The Family International--"A Financial Power"

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » The Family International--"A Financial Power"

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 08:26 pm
The Family International--"A Financial Power"
Do you guys remember those GNs where "the Lord" was saying TF was going to be a financial power in the last days? Very Happy Wouldn't you think that the people still in the family wonder if these are are NOT the last days, like they're claiming, or that there's something wrong with the pcys they've been getting all along, cuz their latest GNs talk quite often about their financial problems. what do you all think about their finacial state? Shocked

m 2

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 02:12 am
They won't ever be a financial power, because...well...activities such as ballooning and selling Activated mags and begging aren't very conducive to finance or power.

Of course, that would never make them think the prophecies were a load of crap. Jeebus would just come down from the sky and say that it is their fault that they haven't become a financial power, that they weren't committed or humble or "bridish" enough. Or they might blame it on a demon (Poverion, the demon of poverty Sad?), who knows? They'll never wake up and pull the wool off from over their eyes.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 02:50 pm
It's kind of hard to build wealth or obtain financial power when you believe the world as we know it will end sometime in the next 20-30 years. Groups that build capital and economic leverage generally do so over a very long period of time through careful planning and strategic risk-taking. The biggest strategic risk TF ever took was when Berg thought they could build an empire on the backs of FFers. Oops. Organized crime already has that racket covered, and the competition in sex trafficking is ferocious. Only dreamers without a plan think financial success is going to drop into their laps out of the sky.

m 2

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 03:51 pm
Quote:
Only dreamers without a plan think financial success is going to drop into their laps out of the sky.

Enter TFI Mr. Green

Thorwald 1

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 05:26 pm
CB wrote:
It's kind of hard to build wealth or obtain financial power when you believe the world as we know it will end sometime in the next 20-30 years.

I believe someone told me that they believe Jesus will return _before_ Zerby dies. Since Zerby was born in 1946 and the average life expectancy in the Western World is around 80 +/-5 years, Jesus, by their calculation, would need to return before 2026. That gives him less than 20 years to return.

It seems such a convenient thing to "prophecy": Jesus will return before I die. If you die and Jesus has not returned, then nothing matters anyway.

It reminds me of that story by Edmé Boursault. In this story, an astrologer predicted the death (to the day) of a woman Louis XI, King of France loved. The King, naturally, became angry with the astrologer over this prediction and was determined to have him put to death. The king summoned the astrologer and commanded his guards to be ready to seize the man and throw him out the window if the king gave them a signal. Boursault wrote:
Quote:
"When the astrologer arrived, the king said, 'Can you, who claim to be such a clever man and who know so precisely the fate of others, tell me right now what your own fate shall be and how much longer you have to live?' Either the astrologer had been secretly warned of the king's plan or he guessed it. 'Sire,' he replied with no sign of fright, 'I shall die three days before your majesty.' After this response, the king was careful not to give any sort of signal to have him thrown out the window; instead, he saw to it that the man had everything he needed to live a long life."

PS: Does anyone know if Zerby really published such a prediction and, if so, where I can find it?

Monger 1

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 06:00 pm
Thorwald wrote:
PS: Does anyone know if Zerby really published such a prediction and, if so, where I can find it?

I've made this claim (that Jesus or Berg said through prophecy that the Antichrist will rise before Zerby dies) a couple times in the forums here, and noted this in the article about prophecy on xFamily. However, unfortunately I do not have a reference to cite at the moment. It was a minor mention within a larger prophecy published a while before I left the Family. It stuck with me because of the relatively specific timeframe given, which is more than you can usually ask for from Jesus, apparently. However, I don't think it stood out to most Family members, partly because it wasn't presented as any sort of revelation, and partly because they always think Jesus is coming back "soon." (So, why wouldn't the Antichrist rise before Zerby dies?) My guess is that most Family members wouldn't remember this prophecy. I'd love to find the GN.

Monger 1

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 06:02 pm
m wrote:
Jeebus would just come down from the sky and say that it is their fault that they haven't become a financial power, that they weren't committed or humble or "bridish" enough.

Bridish. That's funny. Laughing

Cookie 2

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 06:19 pm
i have no idea where you can find it, but i DO remember something saying that --but didn't it also mention peter...like before mama and peter die jesus would return.

still....

most family members live month to month. and there are so many of them. for them to be a financial power, they would all have to have money, not just ws, right? ws gets their money from the field, which is struggling, yet their asking for bigger gifts to WS. i faithfully thithed and i got NOTHING when i left the family--not a cent from anyone excet my rellies who had also recently left the family.

