Banned from TalkJesus.com - Obama

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Pangloss

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:43 pm
@xris,
xris;31790 wrote:
The only stsaement i am making is that certain leaders came from nowhere and turned out to be amazing in their own right..good or bad..if you wish to make more of it, its your predisposal not my intention..

So you don't realize that comparing Obama to, say, Abraham Lincoln (both being "unknowns") is a bit different from comparing him to Jesus or Hitler?

It's the same predisposition that any educated person will have when reading this comparison, due to the famous historical events surrounding both Jesus and Hitler.

Poseidon

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:13 pm
@PsmayKR,
The amazing thing is, that John the Baptist was actually beheaded because he did not have freedom of speech.

But I do agree with Chad on the infanticide thing. I am hoping that Obama will see the light about this.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 05:50 pm
@xris,
Infanticide? Aedes, can we get a knowledgeable medical perspective to break this claim; I'm afraid my handling will be clumsy.

Election night was a blast. Me and the crew partied late into the night. About two in the morning, however, things turned sour. I'll omit all of the details, but essentially I witnessed some remarkable acts of racism. There exists a significant minority of people who, due to their radical ideology, are extremely, violently upset about the election results. Obama's victory is a milestone, a testament to our ability as a nation to move forward and improve. Obama's victory is also a polarizing event, pushing racists and the most extreme fundamentalists into increasingly remote corners of our social universe. This is dangerous. The more isolated extremists become, the more dangerous they become.

So, I suggest we try to develop some unity with our nation's racists and extreme fundamentalists. For all of our sake, we need to come together in spite of disagreement. This responsibility is ours - yours if you are not one of those racists or extreme fundamentalists. We have to make the effort to reach out to the angry. Put the power of moral example to work, folks. When you see hate, send some love.

BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:12 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
I have slight understanding of medical and genetics and over and under laying as well...

Absolutely Didymos:)

After all we are under the sun.....

Diversity In Action

Yours in Guanine, Adenine, Thymine,Cytosine,
-Marc

Welcome to the Stairway to heaven.....
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/ADN_animation.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:ADN_animation.gif

-TRoN

Didymos Thomas wrote:
Infanticide? Aedes, can we get a knowledgeable medical perspective to break this claim; I'm afraid my handling will be clumsy.

Election night was a blast. Me and the crew partied late into the night. About two in the morning, however, things turned sour. I'll omit all of the details, but essentially I witnessed some remarkable acts of racism. There exists a significant minority of people who, due to their radical ideology, are extremely, violently upset about the election results. Obama's victory is a milestone, a testament to our ability as a nation to move forward and improve. Obama's victory is also a polarizing event, pushing racists and the most extreme fundamentalists into increasingly remote corners of our social universe. This is dangerous. The more isolated extremists become, the more dangerous they become.

So, I suggest we try to develop some unity with our nation's racists and extreme fundamentalists. For all of our sake, we need to come together in spite of disagreement. This responsibility is ours - yours if you are not one of those racists or extreme fundamentalists. We have to make the effort to reach out to the angry. Put the power of moral example to work, folks. When you see hate, send some love.

Pangloss

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:33 pm
@PsmayKR,
Didymos Thomas;31887 wrote:

Maybe Obama should have taken Dave Chappelle's advice and picked Bill Richardson as his VP:

Quote:
"I could be the first black president. I mean I don't think anyone would hurt me; some people might want to hurt me, but I don't think they'd touch me. Because my vice president would be Mexican for a little 'insurance.' I mean you can shoot me, but you're just gonna open up the border."

This was pretty funny when it was a hypothetical situation in stand-up comedy, but now things are a bit more serious.

The "dangerous radicals" are out there; we recently read about those two guys in tennessee who had a half-baked plan to assassinate Obama along with other blacks (they seemed hateful enough to do it). There was also this threat made by a high-ranking KKK member:

Obama Assassination

I'm all for encouraging mutual respect-- we can disagree but shouldn't hate. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do to stop these types of extremists, save for letting education and experience show them not to judge others as inferior from a young age, or beefing up security to prevent their plots once they are older and set in their ways.

