Hello, All philosophers

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello, All philosophers

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:43 am
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a game developer.
And I've always been kind of a philosopher.
I like to theorize about how the world and reality around us works, on a very existential level.

I am very amused by such subjects as determinism, solipsism, epistemology and contingency.

I am also an atheist

Justin

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:45 am
@ExcludeReality,
Welcome to the Philosophy Forum! Thanks for the intro and hope you enjoy the forums!

Leviathen249

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:11 am
@Justin,
Hello and welcome.
Hope you like it here.
I really like games, so which ones do you make?

jgweed

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 01:00 pm
@ExcludeReality,
In a way, developing a game is akin to doing philosophy, so it is not surprising that you enjoy philosophy.
Welcome to Philforum!
Cheers,
John

ExcludeReality

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 01:22 pm
@Leviathen249,
My games are most of the time 3d simulations, much more mathematical then philosophical.
However, more like what you can call a game are the various one's a tend to make when I have nothing else constructive to do.
I often make a game by request from someone, and I upload some of them on the internet.
The genre can vary from whatever the consumers has in mind.

Programming is a very interesting activity, I've been studying C++ and Java languages since I was 10

jgweed

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 06:36 pm
@ExcludeReality,
While my experience has been in a mainframe shop, I know enough about programming in general to find some similarities between philosophic systems and discourse on the one hand and a elegant programme on the other; both employ logic and rigorous definitions.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello, All philosophers
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 03:55:38