quick question?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

pilgrimshost

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 02:01 pm
@perplexity,
Yes I see this is true but im talking not just about the words but larger philosophical concepts (T-T-T would love me!), but Im sorry I havent got much time to spend tracking down these things,im more of a gather information as I go person otherwise I find I either study things ill never use or ill forget it and it would be a waste of time.

Justin

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 06:03 pm
@pilgrimshost,
There is such a thing. I believe it would be a combination of both VB and Drupal as a content managment system. Then use the vocabulary module and tool tips, so when you mouse over a term, a tip will pop up in a small window.

pilgrimshost

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 06:53 pm
@pilgrimshost,
How are you perplexity?

perplexity

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:36 pm
@pilgrimshost,
Very tired.

Too much posting to the forum.

pilgrimshost

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:47 pm
@perplexity,
Well, what do you make of the new lay out?

perplexity

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 10:49 pm
@pilgrimshost,
I liked the look of the original home page with all those topics up front and pecular to philosophy.

Now, at first sight, it looks like any old forum.

pilgrimshost

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 10:54 pm
@perplexity,
I liked being able to see everything at ones from top to bottom, including the 'whos logged on list'. But didnt you sugest that the forum lists be hidden away? This forum is better looking than anything ive come across, but thats a matter of perseption I guess.

Justin

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 02:23 pm
@pilgrimshost,
Thank you. It's going to get better as we move forward. No worries mate!

Aristoddler

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 06:56 pm
@perplexity,
perplexity wrote:
I liked the look of the original home page with all those topics up front and pecular to philosophy.

Now, at first sight, it looks like any old forum.

I don't know what the old look was; but it does look like every other forum I've seen.

Sorry, but it's the hard truth. Wink

perplexity

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:50 pm
@pilgrimshost,
The similar look is mostly because of using the same standard off the shelf engines to drive the pages, which in turn imitate each other.

I want to do something about that, but it is not going to happen overnight.

pilgrimshost

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:55 pm
@perplexity,
How about a 3d environment were its layed out like 'athens' or somewhere. Could even be characters. 'final fantacy' et al have this online.

perplexity

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 02:26 am
@pilgrimshost,
this?

http://www.freewebs.com/finalfantacy10/

Horribly distracting, after the first few seconds of it.

Justin

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 07:23 am
@pilgrimshost,
It's going to look different soon. Smile

pilgrimshost

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 05:09 pm
@perplexity,
I wasnt completly serious, just exploring what may be more interesting possibilities.

Aristoddler

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 07:29 pm
@pilgrimshost,
Personally, I would like to see the forum on papyrus, and the font some form of clearly understandalbe cursive.

Just from an artists' viewpoint, it would be nice.

perplexity

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 05:22 am
@pilgrimshost,
Unfortunately, the scripts on the server do not determine the actual fonts you see on your screen. The control is limited to a small range of categorisation because what you see on your screen depends on what font is installed on your machine to match the request from the html page downloaded to your browser to display the text.

Servers could possibly supply wriiten text as image files but that is not really feasible because of practical constraints to do with bandwidth and file size.

--- RH.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:47:38