Questions of Spirituality

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Khethil

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 10:16 am
@Catchabula,
Hey Catch,

Catchabula wrote:
Hm Khethil, I must be tired. But doesn't that also include a pig with ten legs? It's highly improbable somebody will ever see that, and yet...

Sure, why not?

Catchabula wrote:
And how about the devil, evil, whatever? Can there be a spirituality of Evil?

Why, I'd think all of these could be couched under the collective terminology "spirituality" Yes? No?

Catchabula

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:08 pm
@Khethil,

nameless

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:45 pm
@Icon,
Icon;45156 wrote:
I was approached by a friend recently who told me that he was very confused about his spirituality. He told me that he wanted to meet with me later this week so that we could talk.

I'd first have him define what he means by his 'spirituality'. Just to be on the same page, and to help him think and focus. Appropriate (teaching) questioning will lead him to his own mind for 'understanding'.

"If a teacher is indeed wise, he does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind." - Kahil Gibran

Perhaps you could help him focus on the Now! and discern what 'path' of 'self discovery' he is already treading upon. He must, like us all, do our own 'footwork' and pay our own dues. Perhaps the Buddhist meditative disciplines, or the Sufi ecstatic dancing practice, or Xtianity, or magic, or??? It is a matter of who he is, Now! and Now! and Now!!! Perhaps you can mirror that to him? Thats about all you can do to 'help'? 'Locate' with him!

Quote:
How do you define spirituality?

What i have observed is that 'spirituality' is a 'feeling' (all wavey and woooo-ooo-ooo surrealistic feeling) that the ego identifies with a 'deity'.
Perhaps i cannot sdefine it as anything else as I see it as nothing else. I have no experience of 'spirits' in any other context.

Rev Anarchist

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 11:25 pm
@Icon,
What i spirituality?
I would say something that can only be defined (if at all), only for ones self through one's own experiences, influences, inner chemical and physiological inner workings, relationships, etc.

Perhaps the next time you talk to your friend, maybe try to and ask that person to examine his or her own experiences. The moments that "made their life", good or bad.
The intense-est (did i just make that up? and if so, why isn't it a real word XD ?), feelings, experiences. Although perhaps as Icon said, it is created. Or maybe some spirituality is "false", or subjective.

Regardless, if one feels it (whatever that may be, perhaps diff for every individual, experience it, then to that individual it is "Reality" it is being experienced, in his or her scope of awareness, then so be it. I feel that spirituality is a totally subjective matter, however at the same time, can have many shared elements to the concept.

This is all really rushed, sorry.
Take care,
Peace and Love
Namaste

~ Rev. Anarchist

William

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 08:24 am
@Rev Anarchist,
Spiritually is the joy and love of life. Period. If you are lucky enough to encounter a spiritual person, you will know it. And you will not find them in a church. They are indeed rare. They appreciate all that life has to offer and make no demands on it whatsoever. They are a part of life and are harmonious with it. In that harmony all they will ever need will be made known to them in the natural order of there existence. They are dependent on no one, nor do they need to be. They are unassuming, quiet and low profile. That's why I say if you ever encounter one you will know it. But you can't go looking for them. You will never find them. I have been lucky. I have known two in my life. What is so amazing, is they aren't even aware of their spirituality. They are truly charmed people. They are what we are meant to be. Now how do we become that. That's what I have been talking about since my very first post. You see, IMO, we are spiritual beings endowed with a body, not a body seeking spirituality. It's just physical being kinda through us for a loop and we lost touch with that soul which is who we are.
William

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 11:58:27