Hello everyone

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:25 pm
I'm a new member, a college student from CA. I have only taken one philosophy class so far because it does not have much in common with my engineering major. I do write unique creative writing pieces once in a while though and would like to receive some opinions on them. Also, I like to read philosophy discussions and provide my input when appropriate.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:16 pm
@sebo1989,
sebo1989;148585 wrote:
I'm a new member, a college student from CA. I have only taken one philosophy class so far because it does not have much in common with my engineering major. I do write unique creative writing pieces once in a while though and would like to receive some opinions on them. Also, I like to read philosophy discussions and provide my input when appropriate.

Please INPUT... Take more classes; antique technics p.e. to Understand Engineering. Study, but go out! Meet people, shake hands !

Visited UCLA years ago; loved cafeteria and bookshop

Pepijn Sweep
Magister OX:bigsmile:

jgweed

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 09:18 am
@sebo1989,
Welcome to Philforum!
Philosophy might not have much to do with engineering, but it has everything to do with living.
Regards,
John

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:10 pm
@sebo1989,
Everybody does something, and your knowledge rests on physics which is a major part of philosophy.... It is important to remember that people also do what they do well for that is what they enjoy, and for them the money is not much of an issue, or even the character of their coworkers, and that is because their enjoyment is complete... If you are Like many scientists and engineers your work, your field will not present the problems you cannot handle as your moral world will...It is the most rational who often struggle the most with their relationship, and some basic skills are essential...But no one can make you love some one, or anyone, and those who can love have little need of philosophy...So who are you really????

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 12:34:35