Want moar opinions on my looks

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Want moar opinions on my looks

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 12:54 pm
Ok! I'm sure that y'all remember the thread I made a long time ago asking for opinions on my appearance. So, I'm down to 193 or so, and I've been working out. More importantly, though, I tried on a size medium t-shirt (I've gotten one, that is), and I want to know what y'all think about the fit.

1. Does it make me look fat(ter)?

2. Does it look ok on me?

Medium t-shirt picture by Bonaventurian - Photobucket

nameless

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 02:11 pm
@Bonaventurian,
heh..
Ever see one of those Mr. Baldy toys for kids where you use a magnet to drag the iron-filings to the head to make 'hair'?
Don't know what brought that to mind...
Ahhh vanity..

manored

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 03:25 pm
@Bonaventurian,
You look just fine. Except for your pose, that looks ridiculous, like a poor attempt at looking cool in the picture Smile

Justin

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:40 pm
@Bonaventurian,
It's you Bona, nothing wrong with it. Be yourself and be glad you have the ability stand on two feet and hold your arm up high with a smile. You should really add these posts and the images to your blog so that we can compare. It's tough to catch everything. I remember vaguely but add these pics to your photo album on the forum.

Congrats on losing weight! Medium may be a bit tight for your build, try a large. I wear an extra large and I'm about 173lbs.... LOL, top heavy with chicken legs.

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 10:06 pm
@Bonaventurian,
I am curious why you would want the opinion about your looks from a bunch of philosophers. Have you seen pictures of what the historical philosophers looked like? My first impression was a larger build of Gargamel. Since you asked, I thought I would tell.

manored

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 10:27 am
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus wrote:
I am curious why you would want the opinion about your looks from a bunch of philosophers.
Philosophers dont lie? Smile

validity

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 02:21 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:
Philosophers dont lie? Smile
No, they sit The Thinker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Smile

Bonaventurian

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 02:21 pm
@Bonaventurian,
Stay on topic, dudes.

TickTockMan

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:49 pm
@Bonaventurian,
Okay, what was the topic again?

Oh yeah. Your shirt. Too small man, too small. It's kind of the
shirt equivalent of high-water pants.

validity

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 02:51 am
@Bonaventurian,
Bonaventurian wrote:
Stay on topic, dudes.
Sorry Smile

Bonaventurian wrote:
Ok! I'm sure that y'all remember the thread I made a long time ago asking for opinions on my appearance. So, I'm down to 193 or so, and I've been working out. More importantly, though, I tried on a size medium t-shirt (I've gotten one, that is), and I want to know what y'all think about the fit.

1. Does it make me look fat(ter)?

2. Does it look ok on me?

Medium t-shirt picture by Bonaventurian - Photobucket
Congratulations on the weight loss. What work out do you do? Your success may show others how to achieve similar results.

1. You have lost weight. Whether it looks this or that, does not change that you have lost weight. Well done. Do you have a weight goal?
2. How do you feel about it?

sarathustrah

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 09:18 am
@Bonaventurian,
its about comfort.... can you sit down without being paranoid about how you look?

you should be concerned with your health yes... but its primitive to think that looks will attract a mate.... thats the wrong way to go about it... age will make you ugly no matter what anyways... you must find someone youre compatible with or you will NEVER be happy... snagging the pretty girl by being a pretty boy will always be disastrous.

be you. be comfortable. be happy.

Bonaventurian

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 10:57 am
@validity,
validity wrote:
1. You have lost weight. Whether it looks this or that, does not change that you have lost weight. Well done. Do you have a weight goal?
2. How do you feel about it?

1. Over a hundred pounds, man. I'm coming down from like a high of 305. If y'all want, I suppose I could write a thread about it later. What I'm doing is ridiculously simple that, once you realize what it is that I've done, you'll be ashamed that there are any overweight people anywhere at any time in the history of mankind.

2. Awesome. That's not what I'm asking, though. :p I just wanted to know what others thought about the shirt.

Haha.

Thank all of you (who actually gave an answer that was relevent to what I asked) who've answered so far. :detective:

manored

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 11:43 am
@sarathustrah,
sarathustrah wrote:
its about comfort.... can you sit down without being paranoid about how you look?

you should be concerned with your health yes... but its primitive to think that looks will attract a mate.... thats the wrong way to go about it... age will make you ugly no matter what anyways... you must find someone youre compatible with or you will NEVER be happy... snagging the pretty girl by being a pretty boy will always be disastrous.

be you. be comfortable. be happy.
I think its primitive to assume he is trying to attract a mate based on the little information he gave us about his purposes. Just being ironic Smile

sarathustrah

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 12:40 am
@Bonaventurian,
lol my bad... its my little rant i say when people ask about how they look... just a reminder... i meant health should be the motivation... not approving opinions.

my main point was dont wear it, if you cant be comfy in it yet... simple as that

ive been doped up on pain meds all day... earache... so excuse my straying mind. it was a rude assumption.

Bonaventurian

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 11:30 am
@Bonaventurian,
Sarah, that's a nice sentiment, but that's not what I asked.

Theaetetus

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 05:37 pm
@Bonaventurian,
I still don't understand why you want the opinion of a bunch of armchair philosophers on a forum about your looks. You know that vanity is one of the deadly sins, right?

Bonaventurian

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 10:31 pm
@Bonaventurian,
I want the opinions of others, generally speaking. I figure an exoteric opinion is better than mine, since mine is necessarily biased.

Theaetetus

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 11:04 pm
@Bonaventurian,
As I said previously, since you asked, the first thing that popped in my head was Gargamel. If you have no idea what I am talking about, then you are just too young to understand. Of course, considering all of the other characters on the show, that probably could be taken as a compliment.

manored

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 03:23 pm
@Bonaventurian,
Bonaventurian wrote:
I want the opinions of others, generally speaking. I figure an exoteric opinion is better than mine, since mine is necessarily biased.
Im not sure if that line of thinking works, since your interpretation of the opinions of others is also necessarily biased Smile

Lost phil

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 07:13 pm
@validity,
Stop wearing all black. Stop wearing t-shirts. NoOne wears black jeans anymore. Get some button down shirts and some dark jeans. Start jocking that hair up a little too. Stay clean shaven. And please no more "im cool" poses.

Oh and a piece of advice. Don't post that question on a philosophical forum. Get some fashion advice from face book or myspace. Around here are the kind of girls you will want to marry. At those places are the kind of girls you want to bone. Good luck pimpstick!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Want moar opinions on my looks
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:38:24