Introduction

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

JMC838

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 03:32 pm
Greetings everyone. My name is Jason, I'm 29 years old and I live in the great snowy (currently) state of Ohio. I've had a casual interest in philosophy for quite a few years now, but have never really delved too deeply into the subject. My experience with philosophy mainly consists of a few college classes and a couple unfinished books I've picked up at the bookstore.

Still, I enjoy it and am making an effort to at least have a basic understanding of the history of philosophy and I hope that this forum will be a valuable tool that I can use when I have questions.

I look forward to conversing with all of you and reading your contributions as well as hopefully being able to supply my own.

-Jason-

Fido

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 04:00 pm
@JMC838,
Forget your over long and boring books...I have read a lot of them, and I know everything you need to know, and not out of a book either...All you have to do is ask me nice... Go State. Michigan

Leonard

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 08:30 pm
@JMC838,
Hello and welcome to the forum. There are many opportunities to learn more about philosophy around here; some groups may have discussion on a specific topic of interest. I hope you find something that interests you and i'll see you around the forum.

jgweed

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 09:58 am
@JMC838,
Ask a question here and you will most likely get ten or twelve different answers; such is the nature of philosophy itself that interpretations are always inevitable. But at the same time, understanding the various perspectives and alternative answers may open up new and unforeseen ways of thinking about a problem that will deepen your own understanding.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 01:17:19