What are you!(Philosophicallly) The most accurate test out online!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

GoshisDead

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 01:44 pm
@de budding,
It could be defined as cultural fatalism, I suppose. For a real existential definition of myself I would have to believe in a total free will, and an ability to overcome influence. I just don't see it. I can rationalize free will only to the point of Informed Choice, meaning that which my experience and cultural filters have allowed me to see as choices I can choose from them, but if I do not see something as a choice it really isn't a choice, rendering it not free. Influence is influence there is no overcoming it, even in the rejection of an influence a person has been influenced. The I have no tabula rasa from which to forge my own way.

ThoughtAsStupid

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:11 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
This thing is correct, as it put my beliefs into words.
You scored as a Romanticist Romanticism encourages society to look backwards to find our solutions. Your rationale is that things were much better a few hundred years ago so we should thus look back to those times and replace them in our modern society. You believe in a simple life and that the complexities of the modern world have turned it upside down. Romanticist
75% Postmodernist
44% Fundamentalist
38% Idealist
38% Cultural Creative
38% Existentialist
25% Modernist
13% Materialist
6%

philosopherqueen

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 09:37 pm
@ltdaleadergt,
What is Your World View?You scored as a RomanticistRomanticism encourages society to look backwards to find our solutions. Your rationale is that things were much better a few hundred years ago so we should thus look back to those times and replace them in our modern society. You believe in a simple life and that the complexities of the modern world have turned it upside down.Romanticist 81% Existentialist 81% Cultural Creative 81% Postmodernist 75% Fundamentalist 56% Idealist 50% Materialist 44% Modernist 38%

Theaetetus

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 08:29 am
@philosopherqueen,
94% Existentialist
88% Cultural Creative
75% Postmodernist
69% Idealist
50% Romanticist
44% Fundamentalist
25% Modernist
25% Materialist

Wow. That is an accurate assessment.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:59:06