4 people with 9 names ..for CRYING OUT LOUD

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » 4 people with 9 names ..for CRYING OUT LOUD

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 03:56 pm
4 people with 9 names ..for CRYING OUT LOUD
Here is a concept for you
Do you think the name changing in the FI was done to make it more difficult to trace or even locate them?
It has been a challenge trying to find people who have more than 1 name.
If the FI did not have that intention well it sure worked out in their favor. It makes a perfect cover and hideaway for exmembers who wish to remain silent or hidden.
It also makes it very hard when you leave the FI and try to contact or find other members, especially after 20 years gone by.
4 of my own family members had a total of 9 different names FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 01:05 am
name change
I changed my name from my 'legal' name to a chosen name, then 2 years later changed it to a name I liked better, then I changed it once again about 7 years after than because the name I chose for the Family wasn't a name that people could really relate to in the 'outside world'.

I certainly didn't do it to try and hide. I had quite a few other friends who did the same thing, changed their name once or twice or even three times in 10 years or more just because they wanted to - a change is as good as a rest sometimes.

There's not always a sinister reason for doing something.

JASONLANIK

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 12:49 pm
Re: name change
Anonymous wrote:
I changed my name from my 'legal' name to a chosen name, then 2 years later changed it to a name I liked better, then I changed it once again about 7 years after than because the name I chose for the Family wasn't a name that people could really relate to in the 'outside world'.

I certainly didn't do it to try and hide. I had quite a few other friends who did the same thing, changed their name once or twice or even three times in 10 years or more just because they wanted to - a change is as good as a rest sometimes.

There's not always a sinister reason for doing something.

I was named Jason at birth and it was only after I was acused of having a demon the FI called "Janus"(how original) was I forced to take a new name. For a 12 year old kid, that was hard on me. I remember it feeling like I was taking on a new identity and I actually missed Jason.
It only made me more upset at the leadership and did nothing to help my "bad attitude". It was not my choice and I think that was wrong. It's one thing for an adult to take a new name if he or she wishes but to make young children or teens have a different name is a form of child abuse. I say this because I remember how it felt as a teen and believe me it would have been better in my case just to leave Jason alone. A change may be as good as a rest sometimes but it can also be detrimental sometimes.

Cookie 2

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 01:58 pm
Guest, why did you keep changing your name because you liked a new one better? a name is a name is a name.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » 4 people with 9 names ..for CRYING OUT LOUD
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 12:08:58