I don't agree with a lot of Obama's stances, neither do I agree with McCain's. Yet, like I think many others in my position are, I am eager to see what he actually will do in office now that he has won it, and at least can celebrate the inherent achievement in a black man becoming president. Even though I think many voters are uninformed and chose Obama for the wrong reasons, this signifies that the country has made progress against the racism of slavery that has lingered in this country since its inception. Now, about 150 years after black people were last considered to be only property in this country, one has become the leader of the executive branch...

I hope the extremists can be caught before they succeed in taking matters into their own hands. As for changing their minds, I wouldn't bet on it.

BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:37 pm
@Pangloss,
Let me explain something....

Their is LAW in jail......And on the streets..

Who ever should try...They would wish they were dead.......They would beg to die!

-BaC 鬼抜

the Tigers may not be the king of the jungle, but these striped cats are no softies! Magnetic and self-possessed, Tigers are born leaders. They have an air of authority that prompts others to fall in line, which is exactly how they like it. Although they are magnetically charming and fun to be around, Tigers like to go it alone sometimes too. A Tiger's main interest is in following its ambitions -- and maintaining control. Tigers are courageous beyond compare and generally come out ahead in battle, be it in the boardroom or the bedroom. Seduction is one area where the Tiger is definitely king! Noble and warm-hearted, Tigers have a natural, raw appeal that's extremely attractive to other Signs. They're not just about attraction, though; ever on the side of right, Tigers will fight the good fight to the bitter end if the cause is worthy. Opponents are wise to fear this feline.
A bit of caution is a good thing around Tigers, since they can pounce without warning. They experience mood swings and often feel things more intensely than others, the latter quality being both good and bad. They can react poorly under stress and are prone to emotional outbursts. This Sign's bristling sensitivity can send friend and foe running for cover.
A lesson that Tigers would be well-served to learn is moderation in all things. Once these cats can find their center and direct their considerable energies toward worthwhile endeavors (as opposed to racing through life), they will accomplish much.

Pangloss wrote:
Maybe Obama should have taken Dave Chappelle's advice and picked Bill Richardson as his VP:

This was pretty funny when it was a hypothetical situation in stand-up comedy, but now things are a bit more serious.

The "dangerous radicals" are out there; we recently read about those two guys in tennessee who had a half-baked plan to assassinate Obama along with other blacks (they seemed hateful enough to do it). There was also this threat made by a high-ranking KKK member:

Obama Assassination

I'm all for encouraging mutual respect-- we can disagree but shouldn't hate. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do to stop these types of extremists, save for letting education and experience show them not to judge others as inferior from a young age, or beefing up security to prevent their plots once they are older and set in their ways.

I don't agree with a lot of Obama's stances, neither do I agree with McCain's. Yet, like I think many others in my position are, I am eager to see what he actually will do in office now that he has won it, and at least can celebrate the inherent achievement in a black man becoming president. Even though I think many voters are uninformed and chose Obama for the wrong reasons, this signifies that the country has made progress against the racism of slavery that has lingered in this country since its inception. Now, about 150 years after black people were last considered to be only property in this country, one has become the leader of the executive branch...

I hope the extremists can be caught before they succeed in taking matters into their own hands. As for changing their minds, I wouldn't bet on it.

Pangloss

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:46 pm
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi;31900 wrote:
Let me explain something....

Their is LAW in jail......And on the streets..

Who ever should try...They would wish they were dead.......They would beg to die!

Right. I don't consider racist gangs in the street and prisons to be upholding or abiding by any type of "law". Surely somebody who would actually make such an attempt would know that it would probably be their last action or last free action made in this world...that hasn't stopped these nuts in the past, and it apparently wasn't going to stop the 2 guys in tennessee who were planning to die violently at the end of their rampage.

BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:56 pm
@Pangloss,
Racist??????????????????????????

WTF..lol

Be wary of the Tiger my friend.lol

So you indeed believe a white man would shoot him?

