Novus Ordo Seclorum

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Novus Ordo Seclorum

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:22 pm
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/stopmonsanto/AnnuitCoeptis.gif
http://www.silver-investor.com/charlessavoie/images/cs_may05f.jpg

Annuit Coeptis (the eye favors our undertaking)

and

Novus Ordo Seclorum (New World Order)

---------------

I'd like to get your thoughts about what this message is intended to mean on the back of the US dollar bill.

Why world order and not American or US order?

Seems ironic now with the decline of US world power and the devaluing of the dollar.

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/dku-59.jpg

my precious

VideCorSpoon

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 09:42 pm
@Abolitionist,
It means Tom Hanks has another chance to win an Oscar in "The DaVinci Code 2: Illuminati Gone Wild."

Seriously though, isn't this a masonic interpretation for the "new world order" conceived by the modern Illuminati in 1776 to symbolize the multi-tiered orders of masonic lodges united as a single government with the capstone unplaced because the overall masonic vision has yet to be completed? Nicholas Cage makes it very clear that if the pyramid is completed, Benjamin Franklin will not get his wings and international distribution rights will be cut in half by sub-standard local distribution..

I also believe that the militant wing of the Illuminati, the Shriners, intend to enforce the will of the Illuminati with red fezzes and small, hilariously sized cars.

But how is this ironic with the decline of the US and the US dollar? Does the pyramid symbolize the failure the lending market, sub-prime mortages, and the volitility of the global currency market? Last time I checked, all currencies arent doing too well. Are the Illuminati responsible?

Also, why has the Illuminati gained so much attention among conspiracy theorists and no one even mentions the Medici's anymore? What about the Bush's??? Thats the biggest conspiracy of them all... how in the heck is that family intertwined with upper level politics??? Because they were orginally decendants of the mayflower pilgrims????? C'mon...

Abolitionist

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:45 am
@VideCorSpoon,
VideCorSpoon wrote:
Seriously though, isn't this a masonic interpretation for the "new world order" conceived by the modern Illuminati in 1776 to symbolize the multi-tiered orders of masonic lodges united as a single government with the capstone unplaced because the overall masonic vision has yet to be completed?

I also believe that the militant wing of the Illuminati, the Shriners, intend to enforce the will of the Illuminati with red fezzes and small, hilariously sized cars.

But how is this ironic with the decline of the US and the US dollar? Does the pyramid symbolize the failure the lending market, sub-prime mortages, and the volitility of the global currency market? Last time I checked, all currencies arent doing too well. Are the Illuminati responsible?

Also, why has the Illuminati gained so much attention among conspiracy theorists and no one even mentions the Medici's anymore? What about the Bush's??? Thats the biggest conspiracy of them all... how in the heck is that family intertwined with upper level politics??? Because they were orginally decendants of the mayflower pilgrims????? C'mon...

Have you noticed that of all investment firms the Rothschild group is doing exceedingly well? It's interesting to hear the many politicians openly call for a new world order and a new financial world order in the public media.

The Masons are in most governments now at the highest levels, even Japan. So why are they so vivid only on the US dollar - is it meant to signify the use of the USA to bring about the new world order?

It's interesting to remember Hitler's quote about how the Nazis with help from the secret societies would take over America from within. Either he was a good guessor or he had foreknowledge of project paperclip.

The old MI:5 and IAO symbols are revealing about the level of masonic control in government.

Apparently congress has been determined to be the cause of the world financial catastrophe through surprisingly weak laws when they were forewarned, almost as if they allowed it to happen.

Like Cheney allowed the plane to crash into the pentagon.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 01:52 am
@Abolitionist,
Abolitionist wrote:
Have you noticed that of all investment firms the Rothschild group is doing exceedingly well? It's interesting to hear the many politicians openly call for a new world order and a new financial world order in the public media.

Currently, only Rit Cap PLC is doing precariously well in anything associated with the Rothschild group. In fact, a great majority of their stocks have been undervalued for more than 5 consecutive quarters, making them low value stocks (-$10). But Rothschild is small potatoes compared to Berkshire Hathaway.

