The Prettiest Girl in the World

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » The Prettiest Girl in the World

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Elmud

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 08:58 pm
Who is the prettiest girl in the world? everyone has different tastes so there would be a multitude of answers.

Several years ago, I saw the prettiest girl I ever saw. Long black hair and beautiful eyes. No one has ever compared since. I use to think Shania Twain was the prettiest. She's been beat.

Who do you think is the prettiest girl in the world, and why?

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 09:09 pm
@Elmud,
According to my vocalizations, the prettiest girl in the world is the one I'm trying to sweet talk.

Justin

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 09:11 pm
@Elmud,
My wife... Please understand I'm saying under duress because she's standing here beside me. LOL.

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 09:18 pm
@Elmud,
I would have to say my girlfriend, because she may not be too happy if I said otherwise. I am actually joking, and on first thought, I pick Cristina Scabbia the singer of the Italian band Lacuna Coil. As a musician, I feel I must pick a musician, and that was the first that I thought of.

Aedes

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 09:22 pm
@Elmud,
An emerging theme here, one I agree with, is that knowing someone means that prettiness is not an isolated judgement. I know every expression in my wife's face, I know what it means, I've seen her in a wedding dress and I've seen her in a hospital gown. It's hard to neutrally call the 'prettiest woman in the world' when there is one woman you cherish above all others -- who is pretty unto herself.

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 09:30 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes;74182 wrote:
An emerging theme here, one I agree with, is that knowing someone means that prettiness is not an isolated judgement. I know every expression in my wife's face, I know what it means, I've seen her in a wedding dress and I've seen her in a hospital gown. It's hard to neutrally call the 'prettiest woman in the world' when there is one woman you cherish above all others -- who is pretty unto herself.

I agree totally. I have only known my girlfriend for a couple of months, but when you cherish one person over any other, it tends to skew your view--even if no one else would agree with you. I just thought I would try to play along with Elmund a bit, and make an attempt at picking someone other than my significant other based solely on aesthetics alone.

Elmud

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 10:36 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes;74182 wrote:
In a world where nothing seems natural, that is about as natural as it gets Mr. Aedes.

Zetherin

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 10:49 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;74180 wrote:
I would have to say my girlfriend, because she may not be too happy if I said otherwise. I am actually joking, and on first thought, I pick Cristina Scabbia the singer of the Italian band Lacuna Coil. As a musician, I feel I must pick a musician, and that was the first that I thought of.

Such a nice pick. I used to oogle over her pictures when I first found out about the band like two years go. I absolutely love the Italian/Mediterranean look. Speaking of her and the band, I need to download some of their stuff.

Oh, and as for my picks, besides Cristina, I'm going to go with Alyssa Milano and Marisa Tomei. Oh, god, Marisa's eyes just make me melt.

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 10:54 pm
@Elmud,
I wouldn't bother with Lacuna Coil's new album Shallow Life. I tried to listen to it tonight, and I had to shut it off and put on Comalies instead. The new album reminds me of Linkin Park's newer music, and the lyrics seem very banal. Not to mention, Cristina's beautiful voice is not nearly as prevalent as their older material.

Zetherin

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 11:11 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;74174 wrote:
According to my vocalizations, the prettiest girl in the world is the one I'm trying to sweet talk.

I'm curious to hear how DT kicks game, aren't you guys? Very Happy

salima

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 01:08 am
@Elmud,
i have an objective opinion for you, since i am a woman and have no romantic interest in women whatsoever, but occasionally find one i think is beautiful.

i have two favorites-one is shakira and the other is tina turner. i doubt if anyone will agree with me, and i know i have a kinky idea of beauty-but there is something about these ladies that exudes a self confidence without vanity, and of course a very strong sense of sexuality. at the same time they are not the weepy clinging vine type, and of course there is nothing artificial in them even if there is, if you know what i mean.

however i do totally agree that when one is in love the beloved becomes more beautiful than anyone else-kind of like my son was the most beautiful baby i ever saw.

