Do humans actually have free will?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

paulhanke

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 07:38 pm
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
As far as your ability to chose your reaction, compared to the lack of choice on the part of the innamate world, is that then, how one defines one's freewill by comparison?

... yes, that's certainly where this bit of noodling seems to lead ...

boagie wrote:
One still cannot, not chose, or not react.

... that's how I see it - in order to be able to not react one would have to transcend the physical world ... and while some people do think that consciousness transcends the physical world, I personally do not ... absolutely everything in the physical world has to react - and we are creatures of the physical world ... so yes, it is inescapable that we have to react - but thankfully we are free to choose how!

Elmud

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:15 pm
@PeterDamian,
PeterDamian wrote:
Determinism seems to breach the so called free will because all things you do have been theologically determined by the supreme being. If determinism have all humans programmed like a computer operator does with computers, what happens to free will?

The is no doubt in all aspects, some people even think that all man's action is determined by his environment.

What is free will?

Humanity has absolute free will. the condition of the world is evidence of that.

Fido

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 07:45 pm
@PeterDamian,
Why do you say that??? Is it because they all go in different directions??? So would ever atom in the U if not for gravity, and what would that prove???

The only thing that tends to proves 'free' will more than will itself, is that we often act against perceived self interest for a moral reason....

Elmud

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 06:41 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
Humanity has absolute free will. the condition of the world is evidence of that.

Let me change that. Man has absolute free will. the condition of the world is evidence of that. My apologies to the women.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:37:18