Novus Ordo Seclorum

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Joe

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 08:46 pm
@Pangloss,
Has anyone even heard of NAFTA and The North American Union and the Amero?

manored

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:21 am
@Abolitionist,
I have already heard of all, but remember the meaning of none Smile

Joe

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:35 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
I have already heard of all, but remember the meaning of none Smile

Meaningful? who knows. But indeed if you learn something, then you already knew it. What is left is Repression.

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:36 am
@Joe,
Joe wrote:
Has anyone even heard of NAFTA and The North American Union and the Amero?

NAFTA = trade agreement between North American countries. The North American Union and the Amero = what are things that won't happen for $500.

Joe

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:38 am
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus wrote:
NAFTA = trade agreement between North American countries. The North American Union and the Amero = what are things that won't happen for $500.

i sure hope not. But money is funny. no what I mean?

hammersklavier

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 02:57 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Actually, the phrase means "New Order of the Ages". You are correct in translating annuit coeptis.

That's my bad. I thought secular derived from whatever the root of seclorum is (seclus? seclum?)

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 03:56 pm
@hammersklavier,
And it might be derived from seclorum, I really don't know about that. I've heard PhDs say that the phrase means "New Secular Order"; anyone can make a mistake.

Bonaventurian

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:04 pm
@Abolitionist,
Quote:
Annuit Coeptis (the eye favors our undertaking)

and

Novus Ordo Seclorum (New World Order)

---------------

I'd like to get your thoughts about what this message is intended to mean on the back of the US dollar bill.

Why world order and not American or US order?

Seems ironic now with the decline of US world power and the devaluing of the dollar.

Novus Ordo Seclorum: Seclorum is an eleison (sp?) of "saeculorum." The phrase literally means "The New Order of the Ages." It's a good phrase to sum up the US, given the "environment" so to speak in which the US was born. Many of the rights which we take for granted simply weren't respected in those days...for example, the right of the people to govern themselves.

Annuit coeptis: These things having been begun, (He) approves. The "He" here is the Divine "He," referring to God.

hammersklavier

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 01:39 pm
@Bonaventurian,
Just to correct your spelling: elision.

Bonaventurian

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 12:39 pm
@hammersklavier,
hammersklavier wrote:
Just to correct your spelling: elision.

Yeah, I knew I spelled that wrongly.

hammersklavier

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 01:00 pm
@Abolitionist,
I figured that's what that question mark meant.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 11:27:17