Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. It has even been said that Rowling had Emma as her first choice for Hermione Granger since her first screen test.

mpetrangelo

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 04:58 pm
@Elmud,
There is no real prettiest girl, for beauty lies NOT in the outer skin, but in the inner soul.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:44:35