When Do Guys Mature?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Poseidon

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 03:14 pm
@xXKanpekiXx,
The more mature you are, the more immature everyone else will seem.

Genuine maturity, should realise this, and then get used to it.
Of course, when you do so, then everyone else will seem even more immature;
its a vicious circle.

Much like it is with wealth, and education, and in fact any positive attribute. The more you are/have, the worse the rest of it appears - and the more they hate you for it.

This is why the concept of 'grace' is so vital.

And also :
'unless you are as a child, you may not enter the kingdom of God'.

One has to have a flexible personality, to be able to play with those that are childish, in a child-like manner.

I believe this is why Christ allowed his own crucifixion, it was a statement of humbleness, much like when an adult falls over in play-fighting to allow the toddler to 'win the fight'.

nameless

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 03:31 pm
@Poseidon,
Poseidon;45544 wrote:

Unless one is 'projecting', seeing oneself in 'others'.

Quote:
its a vicious circle.

And who sees himself as 'immature'?
'Immature' has a (evolutionally and genetically) negative connotation.

Quote:
with those that are childish, in a child-like manner.

'Childlike' is, of course, very different, in connotation, than 'childish!
'Childlike' = perceiving existence with joy and wonder..
'Childish' = painting poop pictures on granny's newly painted wall...

Catchabula

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 03:57 pm
@Poseidon,
Poseidon wrote:

its a vicious circle.

Much like it is with wealth, and education, and in fact any positive attribute. The more you are/have, the worse the rest of it appears - and the more they hate you for it.

This is why the concept of 'grace' is so vital.

And also :

One has to have a flexible personality, to be able to play with those that are childish, in a child-like manner.

I believe this is why Christ allowed his own crucifixion, it was a statement of humbleness, much like when an adult falls over in play-fighting to allow the toddler to 'win the fight'.

You are right. What always strikes me in this Forum is how noble and lofty the minds are. Thanks to the Power of their Intellect and the Strenght of their Character, but most of all through their Immense Love for mankind, many around here went beyond maturity: they have reached Enlightenment, they possess True Wisdom! For ordinary humans like me it is often difficult to conceive what True Wisdom means; I imagine it some semi-divine state, looking at the world from an immense height, a bit like Zarathustra or God Himself, smiling softly at the play of His children. Yet the Wise are also very humble, so admirably simple, so meek, so free of frustrations... Should there ever be better and more impartial Judges than philosophers? I'm just a child among children but the true philosophers here have my deepest admiration; they must become our leaders, in every sense of the word! Yes, grace, grace there is, but there's also pain behind that soft and tired smile, and I have caused it, my unworthy acts, my empty words. And they answer with the Purest Love! Blessed be, blessed be.. Oh, that Grace, that Grace...!

Poseidon

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 04:55 pm
@xXKanpekiXx,
Quote:

And who sees himself as 'immature'?

the person who understands this
Quote:

So the quest for maturity which ignores the 'child within' is the one who is immature, as they can not herald their own immaturity as a necesary component of maturity.

Those who deny their own immaturity, are, like you say, those who never see themselves as 'immature', and thus the subconscious inner child takes over when they least want or expect it to.

The mind is ironic, paradoxical, mystical.

Catchabula

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:28 pm
@Poseidon,
Hm yes. ironic... indeed. And we are all very very different.
The bizarre brainwave-interference patterns that I'm giving myself here are the closest I will ever come to Satori.
So: thanks? Well, why not? Misunderstandings are offering chances.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:17:57