Philosophy and it's effects

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Philosophy and it's effects

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 08:06 pm
Before showing interest in things such as philosophy, how would you rate your life? Exciting, happy, sad, depressed, et cetera?

After discovering your interest and learning more about philosophy, how would you rate your life now? Exciting, happy, sad, depressed, et cetera?

Would you say that you think your life has more meaning? less?

Would you say that you find that you are showing social anxiety or maybe seem to have became antisocial to a point?

Do you find yourself thinking much more often, possibly skipping parties you would normally go to, et cetera?

If you have taken the Myers-Briggs Typology Indicator test, which type are you?

Aedes

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 08:15 pm
@Dylan phil,
I actually changed from an INTJ to an INTP after I took a philosophy course my senior year of college (1995 or 1996), and I've been an INTP on several repeat ones. I've always come out introverted, but I've always been very close to 50% on that one. The Intuitive, Thinking, and Perceiving are not very close, however.

The aspect of INTP that is a slam dunk for me is the teaching -- taking pains to explain complex concepts to people.

(Parenthetically, my wife is also an INTP, and we are afraid to ever take the test again in case we come out with different scores).

hue-man

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 10:10 pm
@Dylan phil,
I would say that I've always been a little introverted, thoughtful, and intuitive. Not really antisocial, but definitely not pro-social. I took the multiple intelligence test as well, and I found that I was highest in linguistic and intrapersonal. Interpersonal was in third place.

I feel like my life has more meaning now, but I'm not as happy as I could be, and that has nothing to do with philosophy and everything to do with personal matters that have been going on since before I started philosophizing. Philosophy has helped me increase my sense of well being, though, and I'm working on filling the voids in my life.

manored

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 05:05 pm
@Dylan phil,
I think before I was overall happy, but mostly because somehow I believed I should be, and I would sometimes let small things ruin my day, weeks or months. Now I fell everthing can be a sea of white roses whenever I want it to be, what is nice, and I am happy cause I know I can and want to be. Im also more willing to do things I dont want to do for the sake of experience, as I started giving immense value to experience and knowledge.

No0ne

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 05:46 pm
@Dylan phil,
Dylan wrote:
Before showing interest in things such as philosophy, how would you rate your life? Exciting, happy, sad, depressed, et cetera?

After discovering your interest and learning more about philosophy, how would you rate your life now? Exciting, happy, sad, depressed, et cetera?

Would you say that you think your life has more meaning? less?

Would you say that you find that you are showing social anxiety or maybe seem to have became antisocial to a point?

Do you find yourself thinking much more often, possibly skipping parties you would normally go to, et cetera?

If you have taken the Myers-Briggs Typology Indicator test, which type are you?

:perplexed:Hmmm? "Before showing interest in things such as philosophy"

:sarcastic:Have you ever not been intrested in your own thoughts and point of view of the world around you>?

Dylan phil

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 07:40 pm
@No0ne,
No0ne wrote:
:perplexed:Hmmm? "Before showing interest in things such as philosophy"

:sarcastic:Have you ever not been intrested in your own thoughts and point of view of the world around you>?

I'm not looking for critique in these questions, but I am wanting answers to these questions from others. I will take the time to explain what I meant though.

Once you become interested in philosophy somewhat more than the average person, you challenge yourself more than most would about specific ideas, et cetera. Most people in today's society would probably just stick to whatever their parents had them grow up with (Christianity, et cetera). If you are just growing up and have never specifically taken interest in philosophy you are more likely to not challenge ideas but rather link them to whichever religion that you reside in. If there is no difference in actually being interested in philosophy than just thinking about my own view of the world, then I don't know what to say..

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Philosophy and it's effects
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 12:03:32