Smoking

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Caroline

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:35 pm
@Icon,
I've been smoking for over 20 years now and recently I have had really painful pains in my chest and I just know it's the smoking, I dread to think what my lungs are like. Now is the time to give up. Today I stop or at leat cut down alot.

---------- Post added 07-13-2009 at 01:41 AM ----------

The very thought of giving up makes me want one even more. Ok so I've had one so far and im off to out now with no cigs, see how long it takes before I crack. I've been smoking about 20 a day, most of my friends and collegues smoke so no support there! Here I go then, wish me luck, my job doesn't help but im going to try breathing techniques to calm me down, that's why people reach for the cancer sticks when they're stressed, smoking mimics deep breathing.
It feels like my throat is on fire but ahh the satisfaction.

Caroline

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:22 am
@Icon,
Ok so I've had 3 today, that's not bad, it's better then what I was on.

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:40 pm
@Icon,
Well, good luck Caroline! I had recently started smoking after kicking the habit for two years after the stress of my health problems and school. I am also trying to kick the habit again, and I am struggling. I am on my last pack, and then I am quitting cold turkey. The first week is rough, but then it gets easier every day. My advice, practice deep breathing when you feel the urge to smoke.

Caroline

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:47 pm
@Icon,
Thank you T.Smile Good luck to you too. I've had 3 today and my throat has just stopped burning and im really enjoying that my chest has stopped hurting, ive been bouncing around because I dont get out of breath anymore. I walk alot and I lose my breath whilst talking on the phone too and I didn't feel it so bad today. I still feel a bit flemmy in the throat. I want one now but I hope I wont, the burning feeling hasn't entirely left my mouth and lungs yet. I only had 3 yesterday, (I started yesterday), the day before I probably had about 25, so it's good for me, I have to do it this time because I swear it's a real painful death for me else. I have to lock out my friends though.

Caroline

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 12:33 am
@Icon,
Ok so I wake up with no horrible mouth, no chest pains, no wheezing and I want to keep it like it, today im stuck in the office and that's the hardest time because going out for a fag gives me a break, i'll have to go out for fresh air now!

xris

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 07:51 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;77357 wrote:
Ok so I wake up with no horrible mouth, no chest pains, no wheezing and I want to keep it like it, today im stuck in the office and that's the hardest time because going out for a fag gives me a break, i'll have to go out for fresh air now!
keep it up caroline its worth it, i can assure you.remember the desire only lasts for thirty seconds at a time.I smoked for years and my tubes got damaged,just do it now dont wait.I know its damned hard but i know you can do it.

Caroline

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:58 am
@Icon,
Thank you xris, i've had 2 and a half today, not bad for me. I will keep it up, a neighbour gave me some patches today, i think im going to wear about ten, im a bit ratty especially when things go wrong but these things are sent to test us right, i really want one but shant. Sorry to hear about your tubes.

Caroline

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 01:07 pm
@Icon,
It feels really good/healthy and the thought of smoking repells me then the next minute i want one. Im wearing a patch so I think that maybe helping.

xris

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 01:49 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;77448 wrote:
It feels really good/healthy and the thought of smoking repells me then the next minute i want one. Im wearing a patch so I think that maybe helping.
curse them ,call them names ,hate them,hate is a good incentive ,how can you desire something you hate....I detest them even now filthy disgusting things, how can you enjoy those smelly horrid bits of brown leaves?They make your clothes and breath stink and reduce you to sniveling brat,hate, hate, I hate them..

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:19:27