The Family on Hurricane Katrina

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Acheick

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 05:29 pm
Send to the Salvation Army
I would give to them before I'd give to anyone, although we did initially give to the Red Cross. However, in the future, if we do give anything, it will be to the Salvation Army. My hubby worked for them when we first left TF, and they are the genuine article. They can be trusted. Most people I know don't like giving to the Red Cross, they have extremely high overhead. In fact, the Sal. Army was one of the first responders on the scene in NO, but were turned back by the gov, who claimed she didn't want all the food and water to be a magnet at the convention center and super dome and wanted the people to leave voluntarily. Rather odd way of thinking, but the point is, they were ready and had tons of food and supplies in semis but were turned back. Also, their programs for the homeless are stellar and the most productive of any that I've seen.

Indian Joe 1

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:18 pm
We sent some money to Habitat for Humanity. I figured that a lot of money would be sent to the Red Cross, and even with their high overhead, they do save lives. But, I like the concept of Habitat where the community gets involved in building the homes that they will later live in.

There are a lot of choices out there for people who want to give, or be involved.

Of course nearly any organized fund raising organization would be better than FCF.

evanman

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 04:40 am
Let the Americans sort out their own problems. As the richest nation on Earth , I believe it unnecessary for those outside the US to send financial aid.

I find all these Televangelists asking for money trully offensive. Just one of those Multi-Millionaire types could afford to give every penny that would be needed and still have change!

Indian Joe 1

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:21 am
I think that it helps to balance out the paternalistic relationship that the US has with other countries, when they do give something back in a time of crisis. Even if it is a small amount.

I don't think that setting up a scenario where the US is obligated, and everyone else is entitled is a healthy thing for the US or the rest of the world.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 02:36 pm
ridiculous
how in the world can she say katrina was partly a result of the slandering of the family? that is ludicris!
sorry but natural diseasters *(from gods own hands) are not directly related to the family. im not an expert but that is total b.s.
what a f***head

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 09:06:19