Summer of 71 til Jan 77

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

MT7060

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 08:28 am
@Clifford,
Did you ever meet a Elizabeth Palmer?

MT7060

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 08:34 am
I am looking for anyone who may have met Elizabeth Palmer? Not sure of her COG name.

moonsinger

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 04:53 pm
I am reading all of these light-hearted reminiscences and it's like you all either skated over the surface of COG, or managed to bury the darkness with time and drugs. I was in COG from 1969 or 70 through IDFK, because those memories are encased in shards of glass. I was not an edgy teen looking for God, or permission to do unspeakable shit. I was a child, with no options, and none of the adults in that world did a goddamned thing to save me. I was stronger (I guess) than many of the children who cycled through the Albuquerque or Huntington Beach Family, I am not an addict, I have not killed myself, and I am sane (but damaged). I remember Moses David and Mama Maria as nightmare figures who could take away my world by sending me to other Family, or by putting me in Silence, or by sending me to Camp. This was not some benign Jesus People group that anybody should idealize.

If there are any other surviving children from 1969-1980, who took part in the Exodus to Northern California, or who remember Chollie the Mailman, or the little tow-headed girl who rode the route from Albuquerque to LA in the early 70s. . . We deserved better from our adults than we got. We ARE allowed to talk about it. We should not be scared, we should be pissed.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 06:40:02