The Gathering of One - Sow the Seeds of Peace

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Ruthless Logic

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 11:27 pm
@Aedes,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless Logic http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif
Albert Einstein had more cognitive processing power for evaluating the axioms of his Natural World in his Ring Finger then most people have period! He would never indulge in the carelessness of conjured ideals.

That's exactly what his theory of relativity was until he mathematically
proved it.

Hypothesis= A provisional theory set forth to explain some class of phenomena. i.e. Theory of Relativity

Ideal= Conception of perfection that only exists in the imagination. i.e. Earthly Utopian Peace, Individual Equality (oxymoron).

P.S. It is my great hope that you can form the distinction.

Ruthless Logic

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 12:16 am
@Ruthless Logic,
Quote:
I think you err by conflating peace as we are discussing it with some unachievable utopian ideal. Indeed there can be a utopian idea of peace. But peace can be both relative and practical. And peace represents, in a sense, a vector movement of humanity. One human can murder another in a time of peace -- that instance is simply an exception to the overall state.

The only conflation to occur, is your continued integration of idealistic premises and the ensuing adaptability of carelessly pathetic considerations and their related Utopian goals.

Quote:
Thankfully peace is neither constrained nor prevented by nature. Mankind conjured up artificial coloring, artificial sugar substitutes, artificial polymers, and artificial alloys within the constraints of the natural world. Is it so shocking that we should be able to conjure up an artificial social environment?

Your entry-level juxtaposition of natural vs. artificial is indicative of your approachments for consideration. Do you really make a distinction between natural vs. artificial as it pertains to the component truths that form each distinct class? Artificial products have always existed as it pertains to their component truths, just as the behavior of Human Beings will always be subjected to the constraints of the Natural World and the impositions that hold forth.

Aedes

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 07:23 pm
@Ruthless Logic,
Ruthless Logic wrote:
The only conflation to occur, is your continued integration of idealistic premises and the ensuing adaptability of carelessly pathetic considerations and their related Utopian goals.
I made an argument about the topic, you responded with a commentary about me.[/SIZE] Feel free to be fervent about the topic, but please keep your fervor on the topic and not on your feelings about other members of the forum.

Quote:
Your entry-level juxtaposition of natural vs. artificial is indicative of your approachments for consideration.
See above.

Quote:
Artificial products have always existed as it pertains to their component truths, just as the behavior of Human Beings will always be subjected to the constraints of the Natural World and the impositions that hold forth.
Indeed, as has our social and cognitive ability to generate the idea of peace and then observe it or strive for it within our societies. The idea of "logic" is actually less innately "natural" than the idea of "peace", because at least "peace" corresponds to a potentially observable set of circumstances.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 04:07:03