What are you!(Philosophicallly) The most accurate test out online!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What are you!(Philosophicallly) The most accurate test out online!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 07:40 am
What is Your World View?

U will be amazed!

Here is my results!:
You scored as a Existentialist
Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.
Existentialist 94%
Idealist 88%
Materialist 75%
Postmodernist 69%
Cultural Creative 63%
Modernist 63%
Romanticist 56%
Fundamentalist 31%

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 07:57 am
@ltdaleadergt,
You scored as a Cultural Creative Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.
Cultural Creative 81%
Postmodernist 81%
Materialist 63%
Fundamentalist 38%
Existentialist 38%
Idealist 38%
Romanticist 38%
Modernist 19%

VideCorSpoon

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:25 am
@Didymos Thomas,
What is Your World View? You scored as a Postmodernist Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Postmodernist 75%
Modernist 63%
Existentialist 50%
Idealist 50%
Cultural Creative 50%
Fundamentalist 44%
Romanticist 38%
Materialist 38%

I couldn't agree more... but most of my answers were neutral anyway so it makes sense. I'm scheduling an operation to remove that romanticist abnormality though... LOL!

Aedes

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 08:20 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
I got 63% materialist, 63% postmodernist, 56% existentialist, 56% cultural creative.

That seems about right to me. I typically think of myself as a postmodernist, but that's probably because I identify strongly with postmodern ideas and trends. But ethically I'm definately a combination between existentialist and cultural creative, and with a background in medicine I've certainly got a materialist bias.

Cool.

Didymos Thomas' score looked accurate to me to the extent I know him.

boagie

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:03 pm
@Aedes,
Idealist 88% Cultural Creative 75% Postmodernist 69% Materialist 63% Modernist 50% Fundamentalist 44% Existentialist 38% Romanticist 38%

:)So other than confused what does that make me?

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:06 pm
@boagie,
Cultural Creative was a new term for me. Apparently we, the some 50 million of us, have yet to clearly outline what we are.

Interesting, none the less. I've taken a few such quizzes before, and none were even remotely satisfactory. While this one suffers from the problem of being an online quiz, the test is the best I've seen by far.

Not bad at all. Thanks, daleader!

ltdaleadergt

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 02:43 am
@Didymos Thomas,
what got me amazed is the fact that I scored such a high mark for Existentialist! I always thought of myself as one!!!!!

I hope u guys enjoyed it :rolleyes:

Khethil

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 06:33 am
@ltdaleadergt,
Very nice, though some of the compound questions listed two seemingly mutually-exclusive concepts (not sure how that affected me though).

Materialist
88% Modernist
81% Existentialist
63% Idealist
38% Postmodernist
31% Romanticist
25% Cultural Creative
19% Fundamentalist

I'm a materialist! Sad

midas77

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 12:24 pm
@Khethil,
You scored as a Cultural Creative
Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.
Cultural Creative 75%
Existentialist 50%
Postmodernist 50%
Idealist 50%
Modernist 25%
Materialist 25%
Romanticist 25%
Fundamentalist 13%

whew, I'm labeled as cultural creative, Its the first time i ever heard it.

midas77

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 12:29 pm
@midas77,
i guess the quiz is right, I googled "cultural creative" and found, Evolution Media Group - The Cultural Creatives

Are you a Cultural Creative?*
If you agree with 10 or more or the following statements, you probably are one - and a higher score increases the odds. You are likely to be a Cultural Creative if...
  • You love nature and are deeply concerned about its destruction.
  • You are strongly aware of the problems of the whole planet (global warming, destruction of rain forests, overpopulation, lack of ecological sustainability, exploitation of people in poorer countries) and want to see more action to address these problems coming from the private sector as well as government agencies.
  • You would pay more taxes or would pay more for consumer goods if you knew the money would go to clean up the environment and stop global warming.
  • You give a lot of importance to helping other people and bringing out their unique gifts.
  • You volunteer for one or more good causes.
  • You see religion and spirituality as important in your life.
  • You want more equality for women at work, and more women leaders in business and politics.
  • You are concerned about violence and the abuse of women and children around the world.
  • You want politics and government spending to put more emphasis on children's education and well-being, on rebuilding our neighborhoods and communities, and on creating an ecologically sustainable future.
  • You are unhappy with both the left and the right in politics, and want to find a new way that is not in the mushy middle.
  • You tend to be rather optimistic about our future and distrust the cynical and pessimistic view so often supported by the media.
  • You want to be involved in creating a new and better way of life in our country.
  • You are concerned about what big corporations are doing in the name of making more profits: downsizing, creating environmental problems, and exploiting poorer countries.
  • You have your finances and spending under control, and are not concerned about overspending.
  • You dislike all the overemphasis in modern culture on success and "making it", on getting more and spending more, on wealth and luxury goods.
  • You like people and places that are exotic and foreign, and like experiencing and learning about other ways of life.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 01:14 pm
@midas77,
Concern for the environment, women's rights, having a problem with child abuse, understanding that big corporations don't give a ****.... Yeah, I can identify with that list.

