IQ of the members of the forum?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 02:43 pm
@nameless,
nameless;27681 wrote:
Isn't that called 'enlightenment'? *__-

What are you referring to? The "sitting in the sun non-thinking" part or the "drool-catching goatee" part?

I'm already confused.

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 03:43 pm
@nameless,
nameless wrote:

'Genius' usually displays itself.

What if people like to have ambiguity in their posts and Nameless is an example of prestigious perception that not even you could grasp. Laughing

nameless wrote:
whats 2+2=? How would a 'genius' reply?

Ok, let me just give it a shot.... 4 A genius doesn't have to explain him/herself. Besides you have it wrong. The answer is not going to be determined by the intellect. Its all by personality, (which is probably inter-related anyways). If somebody is very bright and therefore understands what perception the question is geared towards, then the answer will comply with the perception, that is... if the mood is in this like, mature frenzy. So the perception in this case is of mathematical values. So the answer becomes 4. A genius will probably be able to come up with many more perceptions of the question to give answers that would not make sense to a normal person who cannot devise the perceptions. So if the genius was in a cheerful or I dunno, ... the answer would come out as some other perception they had already grasped. So 2+2 = sp3d2

nameless wrote:
I've not heard so many bald-faced egoic lies since listening to politicians speak.
I love how you manage to spell "egoistic" wrong here.

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 04:32 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401;27692 wrote:

I love how you manage to spell "egoistic" wrong here.

Actually, nameless's use of "egoic" is correct here, and it is spelled correctly.
-------
EGOIC:Adjective
egoic (comparative more egoic, superlative most egoic)
Of or related to the ego.
-------

Gwyniviere

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 04:39 pm
@TickTockMan,
I was born confused.....not much has changed since then.

Fido

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:24 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan wrote:
I'm looking forward to my IQ stabilizing at about 58 points, so I can just sit in the sun and enjoy the moment without being troubled by all this "thinking" stuff.

In anticipation, I am growing my goatee longer so I'll have something to catch the drool.

Get dumm enough and that is not all you'll catch. Are you voting republican? Consider it an intelligence test. If you never grow tired of being tied over a barrel it might be the choice for you...

CarolA

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 08:27 pm
@Fido,
Mine was 148, but that was at the last test about 20 years ago! The only advantage that I can see is the ability to solve logic problems a lot faster (like - why is my computer not working? how can I get a piano through that small door?)
My friends use me shamelessly as a quick way of getting answers to questions. (Why google it when you can carol it?)
It is like the ability to run very fast or have quick reflexes - useful when it's needed but certainly not a reason to feel vastly superior to everyone else. However, I will admit it has let me earn a reasonable amount of money over my life without having to work too hard. And TickTockMan - we know you secretly love all the "thinking stuff" :flowers:

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:12 pm
@Fido,
Fido;27716 wrote:
Get dumm enough and that is not all you'll catch. Are you voting republican? Consider it an intelligence test. If you never grow tired of being tied over a barrel it might be the choice for you...

I'm going to do a write-in for former California governor Jerry Brown. I always really liked his philosophy of "lower your expectations until they're met."

The question I have is: who in their right mind would want to be president right now? Seems kind of like buying a house that you already know is possessed by demons.

Regards,
TickTockMan
Vice-President, Intellectually Diminished Nihilistic Anarchists Society, LLC

---------
"Meet the new boss . . . same as the old boss." --The Who

Pangloss

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:24 pm
@OntheWindowStand,
The last time I was so inundated with the competitive measurement of body parts was probably in the high school locker room...though it was at least acceptable in that environment because we were 1) immature and 2) in a compromising position that prevented us from lying about our big claims Surprised

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:50 pm
@CarolA,
CarolA;27732 wrote:
I will admit it has let me earn a reasonable amount of money over my life without having to work too hard.

Now that's using your head. Sadly, the inverse seems true for every boss I've ever had. How does that work? I had a boss once who made $80,000 a year for basically sitting on his ample rump in his office reading comics and "supervising" and he took me aside one day and told me he didn't believe in dinosaurs because there was "too much oil in the world." I responded the only way I could, and said "hunh?" He said "Oil supposedly came from dinosaurs, right? There's billions of barrels of oil under the earth. There's no way there could have ever been that many dinosaurs."

CarolA;27732 wrote:
And TickTockMan - we know you secretly love all the "thinking stuff" :flowers:

Nah. I just like flapping my mouth. Most of the time the sound in my head is like the white noise of a television jammed between stations . . . just hhhhhsssssssssssssss. Also, I'm obsessed with monkeys.

CarolA

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 11:19 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan wrote:
Now that's using your head. Sadly, the inverse seems true for every boss I've ever had. How does that work? I had a boss once who made $80,000 a year for basically sitting on his ample rump in his office reading comics and "supervising" and he took me aside one day and told me he didn't believe in dinosaurs because there was "too much oil in the world." I responded the only way I could, and said "hunh?" He said "Oil supposedly came from dinosaurs, right? There's billions of barrels of oil under the earth. There's no way there could have ever been that many dinosaurs."

