Banned from TalkJesus.com - Obama

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Banned from TalkJesus.com - Obama

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

PsmayKR

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 07:50 am
Can you believe after making a comment stating that a person supported Obama on a christian network was banned for saying they voted for him? it was on a network called "TalkJesus.com". There was definitely no Jesus love shown toward the banned person. This happened because of this post supposedly posted by the administrator. I guess he got offended or something. I thinks it was just wrong. People have the right to share their opinion Agree?

Here is the administrator's, (TalkJesus.com) post

1. He supports infanticide, literally!
2. His spiritual mentor for 20 years has been Jeremiah Wright whom Obama personally chose out of many Chicago pastors. It strains credibility that he didn't know about Wright's views. He listened to tapes of Rev. Wright when he was at Harvard Law! So why did he choose him and stick with him for so long? The only possible explanation is that he approved of Wright's tirades.
3. He is a close friend of William Ayers and Bernadine Dorhn, unrepentant Weather Underground terrorists.
4. He is a target for assassination, not because he is black but because he is a Muslim apostate, according to devout Muslims around the world. Therefore, he cannot be a good Chief Diplomat to the Middle East.
5. He was mentored by a communist.
6. His economic plan will harm the US economy and create more fiscal irresponsibility with the Congressional Budget. Why do we want to return to the days of Jimmy Carter?
7. He is in favor of unilateral disarmament, leaving America defenseless against its enemies.
8. He is unaccomplished. He hasn't really done anything of worth relative to the office of the US presidency. He's only been in the Senate for about two years (assumed in office Jan of 2005 and announced his candidacy for the presidency in Feb 2007). One can't be simultaneously a full-time senator and a full-time presidential candidate. Soon he will have campaigned for almost as long as he has been in the Senate.
9. He is willing to personally meet with hostile dictators like Hugo Chavez and Ahmadinejad with no preconditions. They don't deserve such a privilege of meeting the President of the USA. Reagan negotiated from a position of strength, when he thought he could gain something. What does Obama hope to gain?
10. Three other people: Tony Rezko, Eric Holder, Jim Johnson. Why does Obama associate with such shady characters?

Aedes

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:01 am
@PsmayKR,
Guess you missed the newscasts last night, but thanks for sharing.

By the way, when he's up for reelection in 2012, do you think these points are going to have any more traction than they did this time?

boagie

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:04 am
@PsmayKR,
Smile
To state that you will not speak to those whom disagree with you is simply insane, try it here at the philosophy forum. Could anything be worse the a bush administration.:brickwall:

PsmayKR

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:04 am
@Aedes,
Aedes wrote:
Guess you missed the newscasts last night, but thanks for sharing.

By the way, when he's up for reelection in 2012, do you think these points are going to have any more traction than they did this time?

I didn't miss the news I'm excited that he won,but I was just wondering why someone would do this. I think in 2012 some of these points will have more traction, but not all of them.

xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:05 am
@PsmayKR,
Is this a bit of properganda on your part? i cant see your point in posting this in its entiriity..whats your honest opinion...what christian forum?

PsmayKR

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:08 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
Is this a bit of properganda on your part? i cant see your point in posting this in its entiriity..whats your honest opinion...what christian forum?

If you read the post the christian forum is listed in it. "TalkJesus.com"

My honest opinion is that people need to except what has been done. what happened in this election is something that cannot be changed. All the bad comments about Obama need to stop.The election is over and he is president. There isn't anything we can do to change that.

xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:23 am
@PsmayKR,
Sorry to be suspicious but i dont trust any fundie christians...and it wont stop till we rid the world of fundie attitudes...my crusade continues..i might just take a visit..

PsmayKR

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:26 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
Sorry to be suspicious but i dont trust any fundie christians...and it wont stop till we rid the world of fundie attitudes...my crusade continues..i might just take a visit..

Watch it you might get banned LOL!!!

William

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:39 am
@PsmayKR,
Perhaps, it's just me, but we have just elected a man to the highest position on the planet and 4 years ago, no one knew who he was.:perplexed: I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

William

Justin

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:41 am
@PsmayKR,
You may want to check out this thread discussion on TalkJesus.com. I'm assuming here that we are talking about the same forum based on what you have described above.