Quote:
You tend to be rather optimistic about our future and distrust the cynical and pessimistic view so often supported by the media.

I'd like to think of myself as generally optimistic - at least optimistic enough not to slip into a serious existential crisis. But I don't really see main stream media as particularly optimistic or pessimistic, just deluded and corrupt.

de budding

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 02:02 pm
@ltdaleadergt,
Quiz results: What is Your World View?
You scored as an Existentialist
Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist 75%
Materialist 69%
Modernist 63%
Cultural Creative 50%
Romanticist 50%
Postmodernist 44%
Fundamentalist 25%
Idealist 0%

[CENTER]_______________[/CENTER]

Sounds about right; I find a lot answers in existentialism, but 'materialist'? Might not be so accurate, I'm not convinced of this apparent-reality yet so I'm not sure I'm convinced of matter and form, But I guess in this reality matter and energy do rule.

Thanks again,
Dan.

Arjen

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 02:11 pm
@de budding,
What is Your World View?You scored as a Cultural CreativeCultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.Cultural Creative 88% Fundamentalist 50% Idealist 50% Postmodernist 38% Romanticist 25% Existentialist 25% Modernist 13% Materialist 13%

Although I must admit that I found a lot of the questions really 'off' I think that the 'judgement' of the test hit the mark. I do say about myself that I do not have a religion but am religios. Thumbs up this one. Smile

ltdaleadergt

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 09:12 pm
@midas77,
In reality almost everyone would want to be called " Cultural Creatives" will make u look evil! I am proud to be Existentialist Very Happy

de budding

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 04:28 am
@ltdaleadergt,
<daleader> wrote:
In reality almost everyone would want to be called " Cultural Curatives" will make u look evil! I am proud to be Existentialist Very Happy

Amen, no matter what we will be STUCK existing in this apparent reality, so our focus should always have half an eye on how best to do this. Personally I think it is getting out of hand and we need to refocus our existential efforts, I was even tending toward good old fashioned cynicism last night (after an episode of 'My Super Sweet 16'). Its as if no one has taken note of what Sartre taught us about freedom and responsibility, I think todays 'accident compensation and personal injury claims' culture is an out of control example of the rejection of our personal freedom.

We need an existentialism reform daleader! REVOLUTION BROTHER! --- Very Happy Very Happy

Dan.

p.s people don't write enough manifestos any more.

GoshisDead

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 04:36 am
@de budding,
Cultural Creative
94% Postmodernist
75% Idealist
63% Fundamentalist
56% Romanticist
38% Modernist
25% Materialist
25% Existentialist
19%

linux user

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 04:31 pm
@GoshisDead,
For what it's worth >

What is Your World View? You scored as a Cultural Creative. Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational. Cultural Creative.

100% Idealist
75% Fundamentalist
50% Existentialist
50% Modernist
38% Postmodernist
25% Materialist
25% Romanticist
0%

Brett.

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 05:16 pm
@midas77,
What is Your World View? You scored as a Postmodernist Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis. Cultural Creative
75% Postmodernist
75% Idealist
56% Existentialist
50% Fundamentalist
44% Romanticist
44% Modernist
19% Materialist
19%

[CENTER]:cool::cool::cool::painting:

But I always considered myself as an existentialist:deep-thought:
[/CENTER]

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 05:29 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday,
I think a lot of people consider themselves an existentialist on the surface. There seems to be an inherent independence in existentialism. The idea that we make our own meaning etc... is right in line with the western (and particularly American)pioneer/self reliant/we are the masters of our own domain aesthetic. Although, after analyzing social and cultural systems I really can't discount the causal effects of biology and culture, existentialism in its softer forms still holds a certain romantic appeal to me, ideally I would love to be an existentialist, but I can't justify it to myself any longer.

de budding

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 01:08 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:
Holiday,
I think a lot of people consider themselves an existentialist on the surface. There seems to be an inherent independence in existentialism. The idea that we make our own meaning etc... is right in line with the western (and particularly American)pioneer/self reliant/we are the masters of our own domain aesthetic. Although, after analyzing social and cultural systems I really can't discount the causal effects of biology and culture, existentialism in its softer forms still holds a certain romantic appeal to me, ideally I would love to be an existentialist, but I can't justify it to myself any longer.

Why can't you justify it?

Dan.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What are you!(Philosophicallly) The most accurate test out online!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 05:35:23