Nah. I just like flapping my mouth. Most of the time the sound in my head is like the white noise of a television jammed between stations . . . just hhhhhsssssssssssssss. Also, I'm obsessed with monkeys.

Note that I didn't say "had made me wildly rich and meant I could drive an expensive sports car". But it has financed a spectacularly unsuccessful music career and freed up some of my time for studying ancient languages and philosophy.:rolleyes:
I like the one about the oil from dinosaurs - I must remember to bring that one up next time someone is telling me that the world's oil supply isn't running out and that global warming is just a conspiracy. Could we bring in a Jurassic Park scenario here to overcome the world's fuel shortages?

Pangloss

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 11:31 pm
@CarolA,
CarolA;27747 wrote:
But it has financed a spectacularly unsuccessful music career and freed up some of my time for studying ancient languages and philosophy.:rolleyes:

Hmm, sounds like a couple of your interests are similar to mine. Which ancient languages are you studying? I'm working on latin, and am planning to work on greek as well. Also play the piano for fun, but I'm a long way from a career with that one...

nameless

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 12:47 am
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;27686 wrote:
What are you referring to? The "sitting in the sun non-thinking" part or the "drool-catching goatee" part?

I'm already confused.

Hahaha, Both!
Confusion only comes with/from 'thought'!
It speaks in the Egyptian book, 'Osiris Rising' (what the Xtians have turned into the 'Egyptian Book of the Dead') about the "old men snoozing in the doorways with the sun in their beards...". A very peaceful image...
It was that that I was thinking about.
When one unfocuses sufficiently (as in the state of enlightenment) one might actually drool. So what. And 'sitting in the sun'.. as I said; or also like at the end of the Darren Aronofsky movie "Pi". Rather than the compulsive mental ratchetta, ratchetta, our hero was finally able to 'get out of his own way' and enjoy some 'sunshine'.
Peace

nameless

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 12:57 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401;27692 wrote:
nameless wrote:

whats 2+2=? How would a 'genius' reply?

Ok, let me just give it a shot.... 4

Oh my, then you must be a 'genius', as I inquired how a 'genius' would reply, and you came a'knockin'! Very creative!
(Bows to your self-proclaimed 'genius')

(The rest of your 'genius' post, unfortunately, was so far beyond my limited understanding that I found it completely unworthy of reply. Perhaps next time.)
nameless out

Holiday20310401

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 02:49 pm
@nameless,
nameless wrote:
Oh my, then you must be a 'genius', as I inquired how a 'genius' would reply, and you came a'knockin'! Very creative!
(Bows to your self-proclaimed 'genius')

(The rest of your 'genius' post, unfortunately, was so far beyond my limited understanding that I found it completely unworthy of reply. Perhaps next time.)
nameless out

Laughing, that's why I said, let me try. I'm no genius. Hope you were being sarcastic with the last comment because its not that hard to understand my writing. Is it?Surprised

Fido

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 03:24 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan wrote:
I'm going to do a write-in for former California governor Jerry Brown. I always really liked his philosophy of "lower your expectations until they're met."

The question I have is: who in their right mind would want to be president right now? Seems kind of like buying a house that you already know is possessed by demons.

Regards,
TickTockMan
Vice-President, Intellectually Diminished Nihilistic Anarchists Society, LLC

---------
"Meet the new boss . . . same as the old boss." --The Who

People want it enough to spend millions more gaining the office than the office pays. Why does it pay at all? If they have that kind of money they don't need mine.. In fact, when the people are held so powerless, and can't hardly fart without the government's nose up your butt, then such power as the office holds Is fully obwcene. I don't care what fraction of the society elects the president the people not represented, whose numbers are huge are getting shorted. It is nonsense to think any presient is capable of leading the whole people at this time. The best they can do is RULE an unwilling minority in the name of an uncertain majority. If the government worked it would lead us into union and justice instead of disunion and injustice. It is a fault of majority rule that a country can be ruined by halfs.

CarolA

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 06:36 pm
@Pangloss,
Pangloss wrote:
Hmm, sounds like a couple of your interests are similar to mine. Which ancient languages are you studying? I'm working on latin, and am planning to work on greek as well. Also play the piano for fun, but I'm a long way from a career with that one...

I studied Latin for 3 years and Greek for 2 1/2 at university. I still read some every few days to keep my skills (or at least what passes for skill with me!) I am now trying Arabic, with limited success. Music - well after playing classical guitar for years the SPCG (Society for prevention of cruelty to guitars) asked me to take up another instrument - so clarinet and then sax. I have really never got past the semi-pro stage. Sort of like those athletes who come 10th in the heats at the sports meet! But I have a lot of fun, playing big band jazz and various things in local bands. Keep playing - it is one way of staying sane in this crazy world.

nameless

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 01:52 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401;27781 wrote:
Laughing, ?Surprised

Namaste'

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 04:52:00