What Things Do You Want The World To Stop Doing?

  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What Things Do You Want The World To Stop Doing?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

No0ne
 
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 05:15 pm
Well im back from my much needed vacation:D.

This thread is pretty much explains its self, its simply a thread where you all can share the thing's that you wish/want the world to stop doing.(they could be very simple or very complex things)

Since I have started this thread I should be the first one to name off some things that I want the world to stop doing:rolleyes:

1. http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/philosophy-forums/branches-philosophy/philosophy-science/4272-sky-not-blue.html#post59915
Science exists for a reason, please dont ignor the facts of life...

Stop saying...
The color of there skin. Im black. Im white. Skin color. Ect...

(I will speak of the full dynamic's of problematic lables in another thread, logicaly telling why such lable's are non-effective in forfilling the purpose of communication and as a result become problematic in a enlighting world.)
 
manored
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 09:54 am
@No0ne,
The skin has its appareance from reflecting certain colors and absorbing others, so it is, yes, thanks to the skin we have different colors. How else could it be? colors given at randow? Smile

And I think that calling people white, black, etc is usefull for quicker reconition. If you saw a guy painted in blue, wouldnt you say "The blue guy over there"? I see people with black skin, so I say "The black guy over there".

I wish the world stopped asking me to cut my facial hair.
I wish the parents of the world stopped telling their kids lame lies such as the existence of "Santa Claus" and actually told the kids the reasons to do things right rather than just the "must".
I want the world to stop being divided into thousands of countries and religions.
I want the world to stop mockering the importance of philosopy.

There are many other things, but I cant remember em all in one moment. might post more later.
 
Holiday20310401
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 10:51 am
@manored,
I wish the people would practice generosity instead of charity.
 
Theaetetus
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 11:00 am
@No0ne,
I wish the people that run the world would quit being stupid.
 
xris
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 11:21 am
@Theaetetus,
That we stop being parasites and save the host.
 
EmperorNero
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 11:35 am
@Theaetetus,
No0ne;59824 wrote:
So world...please stop calling other people white, black, or any other color... Cause we are all colorless,


I'm a right-winger. I'm for total colorblindness. It's lefties who are obsessed with labeling everybody for the sake of equality. They are the ones wanting a black president.

Theaetetus;59902 wrote:
I wish the people that run the world would quit being stupid.


Here's my idea: Political decisions are made by panels of philosophers. One side makes their case, and then the other side has a week or so to respond. It goes fourth and back a bit like on this forum. All the time they have to operate within the rules of logic. At the end it is clear that one side is right, or that a popular vote should decide the matter.

manored;59897 wrote:
I wish the parents (...) actually told the kids the reasons to do things right rather than just the "must".


Kids need to learn discipline, they don't have to understand everything.

Holiday20310401;59901 wrote:
I wish the people would practice generosity instead of charity.


What's the difference?

No0ne;59824 wrote:
you all can share the thing's that you wish/want the world to stop doing.


Finally it's my turn. What I want the world to do:
- Stop forcing your opinion on others (I'm looking at you Islamists and Liberals)
- Always try avoiding the easy way out of any decision.
- Get this: One unjustness does not excuse another.
- Understand that if the majority wants it, it's probably wrong. The public is stupid.
- Think about which correlations imply which causations a little longer.
 
xris
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 11:51 am
@EmperorNero,
Wanting black is a mile stone that a nation needs to accomplish so it can move forward.You think Democrats are lefties? lol ...you aint lived bros.
 
EmperorNero
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 11:53 am
@No0ne,
So we should vote for people because of their skin color?
 
xris
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 12:05 pm
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero wrote:
So we should vote for people because of their skin color?
Not if they are a Republican..dont be silly.
 
Dave Allen
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 01:06 pm
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero wrote:
I'm a right-winger. I'm for total colorblindness. It's lefties who are obsessed with labeling everybody for the sake of equality. They are the ones wanting a black president.
I thought they just wanted the candidate who hadn't adopted a pathetic running mate.
 
