" Come on guys SPEAK UP it's ok."

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Confused321

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 07:24 am
Everyone, I'm new to all this. Never been part of of the cult. But, I've just bumped into Sara Stevenson Kelley in Costa Rica and she's working in a children's ministry. I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks and don't know what if anything I should do. The little bit of web education I've gotten in the last couple days is scaring me to death for the safety of children here. Am I overreacting? Is she safe with kids? Any advice on what to do?

abeureka

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 07:04 pm
My moment of truth came one day out litnessing with my preteen daughter. We'd figured how to use the little ones to charm and soften the potential donors. Then follow up with a clear request for donations coupled with a lie about how we were "helping" kids, seniors, druggies, hippies, homeless, ad nausea.
Daughter didn't feel like doing her job. I took her around a corner, out of sight, yelled at her, ordered her and finally slapped her. Then it hit me.
"WTF" (of course I used less profanity.) "I'm using force, my trust and authority as a parent to intimidate and motivate this child to help me get money from shop owners and passers-by in the name of Jesus and the Family of Love?" I was fortunate to see my hypocrisy.
Daughter was sexually molested before I got my family out. She was so traumatized she couldn't id the perp. And I couldn't beat him.
The "leaders" wanted me to dump my pg wife and 5 kids for an exalted position at headquarters. I had a screaming argument with "God" in the middle of a tropical downpour waist deep in a river. I refused to desert my primary responsibility for the "greater good."
I picked up. Packed up. Found a job, a sponsor, eventually a permanent visa. Lived close to poverty, accepting help from true neighbors who valued our sample of a loving family. Enrolled my kids in an International school. Tuition was free because I and the wife helped out. Worked. Saved our money. Returned to the States.
That return to the USA was very nearly our undoing. Culture shock. The wife divorced me. The kids ran amuck. I had to support and feed us all.
It took literally years of steady constant application of God's Love which shows respect for others' needs, wants, desires.
Everyone is now pretty much ok. Some residual trauma. But the fellow asked what I think about the COG, FOL. I have to answer, "I don't. I don't think of them. If I do, it's with embarrassment and shame.
I came to this site because i was looking for lyrics to a Japanese translation of a kids song, "Shiowase, Happiness." or a link to the Luvettes Show from the P.I. I'd been involved in a distant way with the production and attended Peter Puppet's funeral and wake in Sydney.
I never read Faith's or Deborah's books. The stuff they reported happened every day in every "home."
So if you're a member reading this. I suggest you think/pray about your own personal values regarding personal freedom. Compare them to those you must follow and also ask:
In a technological society, an education, home schooled, to the age of 12 or 13?
I think it's a one way ticket to poverty, ignorance, superstition.
God created the worlds in 6 days? The earth is 6000 yrs old?
I maintain that any so called Christian who maintains the veracity of those two statements is the moral equivalent of of people who used to proclaim Earth flat and the center of the Universe.
A Bible banger once proclaimed, "Don't believe the lies of so called science. Believe the Bible."
I tried to personally talk to him. (I had been corrupted with a BS in biology and organic chemistry b4 i Joined the family.) He turned to his microphone to berate and denigrate me.
If you think I'm of the devil, please, Stay where you are. It's ok in your room. Lotsa people around you.
I'm wondering if the Family officially supports The Donald. He closely resembles your Father David.
So since you asked, here's what I think: Moses David/Mo/Father David/David Berg was a pedophile as were his close female enablers. Sex at a young age can easily and severely emotionally handicap those youngsters used by the ravenous, devouring, narcissistic wolves clothed as sheep. He and they lied to themselves and their flock about the natural beauty of their perfidy.
I renounce David Berg/Moses David/Father David, Maria, Mother Eve. I renounce Every Word of the Mo Letters (Yes! Every word! Would you give credence to Hitler or Stalin?) I renounce the COG, FOL and all of it's branches.
There is no virtue, truth or light in any of their deeds. It was always motivated by selfish, worldly gain, glory not to God. Glory to and for themselves. They'll not reap a reward in heaven. They, like the rich man proceeded by trumpets have had their reward.
To the soul wandering in Japan. Portland Oregon is a great place for a lot of good things. Come here. There's opportunity amongst a progressive populace.
God bless us All.
Abe Eureka (aka Tommy the Turtle)