Thorwald 1

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:09 pm
Cookie wrote:
i faithfully thithed and i got NOTHING when i left the family

I, too, received nothing (financially) when I left. However, a friend of mine, who was also the Finance Manager of the "home" (was that what they were called?), secretly gave me around $50. That wasn't enough to cover my train ticket, so I had to sell some of my belongings to the local equivalent of a pawn shop.

Cookie 2

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:48 pm
so, so sad. if they're so stingy with their own, how do they expect their own to come up with ways to help them make money when they know they'll never see a cent, except maybe they can start buying their milk on the weekends instead of drinking cartons that expired, or maybe they can finally hve their quota of 2 beers a week instead of one, when they can afford it for a special occasion (or a glass of wine from a box). hee hee. i know when i'm offered personal incentives at work, i am SO much more productive.

winter 1

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 10:22 pm
What a laugh - Poverion. They should have Pervertion as well.

I remember something to the affect of the "two endtime witnesses" - Zerby and Kelly. They'd have to be alive during the ACs reign. Though, I'm not sure that they actually said that they were the "two endtime witnesses." Maybe it was just one of those times I drifted off in 'word time'...

evanman

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 03:51 pm
I seem to recall Zerbe and Davidito being the two!

Anyhow, the "prophecy" doesn't say that they would be a "Major" Financial Power, simply "A" financial power. Scope for much in there.

Monger 1

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:43 pm
winter wrote:
I remember something to the affect of the "two endtime witnesses" - Zerby and Kelly. They'd have to be alive during the ACs reign.

As evanman said, it was supposed to be Zerby and Ricky (Davidito). And while, as you note, there is nothing new about the Family claiming Zerby will be alive during the Antichrist's reign, the GN I'm referring to claimed it again, years after Berg died and his prophesies about when Jesus would return failed. Thus, it is the most recent timeframe the Family has given for Christ's return.

Thorwald wrote:
It seems such a convenient thing to "prophecy": Jesus will return before I die. If you die and Jesus has not returned, then nothing matters anyway.

Indeed.

I remember Crystal Lily (people from Japan probably know her) once telling me that she would remain in the Family even if Zerby died and Family members weren't yet using superpowers against AC forces (that's obviously paraphrased). My guess is that if she sticks to her word, she'll be part of a band smaller than Gideon's.

winter 1

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 11:48 pm
Monger wrote:
I remember Crystal Lily (people from Japan probably know her) once telling me that she would remain in the Family even if Zerby died and Family members weren't yet using superpowers against AC forces (that's obviously paraphrased). My guess is that if she sticks to her word, she'll be part of a band smaller than Gideon's.

She must have been taught by her parents or teachers that to admit you are wrong is a terrible and horrible thing.

Cookie 2

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:26 pm
Bizzare thing for her to say, but then again, I remember saying things in the family too. Things I didn't think about the way I do now. We sang songs saying we were in it till death, like "they say a man can't be a Christian" song. If she leaves, she'll only have said things similar to what some of us used to say too. When we were brainless zombies. Laughing

Day 1

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 08:30 pm
Monger wrote:
As evanman said, it was supposed to be Zerby and Ricky (Davidito).

I wonder how TF spins the "endtime witnesses" story now, since Ricky's passing.

Cookie 2

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 06:13 pm
i really seem to remember something about it being Kelly now, that the mantle had been passed to him, or a very mild version of that.

winter 1

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 07:00 pm
Cookie wrote:
i really seem to remember something about it being Kelly now, that the mantle had been passed to him, or a very mild version of that.

Yeah, me too. I don't know where this is. If they are not the 2, they have been defined as "The King" and "The Queen." That was safe of them. I am a king as well. My kingdom is my... er... bicycle.

Thorwald 1

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 04:24 pm
Day wrote:
I wonder how TF spins the "endtime witnesses" story now, since Ricky's passing.

Well, they attempt to spin it here: Truth about Angela's Death and Ricky's Suicide, The--Part 2 (paragraph 30).

The initial "prophecy" can be found here: End-Time Witnesses, The
and again here: God's Gifts, where even poor Davida "receives" a "prophecy" about it.

Day 1

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:59 am
Thanks for the info and references, Thorwald. Zerby's remarks about Ricky were certainly convenient ... and predictable.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » The Family International--"A Financial Power"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 06:22:33