No0ne
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 01:08 pm
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero wrote:
So we should vote for people because of their skin color?


Just cause one fish jumped in a boat dosnt mean all other fish will jump in a boat.
 
EmperorNero
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 02:14 pm
@No0ne,
Yes it does. You dont know fish.
 
Poseidon
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 04:09 pm
@No0ne,
Quote:

I wish the people that run the world would quit being stupid.


Theaetetus, wow, you have made the most profound insight since 'I think therefore I am'. Actually, perhaps you have trumped ol' Rene' with this one.

You could actually go down in history as being the greatest philosopher of the 21st century for this.

In the years to come, Phil 101 will start with

Quote:

I wish the people that run the world would quit being stupid.


I am gobsmacked. My rant about the war on drugs being insane just doesn't seem worth making anymore.

Sorry, mods, but I have to just quote this one more time
Quote:

I wish the people that run the world would quit being stupid.

wow. I feel so honored to just quote you.
I am humbled like never before.

Could the mods please give this guy a reputation of about 100+?
 
manored
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 04:56 pm
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero wrote:
Kids need to learn discipline, they don't have to understand everything.
I disagree, people shouldnt need punishment/reward to do good, children shouldnt need either. If we teach our children to do good through punishment/reward, how will they be different in adulthood? Teaching children the reasons also protects us from teaching then something we ourselves dont understand the reasons for.

I wish people would stop being so worried about so many things for so long in the day.
 
Theaetetus
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 05:13 pm
@No0ne,
By the way Poseidon, I am a moderator so there are no apologies necessary. I do thank you though for the wonderful praise.
 
EmperorNero
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 05:17 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;59943 wrote:
By the way Poseidon, I am a moderator so there are no apologies necessary. I do thank you though for the wonderful praise.


Be careful what you wish for. If everyone turned smart by tomorrow, whould you like that?
 
Theaetetus
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 05:28 pm
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero wrote:
Be careful what you wish for. If everyone turned smart by tomorrow, whould you like that?


Yes I would, because it would make my life a lot easier. I need smart people around me, so I don't have to dumb down my own thinking to converse with others. I hate having to explain elementary concepts of ethics in order to move to higher orders of conversation. I would rather talk about what to do, rather than the basis of the thinking needed in order to reach that level. I could care less if people disagree with me if the have a knowledgeable basis for doing so. But having ignorant morons do so, jerks my chain.
 
MITech
 
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 07:56 pm
@No0ne,
I wish that the gas and oil companies would lower there prices. In fact I wish that the oil companies would stop paying the car companies to not put out the electric cars.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:04 am
@MITech,
MITech wrote:
I wish that the gas and oil companies would lower there prices. In fact I wish that the oil companies would stop paying the car companies to not put out the electric cars.

I didnt know that, i wondered why they were still selling air polluters, its disgusting!
 
KaseiJin
 
Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:37 am
@No0ne,
I'm not quite sure, having read it all, if I would be better off being serious here, or humorous . . . ? OK, I'll mix it a little.

I do fully agree about all these little lines that map people just love to draw all over the paper...yeah, I wish we'd get rid of those soon. I'd like to see more authority relinquished to the UN.

I wish more societies would open up to the better known-to-be-so truths of nature. Yeah, we've got to start teaching our kids that sex is real, it's fun, it's something that is not quite the same in every animal species, and that we are all points on a relative continuum. It's not something that means 'marriage,' though it might be safer with less partners.

I wish we'd finally get around to putting those old mythologies in their proper places...on library shelves to be good reading and study...but not models to live and die for (especially not die for...enough of that has been done already).

I wish we'd all just realized that we might as well get on with living...the purpose of life...I mean, we only have so many years left (can't recall the number...5 million? 50 million?) before our sun-god bloats and eats up those first two planets...frying ours.

And last, but perhaps not least . . . I wish they would start making size 29.5 (12) shoes in Japan, along with longer sleeved dress shirts and wider turn angles on intersection and turn-in curves.
 
 

 
  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What Things Do You Want The World To Stop Doing?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/22/2020 at 10:02:04