Seems there may be a misunderstanding because if you want to experience terrorism in the name of Jesus Christ then visit TalkJesus.com, :whistling:

BTW,

[CENTER]Congratulations Obama!
[/CENTER]

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:42 am
@PsmayKR,
I hate this conservative drivel. The amount of partisanship shown by American conservatives this election was astounding.

The treatment of Obama by conservatives could serve as a replacement for the analogy of Neurath's boat. They have literally taken so much of the real Obama and replaced it with their terrified interpretations, that the original Obama has been completely replaced in their minds with some evil overlord.

I did not vote for Obama, I do not support Obama, but:

1. I don't know how they got number 1.

2. Obama has denounced Wright, even though Wright was completely correct in his statements. His statements were pretty much that a) America has brought the terrorist attacks on themselves with ham-handed and immoral interventionist policies, b) the United States Government does not have God's support because all governments are violent liars and the US particularly has a track record of hypocrisy and violence against innocent people, including blacks, women, Japanese, Native Americans, and so on. It shows the disconnect right there that these perfectly valid criticisms are derided and not even taken seriously.

3. William Ayers is an Education professor for the University of Chicago who had lived in the same neighborhood as Obama and had worked with Obama on education reform. Hardly close friends.

4. I will point out the non-sequitor at the end of that sentence and simply state that he can be no worse than someone who openly jokes about starting war with a Islamic government in a press conference.

5. If you follow that link, you will be given the name of Frank Marshall Davis. Davis is a very impressive figure who actually opposed communism on occasion. The charge of Communism actually originated from the House Un-American Activities Commission of the 50s, when Davis and the Honolulu newspaper he was writing for was charged with being a communistic front. That anyone could still bring up McCarthyistic charges speaks volumes.

6. His economic plan is actually more responsible than that of his opponent. Obama actually has the endorsement of the Economist, a very market oriented news magazine.

7. I'm not going to bother watching this. I will assume that if the other nine points are fabrications, this will be too.

8. Considering what our government has accomplished the last 10 years, (I should point out the failings of the US government throughout its history) maybe being unaccomplished is a good thing.

9. This sort of position points out why conservatives are so dangerous. I am personally thankful that we have a president who wishes to resolve hostility with words and not bombs. Who really cares if Hugo Chavez doesn't "deserve" to meet with the president of the US? Isn't it about what is best for the American people? Don't they deserve peace?

10. We can tie either candidate to any number of corrupt political/business figures. That these would be the ones they call out actually speaks well of Obama.

PsmayKR

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:48 am
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
You may want to check out this thread discussion on TalkJesus.com. I'm assuming here that we are talking about the same forum based on what you have described above.

Seems there may be a misunderstanding because if you want to experience terrorism in the name of Jesus Christ then visit TalkJesus.com, :whistling:

BTW,

[CENTER]Congratulations Obama![/CENTER]

Wow... The information that I posted happened just yesterday on that site.

xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 09:59 am
@William,
William wrote:
Perhaps, it's just me, but we have just elected a man to the highest position on the planet and 4 years ago, no one knew who he was.:perplexed: I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

William
I sense a worried man...we knew Bush but did that help....I dont think many knew Jesus when he preached peace and love...You have the fundies who thinks Ok to bomb the enemy women and child alike but see all abortions as crime against god absolutely crazy...We should all strive for true secular nations in the democratic world, faith and goverment should be seperated...

William

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 10:14 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
I sense a worried man...we knew Bush but did that help....I dont think many knew Jesus when he preached peace and love...You have the fundies who thinks Ok to bomb the enemy women and child alike but see all abortions as crime against god absolutely crazy...We should all strive for true secular nations in the democratic world, faith and goverment should be seperated...

No, not really. But it is interesting to watch the process as political puppets battle it out. Like I said, we will just have to wait and see. Should be interesting.

William

Aedes

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 10:21 am
@William,
William;31587 wrote:
Abraham Lincoln was just as inexperienced and faced a far worse crisis. In fact Lincoln wasn't even formally educated, he taught himself to be a lawyer.

Experience is useless if it makes one a stubborn idealogue. The thing that should make you hopeful about Obama is that he's a lot more likely to listen to dissenting views, to surround himself with skillful people, and to avoid bullying foreign leaders than Bush has been. The president can't be an expert on everything -- George Washington and Ulysses S Grant and Dwight Eisenhower were former generals, John Adams was a former lawyer and political agitator, etc. The effectiveness of a president is contingent upon his ability to use his experts wisely to make informed decisions.

