Why are some nurses so bitchy !!!!!!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

rvet

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 11:52 am
@BrownSugar 1,
Have you thought about becoming a Medical Translator (if u speak languages)
a medical advisor, there are many ways out of this shit.

michfr

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 12:35 pm
So sorry for you! Unfortunately I think the nursing profession attracts lots of difficult people, and you get lucky if you find a pleasant place to work, but you often have to put with unpleasant behavior no matter where you go. Good luck!

dnnshoemaker

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 08:02 am
@BrownSugar 1,
they get away with it, bullies and manipulative, many need ongoing psychiatric help. there is a high rate of addiction in nursing to sex drugs and etoh among other things. and dont forget smoking. frequent drug testing and breaking up of nasty cliques would be a good start.. find a good nurse, almost always is one, watch how they survive and develop your own tactics for survival.. always learn as much as possible and remember you are doing this because it is a career and a calling for you, they may just need a job!! "technical nurses" is how i refer to them. trust me that they will weed themselves out one by one... i have found better nurses in peds but they have drama too... stay with your patient and go the extra mile every single chance you get! dont look for glory, just do it because its the right thing to do, trust me people with respect you and secretly maybe wish they had the guts to be leaders not followers.. if u look at hx, many leaders pay high prices!! but would you want to ever be in court or in front of a family and know you didnt do your absolute best?

dnnshoemaker

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 08:04 am
@michfr,
isnt that the truth... those people weed themselves out eventually but after they have done lots of damage to people who are serious abouth their job and careers!!! I like taking new nurses under my wing :" Your practice is your own, be proud of it!"

flourine

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 11:03 am
@BrownSugar 1,
I am nursing student myself so right now, I couldn't say much about it since I havent experience it yet. But have you talk to your manager? if you explain what you dealing with, he/ she could help unless she is the same as others. Sometimes, you will end up with nurses who don't like to train people. How about watch them intently and learn by looking? Sometimes you could learn for just looking. Though my first choice is talk to your manager. Should be atleast there's 1 person who willing to help you. goodluck!

celia2

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2013 12:47 pm
@Ginger Snap,
Hi;

I worked in acute care for 3 years (have been a nurse for 18). I was involved in a clique who targeted me and my manager did nothing about it. My job was on a telemetry floor and I had really sick patients post cardiac bypass and the nurses would gossip about other nurses, start rumors, and even complain about the patients. No room in nursing for nurses like this. They are unhappy in their lives and bring it into work and it effects patient care and morale on the floor. I have found it is the same everywhere. Woman are catty and can't help gossip. Would rather work with a male nurse anyday. My advice, do your job, don't get caught up in the gossip, be polite and you will be okay.

Bence Jones

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 04:35 pm
Scrubbing In: 1st Day in the OR

http://www.medcomic.com/uploads/4/0/0/1/4001915/1461605_orig.png

Source: www.medcomic.com

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:50:24