Is 'mind reading' possible?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Aedes

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 09:15 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
What if we all had chips in our brains that could take our neuro impulses...
How would you connect the billions of neurons to a chip? How would you make the chip's circuitry reflect the topographical organization of the brain? How would you account for major variations in organization between different people?

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:26 pm
@Aedes,
There would obviously have to be a uniformity between the chips established in everybody's brains, but I'm no neuroscientist, I'm not even finished high school so as for accounting for topographical organization and variating neuro impulses, well it beats me.

But I think it would be a bigger concern for the chips compatability to the instability of neuron impulses rather than the variation between different people. We are all made up of the same matter, I believe that there is a workable difference between neuron networks.

And I can see 'neuronic' consciences as being quite similar to a sort of boolean sense of organizing data, just in an extremely compiled sense. Although if u know this to be wrong then plz tell me.

boombox

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 10:57 pm
@Pythagorean,
'course it is foolz

yo brain and yo spinalz cordz uses electric signals at very teeny tiny current levelz and voltages, seeing as y'all have signals being sent round yo body if someonz weres to come along with a developed 'nough brain they could pick all thoz signalz and interpret them into something smart like y'all do on this forum

pease \/

[CENTER]-!BOOM!!
[/CENTER]
voicing my opinions through a boom box!!! :cool:

p.s. srry fr tat lzy keyboarding, fingers suffer arthritis dawgz:cool: jk peace out!

Holiday20310401

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 11:03 pm
@boombox,
Hey boom box I wonder if u have the balls to rattle yourself out of the streets:cool::rolleyes:

Just kidding with ya.Very Happy

If mind reading is possible I doubt it will be through evolutinary advancement. But the principle of reading the synaptic signals and voltage is right. We can harness the potential of the analog brain and hack into eachother's minds, even though it is way beyond our time and morally absurd.

Ennui phil

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 08:54 am
@Electra phil,
This peculiarity if one can read another person's mind is obscure,psychic power have been reverberated around the world,citing that it can clandestinely read minds.

If this is genuine,we should probe into the matter and ultimately see if it is so.

Poseidon

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 03:34 pm
@Ennui phil,
The game of ching chong cha is a good practice method.

My brother and I started playing alot. He was winning 9 out of 10, for dozens of matches. But there was something I was not telling him: I was trying to lose! It seemed like an interesting way to do it, rather than competing against one another, we were working towards the same end. A sneaky trick, eh?

Then he started getting really arrogant about it. So I decided to turn it around. Now I was winning 10 out of 10! He did not want to play anymore.

Try it.
Don't tell someone who knows you well that you are actually trying to lose.

nameless

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 03:57 pm
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean;1453 wrote:
I wonder if anyone has ever had the experience where you can read what other people are actually thinking? Or that other people have had the occasion to read what you are thinking before you ever say anything?

Is mind reading possible at all?

--Pythagorean

The synchronous intersection of two or more Perspectives (us) upon one 'thought'; like two people looking at a mouse... A synchronous event.
Not 'my' thought, not 'your' thought, just the neighborhopod we both happen to be driving through at the moment.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:11:10