consciousness and your exact dubble

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

richrf

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 11:36 am
@bananabuddha,
bananabuddha;73065 wrote:
richrf, just to be curious, do you think that consciousness is a product of the brain? Or do you think that it is something that possibly spans across many fields of existence?

The way I see things, the brain manifests from consciousness as a wave might manifest from the ocean, or a vortex may manifest from draining water, or a spiral motion may manifest from an oscillating pendulum There is no duality in my mind. The two are one and the same.

The purpose of the brain (and spine) is to act as an information receiver and transmitter for one individual consciousness to interact with another other individual consciousness. All of this being part of the universal consciousness.

Rich

bananabuddha

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 11:41 am
@richrf,
richrf;73068 wrote:
The way I see things, the brain manifests from consciousness as a wave might manifest from the ocean, or a vortex may manifest from draining water, or a spiral motion may manifest from an oscillating pendulum There is no duality in my mind. The two are one and the same.

The purpose of the brain (and spine) is to act as an information receiver and transmitter for one individual consciousness to interact with another other individual consciousness. All of this being part of the universal consciousness.

Rich

Ok, that being said, what do you think will happen after your physical demise?

richrf

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 11:49 am
@bananabuddha,
bananabuddha;73070 wrote:
Ok, that being said, what do you think will happen after your physical demise?

Hi,

I believe that there is a transcendental aspect to the individual consciousness that lives through many physical lives. For evidence of this I use the concepts of inherit characteristics.

Rich

bananabuddha

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 12:00 pm
@richrf,
richrf;73074 wrote:
Hi,

I believe that there is a transcendental aspect to the individual consciousness that lives through many physical lives. For evidence of this I use the concepts of inherit characteristics.

Rich

The idea of reincarnation never seemed that appealing to me. If we do live in a spiritual universe, then we should get to see it after we die, not constantly be popped into body after body like we're on a factory line... Seems more cruel than nothing after death.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your thoughts rich, you really seem like you're an individual who thinks outside his box...

glasstrees

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 12:10 pm
@bananabuddha,
bananabuddha;73077 wrote:
The idea of reincarnation never seemed that appealing to me. If we do live in a spiritual universe, then we should get to see it after we die, not constantly be popped into body after body like we're on a factory line... Seems more cruel than nothing after death.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your thoughts rich, you really seem like you're an individual who thinks outside his box...

Some people believe your ego is left in spirit form but with a hightend scence of oneness. Then after you diguest what you have learnt from life you can manifest into something else.

The problem I have with this kind of thing is theres no way you can have a clue at guesing this. Surely its just a stab in the dark and probably wrong?

bananabuddha

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 02:57 pm
@glasstrees,
dwixi;73079 wrote:
Some people believe your ego is left in spirit form but with a hightend scence of oneness. Then after you diguest what you have learnt from life you can manifest into something else.

The problem I have with this kind of thing is theres no way you can have a clue at guesing this. Surely its just a stab in the dark and probably wrong?

Well, it's not a stab in the dark if richrf meditates or something like that and has attained this knowledge personally for himself through experience.

But, if it is a stab in the dark, who is to say he's wrong? The early days of science were theory based, stabs in the dark. The first attempts to launch into space and on the moon were huge stabs in the dark. We had to risk and take chances. And it's now safe to say that 90 percent of both those eras, our theories and predictions were right.

But I wonder if this is just belief for richrf or personal experience. It does seem like he very much knows what he's talking about.

glasstrees

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 03:01 pm
@bananabuddha,
bananabuddha;73132 wrote:
Well, it's not a stab in the dark if richrf meditates or something like that and has attained this knowledge personally for himself through experience.

But, if it is a stab in the dark, who is to say he's wrong? The early days of science were theory based, stabs in the dark. The first attempts to launch into space and on the moon were huge stabs in the dark. We had to risk and take chances. And it's now safe to say that 90 percent of both those eras, our theories and predictions were right.

But I wonder if this is just belief for richrf or personal experience. It does seem like he very much knows what he's talking about.

Yeah. I am open to it. It doesnt seem like completely fantasy to me.

But I think it is still like a stab in the dark. Even if he has had an experience that was associated with it.

People say they have had jesus talk to them and tell them to kill people. But i wouldnt consider that atall true.

richrf

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 06:19 pm
@bananabuddha,
bananabuddha;73077 wrote:

Hi there,

Not really reincarnation, but that may be the way you imagine it. More of a soul that is learning and gaining skills which manifest in each physical life as inherited characteristics.

Inherited characteristics in themselves are memory - memory of skills obtained. Memory in the form of visual memory is a bit trickier. Some claim that they can see flickers of these memories.

As for why some memories are erased and others are projected through different lives? Again, I use observations to satisfy my curiosity. The metaphor I would use is the Game. We play games throughout our life. In fact, all of life may be a game. Now, as with a good game of Monopoly, chess, or even hide-and-seek, we develop skills as we play the game which we retain from game to game, but it is good to end the game and start anew. How else to start a new Game of Life other than to erase some memory? You know, sometimes you just want to forget what happened as have a fresh start. :bigsmile:

Rich

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 01:48:34