That some politicians call for a new world order and new financial world, they are talking more about reform than an entirely new system, unless you are talking about movements like the Lega Nor movement in Italy for example. Usually, the only politicians that talk like that are third world countries with little relevance to the global community at large.

Abolitionist wrote:
The Masons are in most governments now at the highest levels, even Japan. So why are they so vivid only on the US dollar - is it meant to signify the use of the USA to bring about the new world order?
Abolitionist wrote:
It's interesting to remember Hitler's quote about how the Nazis with help from the secret societies would take over America from within. Either he was a good guessor or he had foreknowledge of project paperclip.
Abolitionist wrote:
The old MI:5 and IAO symbols are revealing about the level of masonic control in government.

The only thing they all share is a love of triangles and pyramids. I could say the same thing about Pink Floyd and the US department of agriculture's new food pyramid.

Abolitionist wrote:
Apparently congress has been determined to be the cause of the world financial catastrophe through surprisingly weak laws when they were forewarned, almost as if they allowed it to happen.
Abolitionist wrote:
Like Cheney allowed the plane to crash into the pentagon.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 02:51 am
@VideCorSpoon,
I do not know Latin (though, I'm starting Latin I this semester and am thoroughly excited about the class), but I was told by someone who does know the language (PhD in English and Latin was his language) that "Novus Ordo Seclorum" means "New Order of the Ages" which simply implies that the nation being referred to is an innovation, a progressive step in government as opposed to a an order that governs the world.

MuseEvolution

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:56 am
@Abolitionist,
You're right, Didymos, it does translate to "New Order of the Ages."

So many documentaries (professional and independent) have been made about all this, and are readily accessible on YouTube, I don't feel the need to really get into it all. But I do recommend everyone do some personal research.

Not all of the theories are crackpot ones, and many are very well stated.

I will mention only this: The Federal Reserve is neither federal, nor is it a reserve.

Pangloss

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 11:05 am
@Abolitionist,
According to my latin dictionary, it should actually be something like "New Order of the World(s)" or "New Order of the Universe(s)".

Does this imply a conspiracy? No, it was just a cool latin phrase to stick on our currency...

Abolitionist

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:50 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
I do not know Latin (though, I'm starting Latin I this semester and am thoroughly excited about the class), but I was told by someone who does know the language (PhD in English and Latin was his language) that "Novus Ordo Seclorum" means "New Order of the Ages" which simply implies that the nation being referred to is an innovation, a progressive step in government as opposed to a an order that governs the world.

you're right "new order of the ages" would be more literal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novus_Ordo_Seclorum ;

"The word seclorum does not mean "secular", as one might assume, but is the genitive (possessive) plural form of the word saeculum, meaning (in this context) generation, century, or age. Saeculum did come to mean "age, world" in late, Christian Latin, and "secular" is derived from it, through secularis. However, the adjective "secularis," meaning "worldly," is not equivalent to the nominative plural possessive "seclorum," meaning "of the ages."

though I can see where the idea comes from

I think another reason for that translation by conspiracy theorists is that the phrase "new world order" has been repeated so often by prominent politicians in the US and European countries.

the context it was used in varies, however some instances have been explicit about the implementation of globalist policies, George Herbert-Walker Bush's speech is a good example of this;

YouTube - New World Order

Abolitionist

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 07:07 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
VideCorSpoon wrote:
Currently, only Rit Cap PLC is doing precariously well in anything associated with the Rothschild group. In fact, a great majority of their stocks have been undervalued for more than 5 consecutive quarters, making them low value stocks (-$10). But Rothschild is small potatoes compared to Berkshire Hathaway.

Despite economic meltdown, Rothschild posts record profits Aftermath News

Rothschild Investment Banking Posts Record Results: What's Their Secret? -- Seeking Alpha

VideCorSpoon wrote:
That some politicians call for a new world order and new financial world, they are talking more about reform than an entirely new system

how do you know this? I'm sure it's true in some cases, in some cases they are definately calling for a new globalism formulated away from public eyes

VideCorSpoon wrote:

yeah, US world approval is not good right now...