Jsonier

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 06:09 pm
Want to know about 1976 in Paris of any persons living among others.I`m from Canada and left the cult in July 1976.
Thank&best wishes to all!!!
Joseph known as"Joshua"

Luzia

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 02:15 pm
@Parmenas,
I remember you from your brief stay in Cologne, Germany, when you were talking to people on Hohe Straße near the Cathedral. We (my schoolfriend and I, both only 16 years old then) visited your house a few times and I remember you as a kind and thoughtful man, unlike the slightly intimidating leader of your group. We, my friend and I, never really got involved with the cult, only had brief contact with the whole belief system, fortunately. The MO letters put me off, I thought they were slightly indecent even then, and that was the gut feeling that kept me away. I asked about you at the house, though, and they told me you had gone to Essen. There was a young Canadian there at the time, years later he contacted my family to say hello and he was doing well, so I am glad it turned out OK for him in the end as well, or so I hope. It has been half a lifetime, but I have not forgotten
meeting you. Of course I was very young and impressionable and you probably won't remember the young girls you met so long ago. I hope that you have found a good way for yourself to cope with what you have experienced, and I wish you all the best. I consider myself lucky that I stayed clear of the group in the end, sheer luck I guess. All the best to you, Luzia

gobananaboating

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 12:59 pm
My friend is in this cult, somewhere in western canada. I talk to him through email, but he does not know where he is. He thinks he is in BC. Can someone give me a location please?

InuYasha3901

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 04:28 pm
@Mary Jane Henry,
Yep. But you forgot this emoji: 🙏

sumdumgui

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 07:38 pm
@JASONLANIK,
Which God do you mean? The Romans had a list, so did the Greeks. Don't forget the Buddhists and the Hindi. I have found no evidence for supernatural beings. No ghosts, no devils, or demons, no gods, or angels