I don't see color my friend...I see people...Yet my Eye is wide open!

-Marc Ricciardi
Pangloss wrote:
Right. I don't consider racist gangs in the street and prisons to be upholding or abiding by any type of "law". Surely somebody who would actually make such an attempt would know that it would probably be their last action or last free action made in this world...that hasn't stopped these nuts in the past, and it apparently wasn't going to stop the 2 guys in tennessee who were planning to die violently at the end of their rampage.

Pangloss

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:29 pm
@PsmayKR,
What in the hell are you ranting about? Please try to make some sense if you desire a response.

Justin

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:34 pm
@PsmayKR,
Thread is becoming off topic. Every conversation in philosophy leads to another and another. Please do your best to keep threads on topic or open a new thread with a descriptive title.

This thread was re-opened and is being monitored. :bigsmile:

socrato

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:14 pm
@Justin,
I was talking to my minister about this and he is sickened by it. He said (and I agree) that is it degrading to the Christian community to not accept another faith, even atheism. I will never understand you atheists and not picking a religion. There are tones out there.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:49 pm
@socrato,
Your minister has a bit of wisdom about him. Faith is a personal thing, something that the individual must embark upon. If some strain of Christianity works for you, bless you on your path. If it's Buddhism, Hinduism, or atheism or anything else, bless you on your path. We all have our own path to walk.

jgweed

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 06:02 am
@PsmayKR,
Christianity and intolerance, Christianity and stupidity are not necessarily religious handmaidens.

manored

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:03 am
@PsmayKR,
A strong trait of a religious person is usually inflexibility of mind regarding religion, because most of religions teach than even thinking about the possibility of the religion being wrong is a sin. Then after decades with that thinking it becomes pretty much impossible to change it.

So then religious persons come up complaining about things than seen to be fine to atheists/agnostics, these have no option but to just keep hammering the political nail, trying to convince the religious persons is probally harder Smile

Edit: Ops... tread has 4 pages, not one Smile I hope I didnt repeat anything...

BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:14 am
@manored,
Wait a minute here..

atheists/agnostics <--they are NOT the same....

Atheists believe in nothing...
Agnostics believe in a higher order..just not sure what it is...

Fate/Faith is a personal endeavor, god does work in mysterious ways..

Even in the same congregation, each person has a different belief...

-Marc

manored wrote:
A strong trait of a religious person is usually inflexibility of mind regarding religion, because most of religions teach than even thinking about the possibility of the religion being wrong is a sin. Then after decades with that thinking it becomes pretty much impossible to change it.

So then religious persons come up complaining about things than seen to be fine to atheists/agnostics, these have no option but to just keep hammering the political nail, trying to convince the religious persons is probally harder Smile

Edit: Ops... tread has 4 pages, not one Smile I hope I didnt repeat anything...

BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:17 am
@socrato,
Have to agree here:)

Give you Minister a hug for me please:)))<--Yes they love hugs too!:a-ok:

Go up to him...and hug him...then say..Someone asked me to give you that:)

-Marc
socrato wrote:
I was talking to my minister about this and he is sickened by it. He said (and I agree) that is it degrading to the Christian community to not accept another faith, even atheism. I will never understand you atheists and not picking a religion. There are tones out there.

manored

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:04 am
@PsmayKR,
I didnt meant they are the same, I meant that they usually have similar positions.

Agnostics arent people that believe in god but dont know what it is, they are people that believe you cant know if god exists or not, so you cannot assume any position.

xris

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:22 am
@manored,
Atheists in my experience are less open minded but then again it does depend on the individual.

BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:24 am
@manored,
Absolutely:) Agreed...

-BaC
manored wrote:
I didnt meant they are the same, I meant that they usually have similar positions.

Agnostics arent people that believe in god but dont know what it is, they are people that believe you cant know if god exists or not, so you cannot assume any position.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:00 pm
@BaCaRdi,
You cannot generalize about the open mindedness of the theist, agnostic or atheist. Each group contains an immense number of diverse people.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:06:32