Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

MJA

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 10:02 am
@Caroline,
Be True
An open mind is a free mind,
And only truth will set us free.
What is this truth of freedom?
The truth of equality of course, is the Way.
The way to Oneness in Oneself,
Is the Way to unity for All.
To be truly open or free, equal or One,
With Oneself as with All
Is the greatest gift of All.
Then All One can truly do,
To help others along the Way,
Is to be simply true,
Or in one word,
One.

=
MJA

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace. Buddha

savagemonk

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 01:07 pm
@MJA,
That sounds like a challenge I shall take it on. As for the sports stuff I find it difficult to stomach. I will have to get past my own issues to engage on that plain. I do respect him and allow his views it is the stubbornness that makes it irritating. He feels that he is more intelligent than I am, in some areas he is in others not so much. So it is troubling to my own ego I suppose to try and talk to someone that feels they need to teach you. Funny how that works, I am gripping because he won't stop to listen and is always teaching me. Yet I am doing the same thing in my own defense. Back to the thinking hole I go. lol

Thanks all

savagemonk

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 01:16 pm
@MJA,
MJA wrote:
Be True
With Oneself as with All
Is to be simply true,
Or in one word,
One.

=
MJA

Please MJA no more spiritual spam. I understand that you are all about this one thing (you have it posted all over this forum).

To be honest your one = :brickwall:your concept is simple and regurgitated through out this forum. When you can get your one to = something of substance feel free to comment until then good day.

I have no interest in being one with Buddha or any other comet jumping fruitcakes. If you think beyond one, you have much more to offer. which would = growth.

MJA

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 04:26 pm
@savagemonk,

To open up a closed mind takes nothing but a key.
The key is truth, and nature's truth is equality.
Truth will set you free!

=
MJA

Caroline

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 04:32 pm
@MJA,
MJA wrote:
Be True
With Oneself as with All
Is to be simply true,
Or in one word,
One.

=
MJA

That is great,it really helps me alot,I thank you.

Caroline

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 04:38 pm
@savagemonk,
savagemonk wrote:
That sounds like a challenge I shall take it on. As for the sports stuff I find it difficult to stomach. I will have to get past my own issues to engage on that plain. I do respect him and allow his views it is the stubbornness that makes it irritating. He feels that he is more intelligent than I am, in some areas he is in others not so much. So it is troubling to my own ego I suppose to try and talk to someone that feels they need to teach you. Funny how that works, I am gripping because he won't stop to listen and is always teaching me. Yet I am doing the same thing in my own defense. Back to the thinking hole I go. lol

Thanks all

Go out and have a few drinks together,find some common ground!
But seriously I agree with you,you both seem to be doing the same to each other.

Caroline

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 04:45 pm
@savagemonk,
I dont navigate alot around this forum,so I haven't seen it.

Elmud

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 10:48 pm
@savagemonk,
savagemonk wrote:
Earlier today I try to have a discussion with my father in-law about some of the topics that have been in here on the forum. His response to just them opening was that philosophy is a waste of time. That no one will ever figure it out. If we can't even find out what the beginning of life is that everything else is just hear say.

I attempted to explain to him that the attempt to find out was fruitful enough and I was cut off with "I don't buy it. If you can't prove the beginning than what is the point.

He said that no matter what elements you use to explain the constructs of life some thing is always before that. If you break everything down to its base components something had to have put those there. Where does it start.

His explanation led to some bearded magic man. Just wondering what everyone else thought. How do you talk to someone so closed?, and what do you think the beginning is?

Perhaps he is under the impression that curiosity killed the cat. It is much easier to take things by faith and just move on. After all, we really cannot prove that much . But, it is "mans" human nature to be curious. Just the way we are I guess. As far as the beginning is concerned, like you, I don't know.

savagemonk

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:08 am
@savagemonk,
Yeah I can see how most people would rather have the illusion of an answer (faith). Rather than search it out. I have been haunted everyday since I asked the question of what life is. I know that the likeliness of me figuring it out is slim. But that is enough for me to try. I just can not see myself running blind in the universe. And even if I don't figure it out at least I have something to go off of. Rather than a mind full of ill-logic faith based illusions.

I have trouble understanding people that wish not to progress in anything. Even if you do believe in a designer than would you not want to know everything about it.

Icon

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 12:12 pm
@savagemonk,
Well the answer which I will provide is more than likely not what you are looking for but it is my experience.

Philosophy, as a whole, is a joke. A very very long joke with a somewhat fuzzy punch line. It is true that nothing is ever resolved and it is true that we just keep spinning our gears trying to find answers to questions which have no real answers.

But what philosophy IS good for is the process. Critical thought is one of the most important things in the world next to passion. When you combine the two, you can accomplish almost anything. Philosophy is a practice. It was never truly intended to unlock all of the secrets of the universe. The universe is too massive for one subject to encompass it all. No, instead, philosophy was intended to be a jump point of sorts. A place to start. A place to expand until you had the necessary knowledge, wisdom, and understanding to find the answers on your own.

If you want to talk to him about philosophy then don't waste your time. If you want to talk to him about the importance of passion, critical thought, and living life to the extent of understanding the world around you in the best way you possibly can, well just say that then.

savagemonk

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 12:39 pm
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
Well the answer which I will provide is more than likely not what you are looking for but it is my experience.

Philosophy, as a whole, is a joke. A very very long joke with a somewhat fuzzy punch line. It is true that nothing is ever resolved and it is true that we just keep spinning our gears trying to find answers to questions which have no real answers.

But what philosophy IS good for is the process. Critical thought is one of the most important things in the world next to passion. When you combine the two, you can accomplish almost anything. Philosophy is a practice. It was never truly intended to unlock all of the secrets of the universe. The universe is too massive for one subject to encompass it all. No, instead, philosophy was intended to be a jump point of sorts. A place to start. A place to expand until you had the necessary knowledge, wisdom, and understanding to find the answers on your own.

If you want to talk to him about philosophy then don't waste your time. If you want to talk to him about the importance of passion, critical thought, and living life to the extent of understanding the world around you in the best way you possibly can, well just say that then.
Thank you that actually explained quite a bit. I never could word it properly in my own words. It always sounded like a rant of some soap box profit in a down town street. Thank you again for simplifying it for me. I am beginning to get the hang of the difference in critical thinking and complicated thinking lol.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 04:21:28