abeureka

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 01:27 am
@sumdumgui,
I just read over this. Gawd it's long! Sorry!
Abe Eureka here. I read your atheist manifesto: There is no God. I maintain that there is.
I'm not well educated. I don't often enter into discussions to offer my opinions without a deep conviction of certainty. Several years ago, I had a very real crisis of faith. I almost lost my faith.
I became close friends with a very well educated man who even in retirement reads 4 hours each day. History, philosophy, linguistics, languages and geology. He's currently studying Arabic because he wants to compare Rumi and Meister Ekhart, two mystics. The first an Arab Muslim living in Cordova, Spain. (His work is in a similar vein to the well known poet Omar Khayam.) The 2nd a German Theologian who taught at University of Paris in the 13th (?)Century. My friend has memorized the Roman Mass in Latin and English. I recently attended a Dominican Mass with him. He was constantly pointing out the differences. I could go on. So accept that the man is educated. He has a small library of about 2500 books in his house.Book shelves are everywhere except the bathrooms.
This man is also a bully. Some of it I'm sure is defensive. He's small, gay and somewhat effeminate. He baits people by making outrageous statement like,"Did you know that only 15% of what the Bible says are the words of Jesus were actually spoken by him." (True! A lot of the new testament is a synergy of the ideas, principles reported by those who heard him speak or were close to him. Every single word doesn't have to fall from His mouth to be Holy. We get the idea of salvation, etc.)
Or, "Paul wasn't a Christian." (He was by temperament a legalistic Jew. A lot of what Paul wrote was influenced by Judaism and his education.)
When my friend provoked me with these sort of statements, it's was a call to arms. He was looking for a fight. He wanted to stretch his intellectual muscles. He wanted to take this arrogant Christian down a notch or two. And, he had the guns to do it. Just look around at all the books!
I didn't lose many fist fights growing up. I always sized up my potential opponent before entering into the fray. I don't like to lose. (And this letter which is taking a couple of hours to compose is not a challenge.This is not a fight.)
I learned very quickly to use different tactics with him. I'd question what he was attempting to communicate. What was behind this sudden provocation. I think that besides needing the exercise he was looking for answers and testing my faith to see whether or not I was just another Bible banging, verse spouting, ignorant Christian.
I read, studied and listened. I already knew much of the KJV. In the family i used my daily study time to memorize and review. While doing tasks, I constantly listened to Alexander Scourby read the Bible. I think i listened to the whole Bible 10 times. I did read but never bothered to memorize the Mo Letters. I liked the radical tone of the early revolution. But a lot of the policy directives and rants eg the ones against Peter Puppet who was afflicted with a terminal cancer. (I couldn't help think, "What kind of congenitally deranged person denigrates and berates a man struggling with terminal cancer.) As far as I know, despite the pain, Peter out of a sense of loyalty to "Dad" and the "Family" refrained from pain medication. Peter and his Luvetts crew gave so much. He's one of my heroes. Go Aussies!
I got educated. I learned a lot about translations, history, language. I learned so much that I really believed that I didn't believe. I was seriously apostate. Not in my behavior. It was my soul. I had realized that I could not "prove" or give rational explanations of my faith, my salvation. i was suddenly without foundation. What was real?
Then I realized that the only thing that was real was my belief. "Lord, I believe. Help Thou my unbelief." I believed. And dear fellow traveler, neighbor, I accept your beliefs. They are yours. For whatever reason, you believe differently than I do.
I am also friends with a fellow who has been abducted by aliens several times. He's been ravished by an Ancient Egyptian Goddess and given secrets of an alien invasion. He's under constant attack by the aliens who are attempting to derail his plans to save mankind. Listening to him carry on, i realize that he's a very lonely and troubled man. There are huge gaps and inconsistencies in his stories. He's delusional, paranoid, and maybe schizophrenic. I do not contest his beliefs.
And that, I believe is the key to individual faith. None of us is able to see clearly.\What do any of us know? What's your name? What's your DOB? Birthplace? We're all told what to believe. And we do.
We know very little of what we think we know.
I know God. I know Christ. I know the Holy Spirit. I know Life.
Mr. Berg lied to us. He said he knew the truth. We were young, stupid. We followed and obeyed. Now, the psychological casualties lay dead, dying and wounded. Some like the young David are actually dead. But I know my redeemer lives.
COG, and its successors in name were still born, dead at birth. All its adherents will be healed and will arise. All of us followed because we were looking for Truth. I hope that the quest for truth continues, Sisters and Brothers.

Kikitas

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2021 03:15 am
I’m looking to speak with anyone who once knew a man named John and I think his last name was Wilson. In 2001/2002 I think he must have been around 49 years old. He is Caucasian, tall, light colored eyes, wore glasses, and kept his hair in a short ponytail. He was my teacher in a home in Harbin China and he sexually abused me when I was 10/11. From what I heard/ put together as I aged was that the previous home he was in in Japan he was kicked out because of sexual relations he had with the daughter/s of his, at the time, Japanese girlfriend. He is a bad man. If you know anything please contact me. Other children should not be at the mercy of that man and his victims deserve justice. I want to have him legally charged but I need help to stop this predator. I don’t go on this website very often so please email me if you have anything at all to share. My email is [email protected]. I also have a picture of him for reference if need be.

moonsinger

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 09:48 am
@Hellspawn66621,
Even Warriors may have a hard time exposing themselves. What would you have us do? I am not in touch with anyone from my time in COG, I am working as hard as I can to access the unspeakable, to speak it, and to find out how much of the shit I experienced and did is still going on. Incredibly fucking pissed to see that the Bitch is given access to children through the 'reformed' version of COG that still exists. WANT to do something to keep her and everyone who flocks to her away from things like grieving immigrant children in border camps, orphans in Puerto Rico, etc. Who the fuck decided that mouthing words of reform was enough to give a vicious, mind-fucking pedophile access to kids?

moonsinger

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 09:58 am
@Confused321,
No one connected to COG or Mama Maria, currently, in any way, is safe for children. Zerby is still the head of whatever the fuck they are calling themselves today, and she is beyond 'reform'. Sadistic pedophilia and mind-control are her stock in trade. I hope you were able to intervene in some way. The fact that these monsters still have access to children in so many venues is obscene.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:21:51