PsmayKR;31577 wrote:
I think in 2012 some of these points will have more traction, but not all of them.
They'll have far LESS traction, just as Bush's cocaine history and inexperience had no traction in 2004, Clinton's stuff with Whitewater and Gennifer Flowers had no traction in 1996, Bush senior's inept vice president (Quayle) was not an issue in the 1992 election.

Obama's candidacy in 2012 will be a referendum on his first term -- because he will then be experienced, and he will then have shown whether these associations (like Ayers and Wright) translate to anything visible in his presidency.

And what this means is that Republicans will have to do what they abysmally failed to do this year -- wage a campaign based on ideas, based on a consistent and contrasting vision, and based on people's real desire to have someone hopeful and optimistic in the White House. The attack and scandal stuff failed this time, it's certainly not going to be useful to the Republicans next time if Obama has a lot of achievements to his credit. I mean if Iraq is cleaned up, the economy has stabilized, the Dow is at 15,000, and the world loves us, then do you really think that Tony Rezco is going to mean anything in 2012?

xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:18 pm
@William,
William wrote:
No, not really. But it is interesting to watch the process as political puppets battle it out. Like I said, we will just have to wait and see. Should be interesting.

William
Id rather live in hope than live under the certainty that is Bush...

Pangloss

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:49 pm
@xris,
xris;31614 wrote:
I sense a worried man...we knew Bush but did that help....I dont think many knew Jesus when he preached peace and love...

Gotta love the Obama - Jesus comparisons! :rolleyes: Hey, at least Jesus performed a few miracles prior to publication...Barack's got 3 books out already, and has basically done nothing of substance in his short tenure as junior senator aside from racking up a very liberal voting record. Smile

I'm not trying to start an Obama debate here, just thought that Jesus comparison was pretty funny...with Obama vs McCain, in my opinion, it was basically a choice between two evils.

Obama got it, and it will be interesting to see what things he will actually follow through on. But it was also interesting to see his victory speech last night, where he already began to back himself down from some of the ridiculous saviour-esque claims he has been making about what he will do. He was already talking about his run for second term (paraphrased, 'some things might not even be possible to finish within one term'), and about how his plan is ambitious and a long hard road will follow. Of course the exit polls showed that obama mania is directly related to age; the older voters are not as quick to believe the idea of "change"-- they have seen this message during every major election from the party that is trying to get back into power.

As for the TalkJesus.com incident...who cares? It is a private message board, and they can do what they want. It would be nice if they would encourage dissenting viewpoints which makes for productive discussion, but obviously they have chosen not to do so. In that case, why waste your time trying to get through to them? Post somewhere else and be glad to have been banned from such a restricted environment...:a-ok:

xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:48 pm
@Pangloss,
My comparison to knowing who was known was not to infer his likeness to jesus but for he who had followed him without knowing who he really was..I take it if i referred to not knowing hitler when they voted for him would bring out a similar reply???

Pangloss

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:06 pm
@xris,
xris;31700 wrote:
My comparison to knowing who was known was not to infer his likeness to jesus but for he who had followed him without knowing who he really was..I take it if i referred to not knowing hitler when they voted for him would bring out a similar reply???

Of course. A comparison to Hitler or Jesus is inherently implying something...you can't make empty comparisons like this with two of the most famous/infamous men in history without also making a statement. Many politicians are unknowns when they are voted into office. Many presidents in the past started out this way and ended up being remembered as "good" presidents. Compare Barack to one of them, but why Jesus or Hitler, if you are not trying to make a statement?

xris

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:59 am
@Pangloss,
Pangloss wrote:
Of course. A comparison to Hitler or Jesus is inherently implying something...you can't make empty comparisons like this with two of the most famous/infamous men in history without also making a statement. Many politicians are unknowns when they are voted into office. Many presidents in the past started out this way and ended up being remembered as "good" presidents. Compare Barack to one of them, but why Jesus or Hitler, if you are not trying to make a statement?
The only stsaement i am making is that certain leaders came from nowhere and turned out to be amazing in their own right..good or bad..if you wish to make more of it, its your predisposal not my intention..

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Banned from TalkJesus.com - Obama
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:55:37