Generating paper ideas: Reincarnation

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

madel

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:13 pm
@Khethil,
Hee hee...so long as the mods don't mind this thread going off topic, I don't (after all...we may stumble into a great paper topic Wink )

Quote:
If more world population is growing, as it is, and souls are recycled from one life to the next, where are the new ones coming from?

The point made involving that this assumes reincarnation only occurs in humans is a good one, but it also raises the question of what *isn't* reincarnated? Take, for example, a Redwood tree...is being reincarnated as one of those a punishment or a reward...?

A simpler answer to K's question, I think, is to approach souls not at individual things, but more as flames. You can light several candles using one, after all...why couldn't it be the same for souls? This approach also plays into ideas (whether you buy into them or not) of a greater consciousness and the interesting idea that leaps in technology, etc, often happens at more than one seemingly dislocated places at approximately the same time (there are, of course, other explanations for this, but this plays into it nicely regardless).

I'm really loving these ideas...I wish I had more time to be more active on these boards! Smile

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:40 pm
@madel,
madel;26209 wrote:
The point made involving that this assumes reincarnation only occurs in humans is a good one, but it also raises the question of what *isn't* reincarnated? Take, for example, a Redwood tree...is being reincarnated as one of those a punishment or a reward...?

I think it would be a reward. After the deadline driven stress-inducing jobs I've somehow always found myself in (publishing, newspaper, graphic design, etc.) I think it would be relaxing to spend some time as a tree. Until I went to the paper mill, at least.

madel

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 01:57 pm
@TickTockMan,
Quote:
Until I went to the paper mill, at least.

Hee hee...which would be nicely ironic, given the industry you seem to gravitate to Wink

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 09:55 am
@madel,
madel;26215 wrote:
Hee hee...which would be nicely ironic, given the industry you seem to gravitate to Wink

Karmic, perhaps?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 04:32:32