Lucid dream of time shift to a former time in South Africa

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Lucid dream of time shift to a former time in South Africa

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 09:08 pm
Forum,

I would like to relate a lucid dream I had the other night. I involves time, I found myself on a ox wagon amongst the Afrikaner people also know as Boers (farmers) These people left the Cape off good hope after British occupation and trekked north to find new territory much the same as the American pioneers that went south on mule trains..

They called themselves Voortrekkers meaning those that track forward. They were a very religious people of great courage and faced much of the same hardship of their American counterparts.

Where the American pioneers sometimes faced hostile Native Americans, so did these people face an even fearser-
opponents in the native Africans such as the Zulu tribe of warriors

I was on one of these ox wagons perfectly aware that it was not a memory of some previous life, but that I was somehow experience a sort of time shift,

As I can understand Afrikaans, even this early dialogue, I could hear what they were saying and even singing... Then the wagon train came across eight lions (in those days lions could be found everywhere in South Africa.)

Somehow I found myself sitting and leaning against an adult male lion, I was terrified.. The people began to shoot at the lions with their ancient flint lock type rifles killing a few lions but not the lion that I leaned against
This lion could have hit me with his great paw but he did not and ran off into the high grass plain

Then the scene chanced completely, I found myself of a train pulled by a steam engine. This train I think ran from Durban to Johannesburg. What excited me was that I saw Johannesburg in multicolor exactly as it was over a hundred years ago. Old Victorian style building, African peoples hovels etc

It was snowing in Johannesburg a very very rare event in this then gold digger town. Suddenly the train arrived at Randfontein the gold mining town where I was born and someone even pointed out the exact hospital (Randfontein Hospital) This somehow moved me to tears

I will try to find out what years Johannesburg had snow during the early 10 th or late 19th centuries, maybe I can come up with something
All of us got off this time travel train and we were asked whether we thought life was better then or now in the present. Most people to my surprise said modern life was much better

Then I woke up and wrote this down

Have any of you guys had this sort of time shift lucid dream

Alan

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Lucid dream of time shift to a former time in South Africa
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 01:30:54