Woodrow Wilson, a 32nd degree Scottish Rite freemason is responsible for the dollar bill design (not the actual art but having it put on the dollar)

I'll have to lookup references for evidence of the membership of foreign dignitaries within the Masonic organizations

VideCorSpoon wrote:

do a search on wikipedia, you're going to be very surprised of what you find 8)

they took Nazi scientists, some of them who had been involved in torturous human experiments and were avowed Nazis - and brought them into the US military/industrial/intelligence system

VideCorSpoon wrote:
The only thing they all share is a love of triangles and pyramids. I could say the same thing about Pink Floyd and the US department of agriculture's new food pyramid.

America was largely run by Masons initially this is public knowledge.

Nowadays you'll find the elite at places like the Bilderberg group, CFR, and Trilateral commission. Not to mention Bohemian grove.

VideCorSpoon wrote:

I knew it!!!!

but seriously, have you seen the testimonies by witnesses who said Dick Cheney told Norad to stand down? Even though they had been conducting similar exercises (which Condoleeza Rice lied about) before 9-11, the air traffic controllers informed the military that it was not an exercise. Did Cheney know about the exercises and think it was just a drill? Or did he want to make sure that the US people would support a middle eastern war? There is alot of evidence to suggest that war in Iraq was in planning well before 9-11.

YouTube - Dick Cheney Orders NORAD To Stand Down

and the famous, smirking - 'So?!';

YouTube - DICK Cheney "SO"

meanwhile haliburton gets no bid contracts

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 12:48 am
@Abolitionist,
Haliburton having no-bod contracts is nothing new. Standard Oil damn-near owned Washington. Talk about conspiracy theories.

manored

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:25 am
@VideCorSpoon,
VideCorSpoon wrote:
Brazil is doing well... HAHAHA Smile

Just demonstrating the kind of spirit that causes wars Smile

VideCorSpoon wrote:
Project paperclip was a secret plan with a stupid name to avoid calling attention, thought it probally called even more, whose objective was to rush into germany after it surrendered and retrieve as many good german scientists as they could before the soviets did so.

Pangloss wrote:
According to my latin dictionary, it should actually be something like "New Order of the World(s)" or "New Order of the Universe(s)".

Does this imply a conspiracy? No, it was just a cool latin phrase to stick on our currency...
Im not from Usa, but I think that too... what country wouldnt like a cool and almost treating latin phrase on its currency? Smile

I think global, timeless conspiracies are myth mainly because of these facts:
1.This kind of things needs great leaders
2.Nobody lasts forever
3.Rare times in history has a great leader been succefully replaced
4.Even a great leader has difficulties preventing his followers from ruining everthing by eating the pie before its cooked.

Abolitionist

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:05 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Haliburton having no-bod contracts is nothing new. Standard Oil damn-near owned Washington. Talk about conspiracy theories.

The CFR has been openly calling for an end to American sovereignty, and not through the will of the people...

Unfortunatley, the members of the CFR include a large number of high level officials - including Obama.

Openly attacking American sovereignty: globalists are now openly revealing their true goal of submerging the United States in a world government. - Free Online Library

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:06 pm
@Abolitionist,
Depends on how one defines sovereignty. It looks to me as though these people are not trying to end our sovereignty, only trying to reinvent what sovereignty looks like in a global area to meet practical problems facing the modern nation state. Disagreeing with their proposed solutions to these problems is one thing, suggesting that they are trying to end the independence of a nation after shady politicking is quite another matter.

Regardless, corporate influence in American politics is a long standing tradition. Today, the politicians are sneakier, but there was a time when white men had no trouble electing politicians who openly advocated using military strength to stifle the voices of the poor.

Look at the title of the article you sight: what does the headline suggest? Using words such as "now", "openly" and "true" suggest that "globalists" have somehow hidden their intentions in a nasty scheme to employ their policy goals. I think you will find that people who do advocate a more international approach to governance have been openly admitting their convictions for quite some time.

