How would our world change if we could communicate with the dead

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

MITech

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 03:03 pm
@withawhy,
Is that really what the LHC is for. Hmmm I didn't know that. I thought they were going to try and create antimatter and matter by colliding particles together at a very high speed. Thus creating a universe.

Holiday20310401

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 03:13 pm
@MITech,
That was hilarious because of the ambiguous meaning I can't quite decide you were trying to convey of yourself upon to us.

Who here wants to bet rep points on the outcome of the results of the LHC? Come on who's got guts here. Laughing See its so absurd to treat rep that way so it may be taken as a joke but its unclear of whether I was serious or not.

Hey Justin there's an idea. We should have betting points. A point per win. Laughing
It's the closest thing to relevant philosophy as my dad would put it, because we'd be pondering truths that would have an ending answer, instead of "dawdling with irrelevant notions that are unanswerable anyways". (Not my IMO of course).

MITech

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 03:26 pm
@Holiday20310401,
I don't think it would be a good thing to communicate with the dead, unless you were to find some sort of relevent piece of information about the past. Then I can see it worth while.

Khethil

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 04:20 pm
@MITech,
I'd think such a conversation would be incredibly one-sided; much like they were between myself and my ex-wife.

TickTockMan

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 05:25 pm
@Afallucco,
Afallucco;28667 wrote:
They would if they would like to screw with the person's mind :bigsmile:

Oh man, I'd mess with the living constantly.

Could be they're already doing it to us though. You know . . . if you're a guy and you're talking to an attractive female and you keep hearing that voice whispering in your ear: "Psst! Dude! Your nose . . . Dude, you've got something hanging out of your nose! Seriously! You're grossing her out! Dude! You gotta fix it!!"

That's not just you talking to yourself. It's the voice of some dead guy. Screwin' with you from BEYOND.

withawhy

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 03:22 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:

Who here wants to bet rep points on the outcome of the results of the LHC? Come on who's got guts here. Laughing See its so absurd to treat rep

are there any websites or boards or anything with organized thoughts on what the lhc might find? I've love to read them

Joe

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 04:47 am
@Afallucco,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
IMO, the dead should stay dead, not personifying living qualities; and the alive should stay alive, until their time has come of course.

I like the how you said that the dead should not personify the qualities of the living. good stuff.

withawhy

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 05:58 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
IMO, the dead should stay dead, not personifying living qualities; and the alive should stay alive, until their time has come of course.

based on this logic, we should not celebrate Halloween

:bigsmile:

Joe

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 07:19 am
@withawhy,
withawhy wrote:
based on this logic, we should not celebrate Halloween

:bigsmile:

Depends if you celebrate the corporate version or the Gaelic version.

Ennui phil

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 09:14 am
@withawhy,
Why would we need to communicate with the deceased if it is inexplicable and labyrinthine now since the world is in a pandemonium of dire living calibre.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 01:11 pm
@Ennui phil,
Ticktockman,

Ha! My sentiments exactly.the ringEnnui,

Invariably, the inconsequential colloquium of discourse post-mortem necessitates the ad-hoc converse regardless of the pseudo-chaotic corporeal size incongruences.

TickTockMan

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2008 12:16 am
@VideCorSpoon,
Ha! Good one. I like your "you haunt me, and I'll haunt you back," strategy.

Movies like The Ring utterly fail to creep me out.

Dr. Wayne Dyer, however, does.

The best part of The Ring? Two words: Naomi. Watts. As a bonus, she's close to my age, so I can gaze longingly at her without feeling too much like a creepy old man.

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 07:43 pm
@Theaetetus,
Hi,

White noise was a load of rubbish, but nevertheless I believe that we can sometimes get a glimpse of he other side of life.

I have had a profound near death experience I would even go further saying I had a death experience and that other reality was more vivid beautiful and alive than this mortal plain

Alan

withawhy

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 09:59 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Did you learn anything about the other side?

Poseidon

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 10:25 pm
@withawhy,
My near death experience taught me that :
every side is 'the other side', relative some other, other side.

withawhy

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 10:53 pm
@Poseidon,
Poseidon wrote:
My near death experience taught me that :
every side is 'the other side', relative some other, other side.

'other sides' being in a linear fashion like this?

(LIFE) -> (DEATH) -> (DEATH 2) -> (DEATH 3)

or completely random?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:46:26