Elmud

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:52 am
@salima,
salima;74228 wrote:
i have an objective opinion for you, since i am a woman and have no romantic interest in women whatsoever, but occasionally find one i think is beautiful.

i have two favorites-one is shakira and the other is tina turner. i doubt if anyone will agree with me, and i know i have a kinky idea of beauty-but there is something about these ladies that exudes a self confidence without vanity, and of course a very strong sense of sexuality. at the same time they are not the weepy clinging vine type, and of course there is nothing artificial in them even if there is, if you know what i mean.

however i do totally agree that when one is in love the beloved becomes more beautiful than anyone else-kind of like my son was the most beautiful baby i ever saw.
I have to agree with you. Tina Turner carries herself well.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:56 am
@Elmud,
Zetherin;74207 wrote:
I'm curious to hear how DT kicks game, aren't you guys? Very Happy

Man, I'm so smooth, I don't even need game. A smile and a nod, that's all, baby. Freakin' Miles Davis cool, brother. :cool:

Elmud

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:59 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;74244 wrote:
Man, I'm so smooth, I don't even need game. A smile and a nod, that's all, baby. Freakin' Miles Davis cool, brother. :cool:
DT's got "ALL" the game.

RDanneskjld

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 02:50 pm
@Elmud,
One of the girls who I think must be one of the more attractive girls in the World has to be Emma Rigby, who is a soap actor over here and is totally gorgeous and is as good looking in real life having met and spoken to her.
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v96/150/22/524465756/n524465756_68783_2704.jpg

William

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:01 pm
@Justin,
Justin;74177 wrote:
My wife... Please understand I'm saying under duress because she's standing here beside me. LOL.

Now that is wisdom personified.:flowers:
William

---------- Post added 07-02-2009 at 05:00 PM ----------

Diane Lane, Brooke Burke, Elizabeth Shue, Sophie Marceau, Bridgette Moynahan, Halle Berry, Salma Hayek, Vanessa Williams to name a few.

William

dawoel

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 02:30 am
@Elmud,
Ouch, I have known and seen so many women over the course of my life and I am only 20! Um ... ... ... ... ... I think I could probably narrow it down to about two, neither of whom I know that well. I think one has got to be a waitress in a resteraunt in Cyprus I went to, and my friends where a little concerned at my eagerness to go there every night we where there. I swear she liked me too cos she kept leaning suggestively over me when laying the table, resting her hip against my back and stroking my chin when her boss wasn't looking, I'm not sure how much more evidence I need. Then again, maybe she just thought I was "cute"...urgh! It's a good job we only spent 2 weeks there too, I don't know how much more I could take.
The other I guess would be a certain swiss nurse I saw when I was last in hospital having done a backflip of a swing and landed head first on a concrete floor, and needed a cranial x-ray (I was fine btw). The nurse's job at the time was to see if my reflexes where working so she was hitting my body all over with a little hammer. Then it was a case of "lift your shirt please" etc. It was an embarressing experiance, for she did very much notice that I was attracted to her (I need not tell you why) and she found it most amuzing, one of the worst moments of my life when she left the room and closed the door with a little wink.

SJoseph

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 11:41 am
@Elmud,
Some of the science behind beauty is bilateral symmetry. The distance from X-Y in relation to the distance between A-B, over and over.
http://www.uic.edu/classes/osci/osci590/TBBfig_5.jpg

Studies of I think 50 different celebrities' facial structure resulted in Cate Blanchett having the best symmetry, in all the measured ways.

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/cate-blanchett/cate-blanchett-20070919-313559.jpg

I personally agree with Maxim, putting Olivia Wilde as the #1.

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/285/5/6/PSP___Olivia_Wilde__Jacket__by_TebgDoran.jpg

hammersklavier

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 04:23 pm
@Elmud,
The girl I have a crush on. http://www.philadelphiaspeaks.com/forum/images/smilies/SM120.gif

Although symmetry's important, there's also a lot of minor facets that can determine one's sense of beauty. For instance, I find blue eyes cold and intimidating and tend to be more attracted to those with dark-brown or black eyes. I also find almond-shaped eyes more attractive than other types--all my personal preferences.

I also find, to me, beauty's a sort of living thing. I dislike Hollywood 'beauty', finding it somewhat sterile and dead...for this reason I'm hardly ever attracted to celebrities...

Kelly Hu's an exception, though. :bigsmile:

Elmud

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 08:42 pm
@hammersklavier,
Yeah. Long black hair,,,with a pink ribbon in it. Beautiful black eyes that sparkled. A big smile that would melt your heart. I think she was six years old when that picture was taken. Now,,she is a woman. going to college to be an english teacher. I am sure there will be plenty of her students that will have the schoolboy crush on her. Yeah. Shania Twain,,you have been beat. Of course,,,i'm a little partial.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » The Prettiest Girl in the World
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:59:51