Pusyphus

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:31 pm
@Abolitionist,
If that's the case, and I would agree that it is, then what would be the ultimate objective? For now, genocide (or ethnic cleansing) appears to be very high on the globalists' agenda. I would think that particular goal would become more difficult to reach, as our globalization makes such heinous activities more transparent. Help me out here.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:35 pm
@Pusyphus,
Pusyphus wrote:
If that's the case, and I would agree that it is, then what would be the ultimate objective? For now, genocide (or ethnic cleansing) appears to be very high on the globalists' agenda. I would think that particular goal would become more difficult to reach, as our globalization makes such heinous activities more transparent. Help me out here.

Addressing the occurrences of genocide does seem to be a prevalent issue for people who might be called "globalists". And I agree, addressing genocide, ending genocide, is of great importance.

I also understand the notion that increasingly global government makes conducting genocide increasingly difficult. However, I'm not sure that increasingly global government is the only solution, or even the best. The UN and EU have watched many genocides.

MuseEvolution

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 10:53 am
@Abolitionist,
I've actually had quite a few very lengthy discussions with people many would consider conspiracy theorists, and the one issue I've always found somewhat unresolved at the end of the discussions is: why? Why would TPTB (the powers that be) want to reduce America to a 3rd world nation? Why would they want to round us all up and put us in concentration camps (which many are convinced have been built already in various semi-secret locations)?

Most state that it's not for money, but for power. I've never had a whole lot of power in my life, so I don't have much first-hand experience with it, but it really seems pretty hard for me to conceive doing such things for such an intangible end (and one that can so easily be ended with a bullet or similar tool).

manored

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:18 am
@MuseEvolution,
MuseEvolution wrote:
I've actually had quite a few very lengthy discussions with people many would consider conspiracy theorists, and the one issue I've always found somewhat unresolved at the end of the discussions is: why? Why would TPTB (the powers that be) want to reduce America to a 3rd world nation? Why would they want to round us all up and put us in concentration camps (which many are convinced have been built already in various semi-secret locations)?

Most state that it's not for money, but for power. I've never had a whole lot of power in my life, so I don't have much first-hand experience with it, but it really seems pretty hard for me to conceive doing such things for such an intangible end (and one that can so easily be ended with a bullet or similar tool).
I like to call that (not really but it seens a good name) "No problem syndrome", that is, humans are so used with having serious problems to solve, like keeping the family alive, that then they dont have any serious problems to solve they invent thenselves problems, such as conspiracies, "The planet is dying" and... philosophy Smile

hammersklavier

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:25 am
@Abolitionist,
I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but novis ordo seclorum does not mean "new world order" but rather "new secular order." Also, annuit coeptis means "he [i.e., God] approves our undertaking."

There is no mention of mundus, the Latin word for "world", or oculus, "eye", in the Great Seal of the United States.

And is not the most important motto e pluribus unum, "from many, one"?

I suggest in the future you actually bother to check the meanings of these words rather than borrow them wholesale from some conspiracy theory.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 04:29 pm
@hammersklavier,
hammersklavier wrote:
I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but novis ordo seclorum does not mean "new world order" but rather "new secular order." Also, annuit coeptis means "he [i.e., God] approves our undertaking."

Actually, the phrase means "New Order of the Ages". You are correct in translating annuit coeptis.

hammersklavier wrote:

I suggest in the future you actually bother to check the meanings of these words rather than borrow them wholesale from some conspiracy theory.

That's sound advice, my friend. We should always investigate first. :a-ok:

Pangloss

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 06:03 pm
@Abolitionist,
Well, if you consult a full Latin dictionary, you will see that seclorum can be translated in many different ways; "world/universe" is the primary definition according to my dictionary. As this latin phrase was apparently coined by some American, and can not be seen in context such as with, say, Caesar's accounts of his battles, we have no idea which definition we are supposed to go with when translating it.

And really, it doesn't matter. It's a nice phrase to put on the dollar, but if some obscure phrase on the dollar is proof to you of a "new world order" conspiracy, then the words aren't going to make a difference, you will surely be able to find a conspiracy anywhere and everywhere you look. :sarcastic:

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Novus Ordo Seclorum
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 10:13:45